Fantasy Life General Thread

thank you, this is super helpful!! i'll hopefully get the dlc this weekend and have some friends get it too ~

- - - Post Merge - - -

No, unfortunately. Unless you have some friends who are at least masters or experts in other classes and are willing to give you stuff. I started out as a Cook and I figured out there were some fish I couldn't buy and I had to switch to an Angler. Then I switched to Blacksmith and realized I needed some fir beams for a craft, and I switched to Carpenter (which was really boring). :( However, I would start with classes where you collect materials first. c:

I do like that you can build your dagger skills no matter which Life you're in :)

I love the star challebges when you switch lives. Keeps the game interesting. My main job is a wizard and i love it because she owns but i gotta say... I like fishing too lol and cooking is so much fun

I dont see the need for a blacksmith really... Maybe not yet. It is necessary?

well, eventually... post-dlc, it's recommended to max out all lives

Can someone explain the cooking timer to me? I keep trying to make superior dishes but they just keep coming out regular... Lol

Can someone explain the cooking timer to me? I keep trying to make superior dishes but they just keep coming out regular... Lol

Hi, I wish I could.. I quite don't get it as well.. Sometimes when I craft too quick or too slow, the items tend to be mediocre quality.. either good or none at all. Although I think it's more on how many "Great" instead of "Good" methods you get. I heard luck helps increase the quality too

I love the star challebges when you switch lives. Keeps the game interesting. My main job is a wizard and i love it because she owns but i gotta say... I like fishing too lol and cooking is so much fun

I dont see the need for a blacksmith really... Maybe not yet. It is necessary?

Each Life affects the other Lives in different ways - Blacksmiths are more useful for Mercenaries, Paladins, Miners and Tailors than they are for Wizards and Fishermen. If I recall, wizards and fishermen mostly rely on carpenters for their gear - which is probably why you haven't been finding much use for the Blacksmith.

I do like how dynamic this game can be like that. ;D

still a noob, where can i find leather string and animal hide? :< i'm working on the artisanal fashion challenge for the tailor

Last edited:
still a noob, where can i find leather string and animal hide? :< i'm working on the artisanal fashion challenge for the tailor

Fine woods and artisan shop in castele lol

- - - Post Merge - - -

You can go to grassy outskirts of town, you can kill wolves to get the animal hide too

- - - Post Merge - - -

If you need any help, Pm me! I've spent soooo many hours in fantasy life lol

Last edited:
Fine woods and artisan shop in castele lol

- - - Post Merge - - -

You can go to grassy outskirts of town, you can kill wolves to get the animal hide too

- - - Post Merge - - -

If you need any help, Pm me! I've spent soooo many hours in fantasy life lol

is that in the shopping district? :eek: i haven't been there yet :blush:

- - - Post Merge - - -

ok hehe i may take you up on that offer! i feel like i don't know what i am doing most of the time xD

Lol I've put 40 hours into it and still get so so confused

- - - Post Merge - - -

And it should be in the square, by the post office side or in the section to the right (east Castile) and south

Last edited:
Lol I've put 40 hours into it and still get so so confused

- - - Post Merge - - -

And it should be in the square, by the post office side or in the section to the right (east Castile) and south

ohhh! i will have to look! i didn't get a chance to play tonight, hopefully tomorrow! also, does it take a while to get to a high enough level with the dagger to kill bigger enemies? i was killed by an ostrich ;w;

A www lol that's so cute lol

I started as a wizard so I've always been long range and run away. I dont have any other fighting classes, it doesn't take too long though... Just keep at it. It can get really hard at times and you will die (even I died a ton of times)

I suggest killing the small carrots first, caterpillar bugs and the bees. Then work your way up to wolves, ostriches and the sheep and bandits!

ohhh! i will have to look! i didn't get a chance to play tonight, hopefully tomorrow! also, does it take a while to get to a high enough level with the dagger to kill bigger enemies? i was killed by an ostrich ;w;

Well, dagger is the most useless weapon type in the game, so I'm not even surprised to hear you're struggling to defeat certain monsters. These weapons don't deal much damage and there aren't any redeeming factors other than being universal to every single Life. Even in the endgame, I'm willing to believe that the most powerful dagger in the game will be still outclassed by the much superior weapon types. This is the reason why I recommend picking a Combat Life first, so you won't be stuck with the dinky dagger. The only reason you would still use it is to max out its skill level to earn some Bliss points, which is pretty much for completionist's sake.

tl;dr : Don't bother with daggers. Get a Combat Life ASAP and have a better weapon!

Is it worth buying the game at full price, or should I wait for a sale? Hoping not to get the typical smart-ass answer of "go buy it and see for yourself" response since I'm asking the community if its worth buying from their experience. At $55 after taxes, this is one of the most expensive games that I can currently buy on the 3DS so I'm really on the fence whether or not I should buy it.

Is it worth buying the game at full price, or should I wait for a sale? Hoping not to get the typical smart-ass answer of "go buy it and see for yourself" response since I'm asking the community if its worth buying from their experience. At $55 after taxes, this is one of the most expensive games that I can currently buy on the 3DS so I'm really on the fence whether or not I should buy it.
it's actually worth every penny tbh there's just so many things you can do but if you don't feel like spending that much right now, then feel free to wait it out o:
also it's a lot more worth it if you get the dlc..

It's definitely worth it! I'm loving this game. But, I see that you have quite a lot of forum bells. So if you're skeptical/feeling reluctant to pay $55 you could always just buy the game with tbt bells? I bought mine from forum user Blizzard. The game itself was 12k tbt and then I paid an extra 3k for the expansion. So 15k total for a $50 game.

50$? I got it from toys r us for only 29.99$

- - - Post Merge - - -

And yes I think it is worth the money. There is a lot of content in the game and it can easily last you many many hours.

It's really worth it! I've put about 85 hours in the game, and I've had it for 2 months, and I've played every day. I'm not even halfway done with the game on my first character, and there are 3 character spots! I've had a great time with the game, it's the best new game I've tried in a long time.

I was also on the fence about it, but had the opportunity to get a copy in the TBT marketplace and went for it. I wasn't sure I would be that crazy about it, but I feel now it is definitely worth the money. I wouldn't regret buying it at all.

Well, dagger is the most useless weapon type in the game, so I'm not even surprised to hear you're struggling to defeat certain monsters. These weapons don't deal much damage and there aren't any redeeming factors other than being universal to every single Life. Even in the endgame, I'm willing to believe that the most powerful dagger in the game will be still outclassed by the much superior weapon types. This is the reason why I recommend picking a Combat Life first, so you won't be stuck with the dinky dagger. The only reason you would still use it is to max out its skill level to earn some Bliss points, which is pretty much for completionist's sake.

tl;dr : Don't bother with daggers. Get a Combat Life ASAP and have a better weapon!

ok! i was debating on which life to take on next and that might be the way to go...i really like fighting heh heh!

ok! i was debating on which life to take on next and that might be the way to go...i really like fighting heh heh!

Yeah combat is best. I don't like getting hit so I became a wizard. They also heal themselves so that was a plus lol I can get a little reckless. The hp and sp potions are so expensive too, unless you are an alchemist and can make your own.

What I like about non-combat lives is that I can mine or cook even when I am not in that life and am playing as a wizard. It's awesome haha

Back