• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

DSi games I should get?

Mr_Persona

🤍🌌✨🌌🤍
Bells
Oblivia's Ugly Christmas Egg
Holiday Candy Cane 2022
Rosewater Potion
Blue Rosewater Potion
Enchanted Butterfly Glow Wand
Aurora Sky
Red Super Star Trophy
Eerie Star Potion
Holiday Candy Cane 2018
Purple Bat Potion
Lock this please! Ty
I need some people who are experts on which DSi games i should get. It's hard to find a proper recommended list of DSi games from a website that listed fun and good games because all the websites I look at don't ever show a lot of detail about the game. So yeah I need help of what DSi games you would recommend me? I would play any type of game, and the only DSi games I already own are Pokemon Black n White, MKds, AC Wild World, Super Mario Bros, Nintendo Dogs, and some other ones. I already played all the LOZ games for DSi, so no need for list of zelda ones and pokemon ones. Any game you can recommend me besides pokemon and zelda for DSi. I don't remember if there was a Fire Emblem game for DSi, but if there is and it's priced very high, then I wouldn't want it to be recommended to me. Some old games are priced very high, that's why.

Last edited:
In addition to the games you already have, here are some that I like to check out from time to time:
  • Animal Crossing: Wild World
    • The foundation of modern Animal Crossing games. If you can look past the choppy frame rates and missing quality-of-life improvements, AC:WW is a laser-focused AC experience with a great atmosphere and an excellent soundtrack. Most of the familiar gameplay elements from newer entries are here, in addition to refreshingly snappy villager dialogue and exclusive features absent from newer entries, such as sliding-scale responses, quizzes, constellations, unique made-up holidays (e.g. La-Di-Day), donating to a destitute faraway town for rewards, and more. I've recently been replaying this and it really is great, especially if you find the newer games to be overwhelming.
  • Metroid Prime Hunters
    • The definitive first-person shooter on DS. It has some of the best graphics available on the system, an immersive campaign and one of the best local/online multiplayer experiences available (still playable even now with bots!).
  • Super Mario 64 DS
    • A remix of Super Mario 64 with new levels, characters, minigames, bosses and more. Possibly the best 3D platformer on the system, it's still worth it for the new content even if you're intimately familiar with the original game.
  • Tetris DS
    • A very Nintendo-ey Tetris experience with fun extra game modes. This is easily my favourite Tetris game to date, with a great retro presentation and lots to do if you get tired of traditional Tetris gameplay.
Here are some other games that I played a lot of back in the day and may still be worth taking a look at:
  • Diddy Kong Racing DS
  • Electroplankton
  • Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam
  • Worms: Open Warfare
  • Yoshi's Island DS

In addition to the games you already have, here are some that I like to check out from time to time:
  • Animal Crossing: Wild World
    • The foundation of modern Animal Crossing games. If you can look past the choppy frame rates and missing quality-of-life improvements, AC:WW is a laser-focused AC experience with a great atmosphere and an excellent soundtrack. Most of the familiar gameplay elements from newer entries are here, in addition to refreshingly snappy villager dialogue and exclusive features absent from newer entries, such as sliding-scale responses, quizzes, constellations, unique made-up holidays (e.g. La-Di-Day), donating to a destitute faraway town for rewards, and more. I've recently been replaying this and it really is great, especially if you find the newer games to be overwhelming.
  • Metroid Prime Hunters
    • The definitive first-person shooter on DS. It has some of the best graphics available on the system, an immersive campaign and one of the best local/online multiplayer experiences available (still playable even now with bots!).
  • Super Mario 64 DS
    • A remix of Super Mario 64 with new levels, characters, minigames, bosses and more. Possibly the best 3D platformer on the system, it's still worth it for the new content even if you're intimately familiar with the original game.
  • Tetris DS
    • A very Nintendo-ey Tetris experience with fun extra game modes. This is easily my favourite Tetris game to date, with a great retro presentation and lots to do if you get tired of traditional Tetris gameplay.
Here are some other games that I played a lot of back in the day and may still be worth taking a look at:
  • Diddy Kong Racing DS
  • Electroplankton
  • Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam
  • Worms: Open Warfare
  • Yoshi's Island DS
Is the yoshi island like the one on the 3ds?

And l didn't know about a DK racing game! Getting that on the list for sure and the Metroid one! I looked up Electroplankton and it looks fun, so ty for the help. Will be looking at the others one!

Yoshi’s island for the ds is one of my favourites (that being said I haven’t played previous installations) but it has charming graphics and great game play. Much prefer it to versions that have come out since!

mario part ds: arguably the last good Mario party and brilliant in single player which can’t be said for many of them. Seriously it’s so good.

Super Mario 64: one of the most iconic 3D games made available portably with extra content- great stuff

worms open warfare: I’m a big fan of this series and would recommend it to anyone!

It’s also worth mentioning that since the DS had a crazy ton of third party support there are many movies and franchises turned into games- some of these are actually REALLY good. Do a bit of research on third party games or non mainstream ones in general and some great choices should come up.

I'd recommend getting Mario Kart DS and Mario Party DS. Mario Kart on this console has a greaf selection of tracks, versus mode, as well as mission mode which is pretty much exclusive to this game. Mario Party is a really good entry in the series and it definitely deserves more attention in my opinion.

I'd recommend getting Mario Kart DS and Mario Party DS. Mario Kart on this console has a greaf selection of tracks, versus mode, as well as mission mode which is pretty much exclusive to this game. Mario Party is a really good entry in the series and it definitely deserves more attention in my opinion.
Oh l already own MK. But l will try Mario Party one! I feel like the older mario party games are, the better they were.

If you like Stardew Valley or maybe have even played Story of Seasons on another console, I highly recommend Harvest Moon. It's a series, so there are a few games on the DS, but HMDS (Cute) and Grand Bazaar are my personal favorites. Also, check out Fogu if you start playing it and need a bit of help - the admin, Cher, makes some of the best guides out there. Just watch out for newer Harvest Moon games, since there were problems with the name for the localizations, so the new games are under the name Story of Seasons.

Super Princess Peach is a very underrated platformer for the DS! For once Mario and Luigi get captured by Bowser, leaving Princess Peach to fend for herself. The game is a little easy, but it makes good use of the DS’s touch screen.

Super Princess Peach is a very underrated platformer for the DS! For once Mario and Luigi get captured by Bowser, leaving Princess Peach to fend for herself. The game is a little easy, but it makes good use of the DS’s touch screen.
OMG l played half of that game once but never owned it! Ty for the reminder! Definitely getting that one

You mean DS games?

Play Dragon Quest IX, it's the most addictive JRPG ever with so much replay value. I also The Legendary Starfy and Kirby Superstar Ultra (the best kirby) for platformers. Elite Beat Agents and Rhythm Heaven are amazing rhythm games but if you have to choose I'd say get rhythm heaven.

If you want an underrated action adventure game like Zelda, get Dragon Quest Rocket Slime, it's an amazing spin off the main series with Zelda-like dungeons and action.

Have you tried the Mario & Luigi RPGs for the DS(i) yet? (Partners in Time and Bowser's Inside Story.)
I have played Partners in Time quite often (and finally to the fullest last March), and I love its plot/story so much to the point where its antagonists (Shroobs) have become my utmost favourite aliens.
As for Bowser's Inside Story (from which the 'cat'/Blitty in my profile picture also originates ;)), I once tried to play it on my Wii U via Homebrew shortly after having finished Partners in Time, but that wasn't too much of a success when it suddenly froze at Bowser's first and tutorial battle, so I bought a secondhand physical copy a few months ago that I have yet to fully play, but I've also seen some walkthrough videos of this game on YT and they were good, so I'm definitely going to play it for real and to the fullest once Christmas break starts in a few weeks.

If you're also into WarioWare stuff, then I also recommend WarioWare Touched and WarioWare D.I.Y. (preferably a physical copy of the latter).
Touched is mostly like its predecessors, but of course, you play microgames with the stylus and occasionally with the microphone, and there are a few stylus and microphone compatible souvenirs as well that you occasionally get. (And if you're in the US and already own a physical copy of WarioWare Twisted as well as a regular DS, you can also unlock one pretty neat souvenir...!)
D.I.Y. seems more simplistic, but in this installment, aside of playing a small selection of microgames that you unlock daily (about 12 or 14 a day (sorry if I don't know the exact number lol), and there are five selections in total), you can actually make your own minigames, compose your own tunes, and draw your own four-page comics. I especially love the tune composer, on which I already made a few remakes of already existent video game songs. ^-^

Have you tried the Mario & Luigi RPGs for the DS(i) yet? (Partners in Time and Bowser's Inside Story.)
I have played Partners in Time quite often (and finally to the fullest last March), and I love its plot/story so much to the point where its antagonists (Shroobs) have become my utmost favourite aliens.
As for Bowser's Inside Story (from which the 'cat'/Blitty in my profile picture also originates ;)), I once tried to play it on my Wii U via Homebrew shortly after having finished Partners in Time, but that wasn't too much of a success when it suddenly froze at Bowser's first and tutorial battle, so I bought a secondhand physical copy a few months ago that I have yet to fully play, but I've also seen some walkthrough videos of this game on YT and they were good, so I'm definitely going to play it for real and to the fullest once Christmas break starts in a few weeks.

If you're also into WarioWare stuff, then I also recommend WarioWare Touched and WarioWare D.I.Y. (preferably a physical copy of the latter).
Touched is mostly like its predecessors, but of course, you play microgames with the stylus and occasionally with the microphone, and there are a few stylus and microphone compatible souvenirs as well that you occasionally get. (And if you're in the US and already own a physical copy of WarioWare Twisted as well as a regular DS, you can also unlock one pretty neat souvenir...!)
D.I.Y. seems more simplistic, but in this installment, aside of playing a small selection of microgames that you unlock daily (about 12 or 14 a day (sorry if I don't know the exact number lol), and there are five selections in total), you can actually make your own minigames, compose your own tunes, and draw your own four-page comics. I especially love the tune composer, on which I already made a few remakes of already existent video game songs. ^-^
thank you for the help, this is good information! I did owned one wario ware game on my old dsi, it was from dsi shop and l think it was a different one but l remember it being fun. So l will also add those games to my list.

Back