Boccages

Bells
Switch
0347-4629-2695
Silver Mailbox
Pear (Fruit)
Orange (Fruit)
Mailbox
Well it seems Europeans will go the Japan route with the Amiibo Animal Crossing cards. Nintendo Europe just announced that the blind packs will come with 3 cards (of which one will be special) and they published an image of these packs (the packaging literature is in English and French).

I'm kind of annoyed for you guys in France, Netherlands and Denmark. I would think you would have liked 6 packs instead of 3 packs... I'll be collecting these cards here in Qu?bec and they will come in blind packs of 6 (with, I guess 1 special card per pack), which means less chances for me to have multiples since they won't put twice the same card in a single package. Especially with the special cards which are the glittery ones...

animal-crossing-booster-pack-europe.jpg

Source : NintendoEverything

"France, Netherlands and Denmark" Dude, you're forgetting a whole lot of othe countries. Like England, where I live, haha. :)

If we only get 3 card they better be frigging CHEAP!

edit: the fact they're using the blue n3sxl on the pack isn't promising for the release of the limited edition one from japan. :/

Last edited:
"France, Netherlands and Denmark" Dude, you're forgetting a whole lot of othe countries. Like England, where I live, haha. :)

These Animal Crossing amiibo card booster packs should "technically" be less than the ?1.50 that was charged for a Kid Icarus: Uprising AR Card booster pack because those contained six cards.
But I highly doubt Nintendo would do that...

Last edited:

edit: the fact they're using the blue n3sxl on the pack isn't promising for the release of the limited edition one from japan. :/
I'll never be sorry for the perfidious Albion... ;)

Last edited:
Man, that really sucks for Europe. They always get the short end of the stick. ;_____;

Ugh, I was hoping for a pack of 6 cards but hopefully it shouldn't be too much of a difference as long as the cards are priced fairly (not ?20 - looking at you Argos!!).
It will mean villagers will be harder to get in Europe than America because there will be 2 special character per 6 cards in Europe as opposed to 1 special character per 6 cards in America, right? That really sucks since there are more villagers I want than special characters. I should be prepared to go through a lot of these packs. ;-;

@JasonBurrows: Kid Icarus cards didn't have amiibo functionality so cost per card of these will definitely be higher. I won't want to spend more than ?3 per pack of 3 cards, hoping the price will be ?1.50 or ?2 though.

"It will mean villagers will be harder to get in Europe than America because there will be 2 special character per 6 cards in Europe as opposed to 1 special character per 6 cards in America, right?"

Has this actually been said somewhere or just an assumption?

"It will mean villagers will be harder to get in Europe than America because there will be 2 special character per 6 cards in Europe as opposed to 1 special character per 6 cards in America, right?"

Considering two packs of EU cards (6 cards total) will have 2 special characters total (and each pack WILL have a special character, so it's not like Pok?mon where each booster pack has like a Legendary or something), it's probably just assumption and reasoning more than anything. 2/6 and 1/6 basically

Intelligent assumption I would say. If that's true, NA amiibo packs will contain more villagers and less working characters (or special cards). Which means that Europeans would have more special characters, hence be able to trade these for villagers with NA collectors/fans.

Heya EpicMeli, it looks like the photo of the blue 3DS on the pack is the stock photo of the original 3DSXL with the NFC reader, which has been circulating all over. I squinted really hard at the N3DS image in the middle...is that the blue one? It looks silvery to me, but that could just be a combo of tiny phone screen/nearsightedness/ignorance on my part. I do think it's also a stock photo. The Japanese pack has no pic of any hardware on the front, new or otherwise, even though they do have the limited edition N3DS.

On the basis of all my speculative conjecture, I'm gonna keep holding out hope (for now). ;)

Regardless of how many cards are in a pack I need a job

As long as english packs are half the price seeing as we get half the goods, then I'm fine with it.

But we all know that US stuff is cheaper than UK stuff, so we're gonna be screwed over so bad. T_T

I'm still wondering if these cards are made out of plastic or cardboard. I mean, they hold an NFC chip no ? Like a SIM card, so I thought they would be made out of plastic.

I'm still wondering if these cards are made out of plastic or cardboard. I mean, they hold an NFC chip no ? Like a SIM card, so I thought they would be made out of plastic.

I'm definitely interested in this as well. Knowing logic it's probably an extremely simple answer, but the cards look as thin as paper. It's probably a magnetic sheet or something

I think they might be a paper-y material. In Japan, they also come sold with card protectors so that's what I'm guessing. I'll be picking some up on July 30th if I can so I'll confirm either way then.

Woah, hey, I just noticed something -- do you have to have some special reader to read these? I thought you just scanned them with the 3DS QR code reader! What's that little white box in the left hand corner??

Back