• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

dream suite in NH?

newleafy

Bells
hi all! ACNH has been an amazing game so far and i know nintendo is still going to add updates to the game, but is anyone else hoping they will add something similar to the dream suite to new horizons? the dream suite in NL was by far my favorite part of the game; being able to go to other people's towns and immerse yourself into someone else's own story was so much fun, and i will be really bummed if they don't add something similar to NH. in NL it was so rewarding to perfect your towns, upload it to the dream suite and let other people experience your own town.

now i know some may disagree with me, that NH should stay completely different than other animal crossing games, but i feel like the dream suite would be an amazing addition to the game. do you guys want something like the dream suite to be added to New Horizons? do you think it will be added?

(plus there's a Luna poster in the game, so maybeee (?) we could see the dream suite later on :^)
Screen Shot 2020-04-10 at 15.26.27.png

I 100% agree with you! I have no idea if it'll be added in at a later date but in my opinion Nintendo's missing a huge opportunity if they don't. I can't imagine with all the creative opportunities we have in this game that they wouldn't want us to be able to show our islands off but who knows. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed!

I do have a feeling it will be added down the line.
It was a hugely popular feature of NL so I don't see why they'd want to miss out on it... plus I need my NH Aika village to explore. lol

If there's a Luna poster she comes in somehow! I'd be surprised if her appearance was unrelated to something similar to the Dream Suite.

I do have a feeling it will be added down the line.
It was a hugely popular feature of NL so I don't see why they'd want to miss out on it... plus I need my NH Aika village to explore. lol

yes!! there are so many new items & features in this game compared to NL i can't wait to see what people will be able to do with their towns!

Honestly I don't think there's room for new facilities. Nintendo made a 42 acre island. Up to 8 humans and 10 villagers can live on the island. While it seems unrealistic that 8 human characters will have houses on the island, Nintendo built the game with that in mind. And even though one could argue 42 acres is pretty big, it really is a small island.

Let's say Nintendo added four new facilities: Nook's Homes (with more house customization), a store for Kicks, The Roost and let's just say Dream Suite because of the topic. I might have to take down some furniture and even deforest parts of my island just to add more facilities to the map to begin with.

While I would like to see new facilities as one of the many additional content features that could come, I don't know if the island can support it and still allow for open decorating and customization. But hey, I could be wrong. I remember someone mentioning that when the Earth Day patch drops "additional features" will be added to the game...but said features weren't named. So let's cross our fingers and hope my thoughts on new facilities coming are wrong. And no, I don't count leaks and rumors as evidence...when they're confirmed they become legit in my opinion (I'm talking about the rumor of The Roost coming in a future update).

Honestly I don't think there's room for new facilities. Nintendo made a 42 acre island. Up to 8 humans and 10 villagers can live on the island. While it seems unrealistic that 8 human characters will have houses on the island, Nintendo built the game with that in mind. And even though one could argue 42 acres is pretty big, it really is a small island.

i really like your take on this! i was thinking that there would be a new "island" that would be unlocked/revealed later in the game where all the extra shops could be. like at the airport you could have the option to go to the "downtown district" or something like that: similar to city folk's bus stop.

Let's say Nintendo added four new facilities: Nook's Homes (with more house customization), a store for Kicks, The Roost and let's just say Dream Suite because of the topic. I might have to take down some furniture and even deforest parts of my island just to add more facilities to the map to begin with.

i don't really see nook homes becoming it's own store, isabelle barely has a role in this game so the town hall would be pointless to go in besides the nook shopping machine. however, kicks and roost would definitely be possible to have stores.

maybe the extra island would have gracie grace, kicks, roost (if not in the museum), redd's shop, and maybe the dream suite.

So let's cross our fingers and hope my thoughts on new facilities coming are wrong. And no, I don't count leaks and rumors as evidence...when they're confirmed they become legit in my opinion (I'm talking about the rumor of The Roost coming in a future update).

yes! let's hope for new facilities! i am worried that if they don't add enough, most people will lose interest in the game after completing the 'tutorial' phase of the game haha

i really like your take on this! i was thinking that there would be a new "island" that would be unlocked/revealed later in the game where all the extra shops could be. like at the airport you could have the option to go to the "downtown district" or something like that: similar to city folk's bus stop.

i don't really see nook homes becoming it's own store, isabelle barely has a role in this game so the town hall would be pointless to go in besides the nook shopping machine. however, kicks and roost would definitely be possible to have stores.

maybe the extra island would have gracie grace, kicks, roost (if not in the museum), redd's shop, and maybe the dream suite.

yes! let's hope for new facilities! i am worried that if they don't add enough, most people will lose interest in the game after completing the 'tutorial' phase of the game haha

Well I can say that I watched a video where someone had a fashion check from Labelle, so if Gracie appears she'd probably just run her fashion shop, but I incorporate Labelle in that case. If you pass enough fashion checks she calls Gracie and Gracie invites you visit her store on this extra island. That'd be pretty cool.

Yeah I don't see Nook's Homes coming back either but we can hold out for hopefully more house customizations. I'm 200,000 away from paying off my second floor so I'm close to unlocking all the current in-game ones. Also here's a thought: Since the tutorial phase is longer then most is that good or bad?

Honestly I really hope it becomes a thing again. Dream suite added hours of me going to different towns it would be idiotic to not make it a thing again even more so that we are paying for online services

is nook homes really needed? we can do that in town hall even if they added new exterior features. but a small building for kicks, the roost & dream suite should be doable, if we're all not forced to build them.

Not sure about Nook Homes and tbh I never really went in there often in NL unless it’s to talk to Tom Nook.

But the Dream Suite should definitely come back as it was a really popular feature. It would be a wasted opportunity if it doesn’t.

The posters in game are gotten from Harvey’s island when you scan in an Amiibo. It says they’re not currently available do you can’t use them on photopia but you can then order their posters from Nook special shop. I’ve tried this with Pascal and Digby so far and you can get both their posters. So it’s unfortunately not a way to see whether they’ll be added to the game later.

Back