• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Favorite "modern" cartoon?

Favorite "modern" cartoon?

• Adventure Time

Votes: 13 16.7%
  • Regular Show

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Gravity Falls

Votes: 11 14.1%
  • My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Steven Universe

Votes: 31 39.7%
  • We Bare Bears

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Wander Over Yonder

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Star Vs. the Forces of Evil

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other

Votes: 15 19.2%

• Total voters
Adult: Rick & Morty - Touches on themes kids shows can't and does it well.

Kids: Steven Universe - Touches on themes kids shows typically don't do and generally does them well. My biggest criticism with it is it often oversimplifies things but eh what can you do, it's a kids show. Some of the best character development I've seen out of a cartoon and the progress from being yet another "monster of the week" show into something more complex is great.

I like most of the things on this list though.

My favorite would probably be Steven Universe. I used to begin getting sick of all of the really weird and random kids cartoons to the point where I wouldn't even bother watching Cartoon Network anymore. Until I was bored, and decided to watch Steven Universe one time. I think it was the episode where Stevonnie is introduced; either way, it's definitely not like any other cartoon. If you can manage to get through the first season, it actually has a really deep touching storyline. Most filler episodes even have interesting bits/facts that contribute to it, so for any of you thinking that it's another mindless millennial kids show, it's not. Give it a chance.

Avatar/Legend of Korra doesn't count then? That would have been my pick.

I haven't watched any of the poll choices on here except for a few minutes of Adventure Time, Gravity Falls, and Regular Show. They're cute but neither caught my interest. I might watch Steven Universe; I'm just lazy. :p

My favorite would probably be Steven Universe. I used to begin getting sick of all of the really weird and random kids cartoons to the point where I wouldn't even bother watching Cartoon Network anymore. Until I was bored, and decided to watch Steven Universe one time. I think it was the episode where Stevonnie is introduced; either way, it's definitely not like any other cartoon. If you can manage to get through the first season, it actually has a really deep touching storyline.

It's really only the first half of season one that suffers from early installment weirdness. If you can make it to Mirror/Ocean Gem it gets very interesting very quickly. Something I learned about recently is the 'Flood order' a la the Machete order but for SU. Cuts out the fluff and is designed to establish characters and make it interesting quicker by watching episodes in a specific order.

http://tumblr.katsuricata.com/post/140052092435/steven-universe-introducing-flood-order

Last edited:
I really like Gravity Falls but since it ended I'll say Steven Universe.

I love Steven Universe a lot but I'd have to say Wakfu. Something about it really appealed to me when I watched it, and I've been waiting in anticipation for Season 3 for months now! I realize not everyone is a fan, but I adore it more than any other series I've seen so far! =)

Last edited:
Formerly I thought it was My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, but lately it has been bland and pandering to Bronies way too much. I like Steven Universe better, now. Remember how Friendship is Magic was made to show girls that there are many different ways to be a girl and none of them are wrong, well to be blunt, I feel like Steven Universe is doing a much better job of that.

i like how su just walks in and tramples on everyone elses ratings like theyre just a staircase to their own

it changes depending on my mood but its usually the amazing world of gumball or steven universe

Phineas and Ferb for life. I don't even care if they're not "modern" anymore. They are forever.

I can't choose between Regular show and We Bare Bears rip me

I have a few favorites. I like Adventure Time, Regular Show, Rick & Morty, Bravest Warriors, and Bee and Puppycat.

Well by certainty the only show out of these I watch is obviously My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic. This show has changed my life drastically and now it's something that I get involved with every single day in my life, I'm sure there hasn't been a day that I haven't involved myself with ponies ever since I "joined the herd".

I used to watch Adventure Time and Gravity Falls, they were shows I enjoyed a lot. I'm still catching up on Steven Universe in the least, it's 20% cooler.

Back