• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

🎶Favorite/least favorite, video game songs/soundtrack?🎶

CylieDanny

🔥The Spicy Prince🔥
Bells
Island
Fuggire
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Fortune Cookie
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
I have a few, the Danganronpa soundtrack sure is awesome. All the games have a really good beat. Also really brings you into the story, and two guarenteed moments that Im sure other Danganronpa fans know, have the beast soundtracks, and tunes.

Id say V3 is probably my favorite Danganronpa theme. I really like jazz, and catchy beats~

In Pokemon Y/X theres this song that plays in one small town, if you talk to this one boy he plays you a really beautiful song. Its got a soft piano sound, its very lovely.
---
But my favorite is probably, South park: Stick of Truth;

Specifically Kyle's Elven kingdom theme. The sound track is amazing, like something out of a fantasy movie. Lots of game also has great tunes, and themes. But the Elven theme is so calm, and gentle, a real soothing sound.
I really enjoyed this soundtrack the most, it is also my favorite south Park game, along with Rally. The whole sound track does sound like it was for a fantasy film. With a mythical feel to the beats that make you think like your in a fantasy world.
The title theme is also amazing.

What are your favorite sound tracks, or specific songs in them. Also if you have a least favorite soundtrack. I cant think of one right now though. Feel free to link a video or two so we can listen in on what ya hate or love.

Last edited:
I could go on for hours on this particular topic, there are so many great video game songs and soundtracks out there! My favorite one is a toss-up between Zelda Majora's Mask and Breath of the Wild, with Pokemon Black/White and Platinum falling in somewhere close behind. Here is a small sampling of some of my favorite songs from those games. I'd include more but there's a limit to how many I can link, which is probably for the best to be honest!

Honorable mentions:
-Mario Kart 8: Mount Wario
-Fantasy Life: Divine Power
-F Zero X: Decide in the Eyes (Big Blue)
-F Zero X Expansion Kit: Rainbow Road (N64 DD Exclusive)
-Kirby Air Ride: Legendary Air Ride Machine

And then, for at least one that isn't Nintendo related...
-Old School RuneScape: Ice and Fire

This is by no means an exhaustive list, nor is it necessarily in order. I told you I could go on forever with this!

There's numerous videogame soundtracks that I like, but I'll only be naming a few. One of those happens to be the soundtrack to Mega Man X. A significant portion of this soundtrack was influenced by Heavy Metal, which I love. "The Ending Theme" ranks amongst my favourites. This one is a bit more symphonic in nature, and has always sounded very emotive to me. As it plays at the end of the game, these memorable words appear on the screen while Mega Man watches from atop a cliff:

"The war has ended for now and peace has been restored. But those who sacrificed themselves for the victory will never return.

Exhausted, X gazes at the destruction he helped cause and wonders why he chose to fight. Was there another way?

Standing on the cliff, the answers seem to escape him. He only knows that he'll fight The Mavericks again before he finds his answer.

How long will he keep on fighting? How long will his pain last? Maybe only the X-Buster on his hand knows for sure....."

I will be completely honest; I’m not the biggest fan of Zelda games. However, I will say that Wind Waker has one of the best soundtracks. These are some of my favorites from that particular game:

This is another soundtrack that I like, from The Dog Island. This is a very underrated game that I highly recommend for those who haven’t played it.

My favorite gaming osts are from games that I haven't played yet. I've only watched play-throughs of them.

Journey: I want to play this game, but the multiplayer feature makes it a bit intimidating. Even though the other person can't direction speak to you other than in little chirps. From this soundtrack, my favorite song has to be "Apotheosis". It sounds so happy and epic.

Gris : This game is quite sad, so I'm going to leave it for later in life. It has a similar style to Journey where the music plays a major part in the storytelling.

My favorite gaming osts are from games that I haven't played yet. I've only watched play-throughs of them.

Journey: I want to play this game, but the multiplayer feature makes it a bit intimidating. Even though the other person can't direction speak to you other than in little chirps. From this soundtrack, my favorite song has to be "Apotheosis". It sounds so happy and epic.
Came here to say Journey but you beat me to it!! The soundtrack is just perfect for that game.

Aside from that.. Stardew Valley has some great music, I love the music that plays in Summer, Autumn, and Winter.

Starbound has an amazing soundtrack. I think my favorite is this song from the final boss battle. I spent almost an hour in the battle listening to this song, and the song beings back all those memories and how proud I was when I finally did it.

Say what you want about the game, but you can’t deny that Xenoblade Chronicles X has an amazing soundtrack. This song in particular sounds like it belongs in an anime…

I'll start with Animal Crossing. These are some of my favorites:

-Nook's Cranny Theme (Population Growing)
-Able Sisters Theme (Wild World/City Folk)
-Museum Theme (New Leaf)

I honestly like Zelda music the best. My favorite is the Ocarina of Time soundtrack, but other Zelda games have good music as well! My favorites are Tal Tal Heights (LA), Overworld/Dark World (ALttP), Windmill Hut (OoT/MM), Great Fairy Fountain (OoT/MM), Lost Woods (OoT/MM), Stone Tower Temple (MM), Deku Palace (MM), Dragon Roost Island (WW), Hyrule Field (TP), and Kass' Theme (BotW).

Here are three amazing songs from video games that I love since I couldnt choose just one-

Top OST of all time for me HAS to be Route 209 from Pokemon DPPt. It sounds hopeful and nostalgic, something that reminds of a sunrise. It gives me so much strength just listening to this. I think all versions of this (DPPt, Super Smash Bros., BDSP) are beautiful in their own way.

Spider Dance from Undertale is also brilliant. I know majority of the Undertale OST have pretty much the same notes, but Spider Dance was mixed in a way that just sounds so lively, bright, and playful.

K.K. Slider also dropped this BANGER of a song. It's so catchy and mysterious and smooth. It's probably my favorite K.K. song

One more K.K. Slider song, my second favorite. K.K. Dixie is so upbeat, it makes me want to break into a dance on the street.

This is so unexpected and not my aesthetic, but idk, I really love the post-apocalyptic tune of Mouth Wide Open from LISA: The Joyful. I remember being so obsessed with this song for a while after finishing the game.

Professor Layton's OST will always have a huuge spot on my heart, when I was little I really wanted to learn how play the violin just because it :'p
For more recent games, I have been listening to the NeoTWEWY & Persona OSTs on repeat this past year, they're so good!!
DGS/TGAA is amazing too, that was my 2018 soundtrack lol.
Honorable mentions to Mario Galaxy, the Pokemon Mystery Dugneon series, and Kirby (specially Return to Dream Land & Epic Yarn)

I could go on and on about how good MegaTen soundtracks are. SMT/Persona soundtracks never fail to disappoint no matter the game imo - for example:
SMT V - A Rain of Light and Shadow
Persona 5 - Rivers in the Desert
Devil Survivor - Deep Night
Strange Journey - The Fear of God

Other than that, there's also Xenoblade Chronicles. The soundtrack really gets you pumped and makes you want to explore every nook and cranny imo. And the battle themes gets me so pumped lmao.
Gaur Plains (Night) (Definitive Edition version)
Mechanical Rhythm (Definitive Edition version)
Engage the Enemy (Definitive Edition version)
Forest of the Nopon (Definitive Edition version)
Alcamoth (Definitive Edition version)
Time to Fight!

Last edited:
I really don't often pay attention to a game's soundtrack, unless it just strikes me as amazing, but there are a few that I absolutely love.

The entire New Leaf soundtrack is amazing; the music that plays throughout the day is perfect for every hour.

But as for specific songs, there is one from Fire Emblem: Three Houses that sticks out to me. It plays during the final level on one of the routes (won't spoil which one) but...oh my gosh it's epic and I've always loved songs with that particular sound.

I'll have to put my hat towards the Cuphead soundtrack as one of my favorite video game soundtracks. But Persona 5 also have a killer soundtrack to listen to

In terms of overall soundtracks my favorites are Persona 5 Royal, The House In Fata Morgana, and both Nier Automata and Nier Replicant. All four of these games are filled with beautiful that suck you in. Here are a few standouts:

As for least favorite soundtracks there’s Crazy Bus and that Sonic RPG. They’re something to behold.

Some of my favorite soundtracks come from Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2, and Mario Kart Wii as there is not a single song from those games that I can say I don't like. There are too many songs to list here so I'll just put a few of my favorites.

I like way more songs than this but I didn't want to put to many in this post.

Back