Fantasy Life General Thread

I really liked this game, but I really did not like the storyline.

I mean, I wish the storyline was, well, at least more entertaining.

I liked the fact that you could use past lives to advance other lives at first, but then once I got to Master Mercenary I couldn't really go to the Hero stage unless I get a better sword. I did a bit of research and noticed that the only sword better than my sword had to be made by a Blacksmith in the God stage. I figured, well, it's not that much work to get to the Master stage and it's just a creation class, I better give it a try. I did get to the Master stage in Blacksmith fairly quickly but unfortunately one of the recipes with the most stars required a beam that had to be made when you are an expert Carpenter. I decided to move onto the other quests but this one is still holding me back because I really do not want to become a Carpenter.

Other than this, my favorite class is Angler because it is the most fun, but I noticed that I really need some sort of defense against monsters nearby fishing spots, so I'm stuck at Hero for the Angler and I couldn't become a Hero in Mercenary.

Luckily, ORAS came out when I realized this.

I ran into this same problem when I had to do this one. XP Anyway, you wanna go to the East Grassy Plains. From there, run along the right side until you see a ramp of sorts on the north end of the plains. There will be a bunch of Sandzards and a few copper ore deposits.

Run up that ran and towards the top, you'll see a campsite and save point and wa la~ you're at Mt. Snowpeak.

YEEESSSS that is exactly what I needed to know <3
*been running around like a headless chicken last night before ZZZZZ, trying to warp up this one last quest*
;__; Thanks again!

I just finished the cast chapter .-.
Nothing much to do now since I don't have the dlc due to the stupid region lock

I really liked this game, but I really did not like the storyline.

I mean, I wish the storyline was, well, at least more entertaining.

I liked the fact that you could use past lives to advance other lives at first, but then once I got to Master Mercenary I couldn't really go to the Hero stage unless I get a better sword. I did a bit of research and noticed that the only sword better than my sword had to be made by a Blacksmith in the God stage. I figured, well, it's not that much work to get to the Master stage and it's just a creation class, I better give it a try. I did get to the Master stage in Blacksmith fairly quickly but unfortunately one of the recipes with the most stars required a beam that had to be made when you are an expert Carpenter. I decided to move onto the other quests but this one is still holding me back because I really do not want to become a Carpenter.

Other than this, my favorite class is Angler because it is the most fun, but I noticed that I really need some sort of defense against monsters nearby fishing spots, so I'm stuck at Hero for the Angler and I couldn't become a Hero in Mercenary.

Luckily, ORAS came out when I realized this.
I agree on your points however there's pretty much always a npc that sells the right thing so you could look for an npc that sells the beam.

YEEESSSS that is exactly what I needed to know <3
*been running around like a headless chicken last night before ZZZZZ, trying to warp up this one last quest*
;__; Thanks again!

Haha, no prob. Glad I could help. :D I totally know the feeling. Apparently, I didn't realize it, but if you're far enough, you can visit the pilot in South Castele and they can take you to Mt. Snowpeak directly. Granted, they only take you to the base, where the campsite and save point are.

Despite that, it is good to know how to get there on foot too, since you can have those dumb moments and you can't find it. I've had plenty of dumb moments while playing this game for sure, including not being able to find Waterfall Cave for the longest time. I really did feel like an idiot when I figured out it was soo obvious too. XD

Yeah I tried to put the Magician Hero outfit in white, I didn't like it x)

And I just bought the DLC... in the end... hm hm... But it's dumb of me, because I'm only at level 40, and I still need to gain ten levels to enjoy it, so here are two questions:

- how can I 'farm' to get tons of XP?
- how and where can I befriend with the dark butterfly whose name I can't remember?

Thanks in advance, sorry for being such a noob x)

for farming XP, go defeat any of the gold lvl bosses. like the napdragon, ones in the ancient ruins, and ones in terra nimbus. I think that's what I did to level up before I hit 50? bring along some good NPCs, pretty sure I used Odin and Yuelia.

I agree on your points however there's pretty much always a npc that sells the right thing so you could look for an npc that sells the beam.

There are no NPCs that sell fir beams, unfortunately. I ran into the same problem, but luckily I had already been working on carpenter so it wasn't much work to get them.

There are no NPCs that sell fir beams, unfortunately. I ran into the same problem, but luckily I had already been working on carpenter so it wasn't much work to get them.

if you get to master carpenter then beavus in elderwood village sells them :)
course if you need it before reaching master carpenter it can be a pain in the butt lol;;

Ok, updating my progress!
I've played for 50 hrs, I just started Chapter 4 and overall I'm at level 29.

My goal is to level up the Mercenary class at least to Adept and to start the Paladin class and level it up to Adept as soon as I can. Since I just started Chapter 4, it doesn't look like I'll get to start the Paladin class for a bit though.

Paladin: Not Started Yet
Mercenary: Apprentice
Tailor: Expert
Hunter: Adept
Miner: Adept
Woodcutter: Adept
Angler: Adept
Cook: Adept
Blacksmith: Adept
Carpenter: Adept
Alchemist: Adept
Magician: Adept

My progress!
Play time: 30 hours
Chapter: just finished 5
Level: 32

Mercenary: Expert
Miner: Expert
Woodcutter: Adept
Angler: Adept
Blacksmith: Expert
Alchemist: Expert

The only ones I want that I don't have are Carpenter and Cook... I'll get them when I finish the story.

if you get to master carpenter then beavus in elderwood village sells them :)
course if you need it before reaching master carpenter it can be a pain in the butt lol;;

Right, but you can make them before you reach master carpenter anyway, so if you want them without being a carpenter you're kind of screwed unless you have someone else make them for you. You can buy most of the material you need for carpenter in order to get to that point though, so it's not hard, just kind of a pain.

Just bought the Origin Island DLC,and now gonna start the DLC story.Oh man I'm excited :)

(Also,anything should I be aware of when doing the DLC story)

Last edited:
I thought I was poor after spending for all the materials and traveling as a Blacksmith and Alchemist, but after selling all the stuff I crafted... I am richer, yay!

Back