• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Does anyone else just regret looking at the Happy Home Network?

Becca617

small-fry existentialist
Bells
Switch
4748-2830-2698
New Leaf Token
Winter Mittens
Cake
So many houses on there are so much better than mine and I envy their creativity. xD Is anyone else like this or is it just me? I think I'm too hard on myself..

That is why I don't look. XD I'm new to HHD so my creativity probably is SO bad compared. No point in looking at the pros to make myself feel sad.

So many houses on there are so much better than mine and I envy their creativity. xD Is anyone else like this or is it just me? I think I'm too hard on myself..

I get the exact same way ;c

I try not to look but it's so tempting >___< The houses on there are amazing ;w;

I haven't played "Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer" much in the last couple months. I've appreciated the Amiibo Cards more than the game. But I returned over the last couple days. And I did a couple updates. But, I did not upload them for the Happy Home Network viewing that anyone could see. I suppose my flaw is that I am in the habit of decorating homes to look they can be lived in…rather than some radical fun.

Mine are usually stuffed with items I don't have cataloged so I always look when I have streetpass on.

I dont look at the network mostly because I'm too consumed playing the game and decorating/looking at my own houses. I do get jealous at how the houses on there look though. I've never been super creative with designing and I tend to do the same looks over and over. So i just avoid going on there so I dont get myself too down about it

Last edited:
Ahhh yes! I feel this way. I don't know why I still check! I always get to envious of everyone's skills! Like... if you're comparing my designs to other people's designs... I'm the first game in a series while they're the latest game. They always have something better added & they always have more... :( lol.

It's OK. I often look at other designs that are WAY better than mine to get some inspiration! It still isn't usually any better BUT it helps. c:

I agree, I look at them, and I get frustrated, like how do these people do that? I stink at it, xD

hahaha I like to think that's an inspirational place for me to go and get information.
I don't like how people's work are much visited and their notes are amazing and I have like 50 visits and 0 notes, though. that's not amusing.

Last edited:
Although the creations are very nice I don't really envy them, rather I take inspiration from them.

I do feel like that now and then. However, if we look at another perspective, it shows how we have a lot of improvements in our creativity and it can help us inspire to make a much more creative house than we have done before. So in a way, don't let what you find dis-motivate you. Learn from what you can find and have fun with it.

Of course, there will still be time when you see someone's designed interior and you will feel down as he/she has more creativity or experience when designing. But that does not mean you won't learn from their designs, or that you'll stop. You'll just keep trying to improve. :)

I use to feel like that, but instead of seeing it as a reminder of my lack of skill, I started seeing it as a way to grow. If you suck at something, that means you can only get better from there! I've learned so much from looking at how people use different items, how they combine styles, and how they clutter without making it look cluttered! I love it! There is always someone out there who is going to be better than you at something, but that just means you have someone learn from! It's what you do with it that counts ;)

Last edited:
My house is used for storage and I have the mansion. I'm sure yours looks much better than mine :) I'm more worried about completing everything right now, I'll decorate my town last

I barely look at it. I like to design my own ideas and stuff and sometimes it is like. "Omg, the house is amazing, can't wait to share." and then checking others "Mine looks terrible compared to this!"

Look how many are Japanese though, and if you've been to Japanese towns, you realize pretty quick how good a LOT of these players are, and how creative they are. I hate how some of mine look just as good as theirs, but mine get like 1 or 2 votes, theirs will have like 2,000+!! I take it they're posting on social media to spread it, I seriously doubt they're just random.

Back