• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Excite Bike World Ralley Released!

Palad][n

Bells
Cake
This is the official Excite Bike Extreme Wii Virtual Consle game thread.
It costs 1000 points
It has amaizing wifi
It has 16 great challenging stages
It has stage builder
It has many different designs of biikes, which some of them are unlocked by wifi.

Anyway, its a must buy if you dont have it

About my Excite Bike (And Wifi code)
<div class='spoiler_toggle'>Spoiler: click to toggle</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">
My wifi friend code is:
I got the game on Sunday, November 15th, and I got all S's today, November 16th
I have 100 anyone wifi points
I have 0 Friend wifi poilnts
</div>

Since I thought the game was cool, I decided to make a review for it :)
Open the spoiler for the review
<div class='spoiler_toggle'>Spoiler: click to toggle</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">

The original Excitebike for the NES holds a lot of nostalgia for gamers of that era (read our review for a good example). But in truth, the game was incredibly short. With just five tracks included and no multiplayer, the game could literally be completed in a matter of minutes. But it was the quality of its core gameplay that kept people coming back for more.

That basic formula remains here in World Rally mostly intact. Players drive a motorbike through an obstacle course and attempt to reach the finish line in the shortest amount of time. In the original, setting a low time was its own reward. In this installment, repeat play is additionally rewarded. Each track has a finish time goal set that you must beat in order to unlock some additional feature of the game. At first you must meet these goals simply to unlock the next set of tracks, of which there are a total of 16. But later the game tasks you with setting even lower finish times to unlock additional benefits, which are usually customized bike designs and colors.

In addition to obstacles, the track is populated with mysteriously respawning computer opponents who you must dodge as well, similar to the original. However, unlike the NES release, World Rally allows for up to four-player simultaneous play online with friends (using friend codes) or random matching. The online matching works the same as in Mario Kart Wii and is just as smooth and painless. The manual says that if the connection lags for a second or two then each player will continue to play and the game will correct their respective locations once able to do so. We only observed this phenomenon once, so it does not appear to be a problem and for the most part online play, like Mario Kart, is as smooth as if you were playing in the same room.

Ironically, if you actually want to play in the same room, that will not be possible offline. Although no local multiplayer existed in the original game, which was doubly bizarre at the time, Nintendo has increasingly emphasized local multiplayer as of late. It is a curious decision considering the game

Stage Builder was in the original NES version, but it's nice to see it come back.

Nikoking said:
Stage Builder was in the original NES version, but it's nice to see it come back.
Yeah, you should try it out
You get wifi credit points from doing wifi to unlock some bikes.
So not only is it fun, but its rewarding.
Also, lag-free wifi.

Its a great come back

how do you know you havnt even played it

and its rated #1 in all wiiware games available

Back