• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Favorite new villager?

Which is your favorite new villager?

• Sasha

Votes: 140 26.6%
  • Ione

Votes: 105 19.9%
  • Tiansheng

Votes: 12 2.3%
  • Shino

Votes: 125 23.7%
  • Marlo

Votes: 35 6.6%
  • Petri

Votes: 43 8.2%
  • Cephalobot

Votes: 45 8.5%
  • Quinn

Votes: 22 4.2%

• Total voters
Sasha! He's so cute, I wanna get him together with Bunnie! I also really like Shino as well so if I do meet her I might actually invite her on my island!

- Ione: I love the design, and that she kind of deviates away from the typical girl-next-door look of most normal villagers. I was caught off-guard by her home interior!
- Marlo: Mob baws is best baws.
- Sasha: Unique design for a lazy.
- Cephalobot: I do tend to like the octopi in general.
- Tiansheng: I appreciate the name reference, even if I tend not to care for monkey villagers that much.
- Shino: I'm not really a huge fan. I initially was, but many of the other villagers grew on me once I found their personalities out. If she were snooty I'd reconsider.
- Quinn: I don't care for her design very much :/

Ione is probably my fave new villager. Though if you were to count the returning villagers that aren't new to the series but new to New Horizons Roswell would definitely be my fave of all villagers added in the 2.0 update.

Ione is probably my fave new villager. Though if you were to count the returning villagers that aren't new to the series but new to New Horizons Roswell would definitely be my fave of all villagers added in the 2.0 update.
I made a poll about the returning villies. To my surprise, Roswell is winning.
Roswell and Faith are my favs from the returnies.
Post automatically merged:

Shino, hands down.
I saw her in the trailer and she matched my town aesthetic so well I wanted her. When I found out she was peppy it sealed the deal for me, as I had already been considering letting my peppy at the time go.

Tiansheng is a second for me, though. He’s cute. His face vaguely reminds me of kid Goku in Dragonball, and IDK if they did it on purpose considering similar origins.
Shino makes me laugh and she likes to flirt.
I want Tiansheng so I can give him a reasonable chance. He reminds me of Chimchar and his clothes is like Bruce Lee

I wasn’t planning on getting Sasha but I found him on a mystery island and he’s just way cuter in person. Might be a new permanent resident on my island.

Definitely Sasha for me. He is just way too cute! Shino is a close second for me, though, followed by Tiansheng, which is pretty surprising for me since I never really liked the monkey models.

I am in love with Shino. Definitely my favorite new villager. She was going on my island no matter what but then I couldn’t believe my luck she was a peppy too! Ive been needing a peppy. I was seriously considering swapping Reneigh with Quinn but I still enjoy Reneigh a little more

Shino is def my new fave, I even drew her right before the update came out. Her design is my fave out of everyone and I love that she's peppy bc I love peppy's lol. It was love at first sight as soon as I saw her in the 2.0 trailer.

I have two of them and I adore them both. Sasha is just so sweet and funny and his house is adorable and Marlo - ah Marlo my beautiful mafioso hamster… 😍

I chose Tiansheng because I love Journey to the West and have a soft spot for the Monkey King. However, I like him, Shino, Ione and Cephalobot equally so it was really hard to choose just one. I wanted Shino ever since I saw her in the trailer and I've been having a soft spot for Ione the more that I've seen her (love her starry theme!). Cephalobot is currently on my island and he's been great so far! I love his home interior. I wish I could invite Ribbot and make him room with Cepha lol. My least favourites would have to be Sasha and Petri. I know so many on here like Sasha, but he just doesn't appeal to me. I also had so many lazies this year that it would make go crazy if I invited another one.

Shino is def my new fave, I even drew her right before the update came out. Her design is my fave out of everyone and I love that she's peppy bc I love peppy's lol. It was love at first sight as soon as I saw her in the 2.0 trailer.
She is the first peppy deer and dialogue for peppy villagers were buffed this patch.
Didn't care about her at first, but she is my top 5 now.

I have two of them and I adore them both. Sasha is just so sweet and funny and his house is adorable and Marlo - ah Marlo my beautiful mafioso hamster… 😍
I just got Marlo. I thought he was going to be my absolute favorite because I like his color and he's cranky.
He's still a good villager, though. Maybe I have to talk to him more. =]

It was shino at first but i've grown to really like petri, especially after finding out that she's a snooty villager.
Petri is one of the cutest villagers, in my opinion.
Up there with Faith and Shino.

Last edited:
Cephalobot forced his way into my heart yesterday while I was island hopping and he showed up five times! I finally gave in. When I checked in on him this morning while he was unpacking, I knew I made the right decision.

I can’t vote on this because I don’t have experience.

I am intrigued by: Sasha, Ione, Shino, Marlo, Cephalobot, and Rio.

quinn is great honestly, her color scheme is gorgeous and it's always nice to have both more sisterly villagers and more eagles to choose from

I voted for Marlo but Petri is really good too. I really like Petri's house.
Marlo I just really like his design and I really like hamsters. It was nice to see a new variation of black and white but I hope to see other hamster color variations in the future.
Like a tan and white, brown and white, gray, cream, speckled, calico, brown that isn't clay lol and taking advantage of the fact rodents sometimes have red eyes or one red eye and one black eye when it comes to lighter variations of color.
But I also hope that every species eventually gets at least 1 of every personality, so if someone wanted and island full of X they could.

Back