• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Favorite copy ability?

Yoshi155

“I want to go home and rethink my life”
Bells
Switch
6929-4509-7861
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Golden Watering Can
If you play Kirby, what’s your favorite copy ability? You might think mine is mirror but it’s actually leaf

Hmm, that's a hard question. It kinda depends on which game I'm playing.

Some of them are Leaf, Bell, ESP, and Artist. I also used to really like Star Rod just because I love stars, but that's only used during a final boss.

I love High Jump, Ball, ESP, and Beetle the most. They're all fun to use and move around with.

I think Burning and Spark are my favourites, although I haven't played any of the more recent Kirby games except for Super Kirby Clash.

I like Leaf, Water, Ice, Beam and Hammer the most. I also like cleaning, it's not the most useful ability most of the time but it is cute!

Ice Spark, or 'Refrigerator Kirby' from Kirby 64.

I played this shortly after release and thought Kirby turning into a fridge was the coolest thing ever as a child.

1686683925087.png

Poison is my favorite, i like making spots that do residual damage and how it has longer range attacks too. Bomb, spear, wing and beetle are also nice.

The last Kirby game I played to completion was Kirby's Return to Dream Land on the Wii, so my knowledge might be rusty, but definitely Wing Kirby!
I know that Kirby and practically all other playable characters in the Kirby games can all "fly" but something about having proper wings sells it better for me, also Wing Kirby just feels way better when flying vs. the awkward and slow floats of regular Kirby. I believe you could also glide and do other cool air attacks so it just made being in the air very fun 😃

I also like Mike, Beam, and Parasol Kirby, and one that I haven't tried myself but looked really cool was the Dragon Fire upgrade in Forgotten Land; attacking and flying like a proper dragon just looks so cool!

Hmm, that's a hard question. It kinda depends on which game I'm playing.

Some of them are Leaf, Bell, ESP, and Artist. I also used to really like Star Rod just because I love stars, but that's only used during a final boss.
I just started playing Kirby's Return to Dream Land Deluxe and I can already tell I will probably be adding Sand to my favorites.

My first favourite copy ability was wheel, I loved moving fast and just blitzing through levels

Then I got really into rock for its invincibility
and later plasma for its use in the various arenas in kirby superstar ultra

magician and bubble I also really enjoyed
Tornado was one that I initially didn't like cuz I had trouble controlling its ending where you'd be vulnerable, but as I got good at it it went up there too :)

I'm definitely forgetting some, I like *lots* of copy abilities :p mirror too for example

Hi-Jump. The costume is awesome, consisting of a cape and winged headband. There’s no explanation for why the headband has wings, but it doesn’t matter because it’s cool looking. The cape + headband use the three primary colors which I think was a genius decision for a superhero themed costume. Kirby’s floating is sluggish and not fun to control in a lot of games, but with Hi-Jump you go a long distance and crash into enemies without damaging yourself. In RtDL they added a move that allows you to ‘jump’ downward which practically gives you limitless mobility. Lastly, the Kracko boss fight in Adventure was so memorable. Unlike Meta Knight, the ability isn’t required to get to the arena and start the fight, but it’s a lot easier with Hi-Jump and I’m sure most people used it in the fight.

Adventure, Squeak Squad, and RtDL (plus spin-offs Dream Course and Dream Buffet) are the only games that have it. I wish it appeared more often.

My second favorite is Mirror, which also doesn’t appear a whole lot.

This one is super hard! My favourite non N64 ability would be the NESS/ESP ability. Super fun to use and I will take the Mother/Earthbound references!!! N64 is a alot harder to decided, so many fun powerups. I really liked double fire because of the bird effect, but the light saber (electric cutter) and pet rock (electric rock) are fun too, and double electric does give some ESP vibes....

My Kirby experience ends with squeak squad so I don't know of any of the abilities that were introduced after squeak squad!

But of the ones I remember I really liked Tornado (?) because you could add an elemental ability like fire or electric to it and change your tornado type.

Back