• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Dumb fears you have

The noises my fridge makes when i'm home alone. For some reason i'm just scared of the sounds when i'm by myself for some reason.

Being outside during a thunderstorm. I always feel like I’m going to get struck even though I know it’s the lowest possibility but still makes me uncomfortable.

Reactions: Neb
I’m scared of rolling/sipping down a hill/mountain/cliff for absolutely no reason!

im a big scaredy cat, here's a few dumb fears

-i don't like windows at night. i'm always scared i'm gonna look up and see something scary ;w;
-i have a love/hate relationship with balloons. i love them and they're so cute and fun, but please don't let it pop...
-monkeys. i hate monkeys. the tiny marmosets and stuff i'm fine with, but anything bigger makes me uncomfortable.
-mirrors at night
-stairs at night

I have really bad anxiety about throwing up, or being around others throwing up. It’s a Thing.

In less insidious fears, I am terrified of getting pooped on by a bird. I know it’s supposed to be good luck, and I know if it happened it wouldn’t be that bad, but I still always pull on my hood whenever a flock of birds flies overhead or I walk through a group of birds.

I also don't like escalators, doesn't help that I have vertigo. Stairs in general are not my favorite things, I have a fear of falling down them and snapping my neck. I have tripped up, and down stairs many times so that fear is kind of valid.
My biggest fear is eels. I just don't like them. I don't even like seeing pictures of them, eek. I am also afraid of snakes.

Elevators!! I have no idea how it started but I’m a grown adult and I still cover my ears so I don’t hear the creaking because I’m worried that they will break and fall. I will straight up pass away if people do that stupid thing where they jump up and down in them.

I have lots of dumb fears, like I hate many hugs like spiders, I'm scared of heights, and I always get nervous when I get a shot or when anything's injected into my arm.

I was always scared/anxious of opening boxes when I was little and still am now because I don’t want to ruin the packaging.

Hearing noises from cooking something in the oven/microwave also scares me haha (e.g.: a loud pop, crackling, the metal racks shifting). Sudden noises translate to ‘something bad is going to happen’ in my brain.

This one I'm not afraid of anymore, it's a super weird and specific thing I was scared of when I was a kid: for some reason I hated playing games like The Sims or any game with a free camera where I can just explore anywhere, and go into the ocean or like somewhere super far. I seriously don't know why??? I guess I was just scared of literally getting lost in the game and not being able to get out of there lol

My biggest fears right now are pretty existential or related to, you know, the situation and I can't really think about any dumb thing that scares me anymore

one of my biggest fears has always been insects, especially spiders no matter the size and things that can fly in my face like daddy long legs, moths and butterflies, they all just petrify me, though they're probably quite normal fears.

other fears I have are probably quite dumb for me as they're mostly either related to things I love or things I should be used to
  • dying on a rollercoaster - I've been to many theme parks growing up, some of my favourite holidays have been in Orlando for Disney World and the Universal parks but I have an awful habit off reading about every accident at theme parks around the world and while very unusual I get scared while queuing for the rides that the coaster will fall apart
  • ocean - this is a massive fear of mine even though I love cruising, its just the idea that so much of the ocean is undiscovered and no one really knows what lives in the depths, sometimes my mind wanders to it out of nowhere and I'm afraid all over again, thinking about what kind of creatures could reside down in the dark loneliness
  • needles (and most things hospital related in general) - this is a really dumb fear for someone who has spent a lot of time in the last couple of years in and out of hospital and having weekly blood tests for a long time but I have a massive fear of needles, I'm scared of pain and while I know they generally don't hurt my heart is always racing when I'm waiting to have a blood test or injection, think its the waiting that gets to me the most.
Plus despite living in southern England I'm scared of extreme weather like tornadoes and earthquakes, despite the fact they're likely never going to be something I ever witness, so yeah a lot of pretty dumb fears here 😅

I would regularly get dreams of my teeth being slowly pulled out with pliers. At first, I would just feel extremely uncomfortable about it but now I'm pretty sure it's a big fear and I hate going to the dentists :[ I know it's pretty irrational but idk.. it's scary.

I’m scared of literally any insect. They disgust me. It doesn’t matter what kind... I hate them all.

Back