Does anyone else have that villager that just..won't..MOVE????

can somebody please remove anchovy from my homestead how does he not realize by now that he is not welcome

Sprocket...... I’m not a huge fan of the ostriches (cartoon bird feet, ugh) or the jock personality. I’ve been trying to get him to move since day one but he won’t take the hint!

Jambette.... REFUSES TO LEAVE
She haunts my island!!!! Every other villager has asked to leave multiple times. BUT NOT HER

Deidre, my starter. Please leave.

I keep making a point not to talk to her in order to see if that helps move her out, then I get the Nook Miles+ to talk to three villagers, so I run around and talk to the first three I can find, and as soon as I press A on Deidre I sit there and think '... dangit not again'

Jambette.... REFUSES TO LEAVE
She haunts my island!!!! Every other villager has asked to leave multiple times. BUT NOT HER
I don't understand the mechanics of it honestly. I get it's all random, but you'd think with a choice of 10 villagers, there's be a reasonably high chance that each villager will ask to leave at least ONCE

cobb...i was ok w just ignoring him, then he starts sending me letters and i was like "ok dude we're not that close" and then he starts calling me his rival and how much i "challenge" him,,,,,,i know all jocks do that but i was just like....bud this is not rivals to lovers ur making me uncomfortable i would like u to leave pls!!!

forgot to mention he was one of my starters, he has not asked to leave once i am going to call the police

quilson. the game forced me to move him in from the campsite. then he wouldn't leave. for weeks.
he was literally the reason I broke my self-imposed 'no time travelling' rule.
AND THEN IT TOOK UNTIL MARCH 2021

Ugh, I remember having Beardo as my first forced campsite villager. He was in my NL Town too and I was not fond of him at all. He was one of the reasons I started Time Travelling in NH just so I could kick him out. 😂 I think he wasn't moving out because I didn't talk to him ever since he moved in? I didn't talk to him for like a week or so but when I did he said something like "Oh, thanks for allowing me to be on [Island Name]" or some type of unique dialogue like that? After that, it was easier to get him kicked off the Island.

quilson. the game forced me to move him in from the campsite. then he wouldn't leave. for weeks.
he was literally the reason I broke my self-imposed 'no time travelling' rule.
AND THEN IT TOOK UNTIL MARCH 2021
Ugh, I remember having Beardo as my first forced campsite villager. He was in my NL Town too and I was not fond of him at all. He was one of the reasons I started Time Travelling in NH just so I could kick him out. 😂 I think he wasn't moving out because I didn't talk to him ever since he moved in? I didn't talk to him for like a week or so but when I did he said something like "Oh, thanks for allowing me to be on [Island Name]" or some type of unique dialogue like that? After that, it was easier to get him kicked off the Island.
The game did me dirty with the forced campsite villager too, I got Eugene. I've actually seen a lot of people have quite a lot of love for him but his stupid face boiled my blood!!!
At first I didn't even realise you had to let them move in but after 3 days of him still chilling in the campsite I got the idea hahaha. I spent 3 weeks trying to TT him out and in the process I think I ended up receiving and moving out maybe 20 different villagers before he got the message? That was early on when the idea of 'not talking to the villager you want to leave' was taken as fact, so maybe that could have hindered me in some way.

Was very happy to see him leave, got Coco from an island in his place, of whom asked to move out almost instantly. I think Eugene must have left a stain she wasn't too fond on.

my starters (diva + sheldon) still haven't moved out.. sheldon is so mean to my other villagers though, i really want him gone T__T it seems that every time my villagers talk to him, they always come away from the interaction in bad moods. yet somehow, he won't leave..
read the room, sheldon.
read the room.

They all refuse to move, it's a really annoying that it takes so long when it's just one pinged conversation that shouldn't bother anyone even on a daily basis. I'm annoyed by my double personalities. I'm annoyed by being forced to have 3 villagers forced upon me and 7 more that I had to randomly select from choices I didn't like either. God, I just want more movement and more time to have empty plots. Grinding NookMiles is not the most entertaining thing to do.

I find this very funny because Phoebe was also one my starting villagers and she just won’t move! I’m getting very annoyed with her too, I’ve tried everything to get rid of her talking to her too much, ignoring her completely and being mean, I even report her to Isabelle. She just won’t leave!!!

I find this very funny because Phoebe was also one my starting villagers and she just won’t move! I’m getting very annoyed with her too, I’ve tried everything to get rid of her talking to her too much, ignoring her completely and being mean, I even report her to Isabelle. She just won’t leave!!!
I've been considering renouncing my vegetarianism at this point honestly...

I have been trying to get Clyde to leave since literally the day he moved in. I haven't spoken to him once, but he just will. not. leave.

Rosie - and I love her to pieces, but I've decided I only want to have one villager of each species (and I have Raymond), so I need her to leave. :(

I have been trying to get Clyde to leave since literally the day he moved in. I haven't spoken to him once, but he just will. not. leave.
As far as I'm aware, whether you talk to them or not, it doesn't actually have any effect. If anything, I've found that villagers I talk to quite often ask to move quite frequently whenever I'm trying to do a force out.

Back