Europe and Japan : 3 cards per blind pack, North America : 6 cards

I bet people will be selling bundle packs and individual cards on eBay.. I do wonder if the cards are region locked?

Cards will probably if not certainly be not region locked. I'm happy though, because its easier to get NPC's

I think they might be a paper-y material. In Japan, they also come sold with card protectors so that's what I'm guessing. I'll be picking some up on July 30th if I can so I'll confirm either way then.

Cool. We are waiting for you word on this ;)

I bet people will be selling bundle packs and individual cards on eBay.. I do wonder if the cards are region locked?

I'd be personally more at ease trading cards with users on this board without any exchange of currency, but that's just me hence the discussion about trading here : http://www.belltreeforums.com/showthread.php?307198-Trading-Animal-Crossing-amiibo-cards

oh if someone does open a trading board I possibly would do that as well :) I didn't know it was already being discussed!

Last edited:
Why are some people saying this is bad for eu??? They get double the special characters

Why are some people saying this is bad for eu??? They get double the special characters

Baso this.

I couldn't care less about villager cards and am only interested in specials. This makes things a lot easier for me, so hopefully it'll be three for Australia as well

Baso this.

I couldn't care less about villager cards and am only interested in specials. This makes things a lot easier for me, so hopefully it'll be three for Australia as well

Wait I'm missing something, how do we get double the special characters with 3 cards in a pack?

Wait I'm missing something, how do we get double the special characters with 3 cards in a pack?

6 cards in a pack, one of them is a special

3 cards in a pack, one of them is a special

you have a higher density of specials in these packs so it's like getting 2 specials if you buy 6 cards worth

Basically what Murray said. NA cards give you packs of 6 with one special, EU cards give you packs of 3 with one special. Thus, in NA, for every 6 cards you buy, you get one special. Where as in EU you get 2 specials per 6 cards.

So, I assume Australia will do the same, does anyone know?
It'll probably be the same since it's done in EU, but even still, ninty AU and EU are two separate businesses, so if Ninty AU thinks packs of 6 will sell well, then we'll get packs of 6, and the same goes for packs of 3. Ninty AU usually copies EU, but really, who knows. If the EU packaging didn't have the different languages on the packaging, then I'd assume Australia would be the same, but since it doesn't, it's anyone's guess - I personally hope that AU are packs of 3 so it's easier to get specials.

Baso this.

It's better for you but for people like me who are more interested in villagers than special characters (I want around 15 specific villagers and 5 special characters), it will be harder to acquire those

Also I guess for people wanting the full collection, it will also be harder since there will be less special characters than villagers. So for those people, the number of doubles of cards will be much higher than people doing the same in America.

It's better for you but for people like me who are more interested in villagers than special characters (I want around 15 specific villagers and 5 special characters), it will be harder to acquire those

Also I guess for people wanting the full collection, it will also be harder since there will be less special characters than villagers. So for those people, the number of doubles of cards will be much higher than people doing the same in America.

yea I get that. but I'm not a collector and idc about regular villager cards, but it's kinda sucky for people who are :|

6 cards in a pack, one of them is a special

3 cards in a pack, one of them is a special

you have a higher density of specials in these packs so it's like getting 2 specials if you buy 6 cards worth

So it's been confirmed that NA only get 1 special in their 6 packs?

EDIT: In addition, it makes no difference either way for me as I'll be buying a booster box of cards as long as it's not over ?80 (price for pokemon booster boxes). I'm hoping it'll be worth under that.

Last edited:
So it's been confirmed that NA only get 1 special in their 6 packs?

EDIT: In addition, it makes no difference either way for me as I'll be buying a booster box of cards as long as it's not over ?80 (price for pokemon booster boxes). I'm hoping it'll be worth under that.
nope, it hasn't been confirmed although that's what we are guessing (and I'm hoping for).

Back