• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Dumb fears you have

i hate stairs with no backing. free floating stairs are my enemy

oh man spiral stairs are so scary for me idk why huhu maybe because the steps are so small? and i might slip huhuhu

i have friends who said they used to be scared of escalators but for me, i'm more scared of dropping something through the crack between the elevator and the floor (but like, i don't think that the elevator itself will hurt me, i just don't like the idea of losing something forever you know?)

also when i read the title the first thing that popped into my head was my fear of like,, typing in my password wrong while creating a new account somewhere and typing it wrong again when they ask you to retype it to make sure they match haha

oh man spiral stairs are so scary for me idk why huhu maybe because the steps are so small? and i might slip huhuhu

Oh my goodness I hate spiral stairs!! I mean I love how they look, I think they’re gorgeous, but anytime I’ve climbed up them (and going down is even worse!!) my legs just turn to jelly 😭😭 so nervous about slipping and falling because the steps are angled funny!

I’m not a huge fan of backless steps in general tho always worried I’ll like ... slip through them somehow 😅😂

I’m irrationally horrified of accidentally poking my eyes out with a safety pin. I have no idea how this would ever occur, but I fear it anyways.

Reactions: Neb
this is probably cos of a recurring dream i have but i'm afraid for all (or any) of my teeth to fall out

Reactions: Neb
I have a silly fear of my parents hearing what anime I’m watching or what podcasts I’m listening to. They wouldn’t care either way, but I still worry about it happening.

I'm super scared of loud/unexpected sounds, like notification sounds, balloons popping, fireworks. Everything on my phone and computer has to be set to silent because of this :'((

hhng,, there’s honestly a lot of things that i’m afraid of but even though it’s a bit pathetic, one of my fears is of escalators 💀. i’m not exactly sure what my problem is or even where the fear stems from (maybe i’m scared of things that move while i’m standing on it or a shoelace or the hem of my pants getting stuck lmao) as i honestly loved riding escalators but now, i can’t bring myself to get on one of those things lmao. >_<

i'm scared of my microwave, i'm worried it will explode or something so i stand outside the kitchen when it's on 😅

I got a dumb fear now! I have a fear of eating anything now because l don't want to keep getting upset stomach. Even if l was hungry.

I came in here wondering if it would be weird to talk about my fear of wooden stairs, but I see a few other people also share a fear of certain stairs!

I always have to check the back seat of my car before I start driving because I'm afraid someone might be back there waiting to stab me or something. Also windows at night, technology glitching and something weird popping up on the screen, and being framed for murder.
Wow I have like all the same specific fears as you. Weird >.>

Im terrified of being wrongly accused of things and being misunderstood. Sometimes my brain will trick me into thinking I’ve done something I didn’t

- escalators. ever since i was a kid ive been scared of them. im scared you have no control over where youre going and i also have a fear of falling on them
- fear of submerged objects. i like abandoned places and so when looking through photos this comes up from time to time and i hate it. i dont like things that are just right under the water too
- sharks. cool to look at but i wouldnt want to be near one. but i dont live anywhere near an ocean so
- spiders. funny enough im not scared of bigger spiders like tarantulas, but smaller spiders freak me out. yes i know theyre mostly harmless
Post automatically merged:

- oh and like someone else mentioned i always have to check my shower and other rooms after i get home for intruders. i love true crime and so its affected me quite a bit

Fans. Ceiling fans, the caged fans...

You never know when they're going to,

- fall from the ceiling
- break from the cage and kill you.

LOL. I'm always so paranoid about the silliest things, but fans on high settings scare me.

Apart from arachnids, it’s fireworks or anything that makes a sudden loud bang.

other people throwing up! I don't know why it's such a big thing for me but if someone says they feel ill I'll try to avoid them as much as I can just in case they're sick, even if they've just said they have a headache or somethng. and if I see someone being sick I start shaking and breathing heavy. I'm fine with myself throwing up though so I don't really know what's caused it

Back