• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Does anyone else get super excited when they see recognizable villagers in HHP?

Sidney

It’s Spooky Time!
Bells
Switch
3319-9366-9982
Shadow Kitty Plush
Fancy Kitty Plush
Dreamy Bear Plush
Dino Plush
Red Super Star Trophy
Tricolored Puppy Plush
Blue Star Fragment
Mom's Plush
Pink Hybrid Rose
Spring Shamrock
I just built a house for Diana and i’m still so excited to have found her! I know it’s not that difficult to find popular villagers in HHP but it still makes me so happy every time i see one- I just have to do them next. How about you?

Yes! I was elated when I saw Beau today, I immediately made a home for him and now he's roommates with Shino! I was regretting not making a home for him before I moved him out of my main island, but I'm happy I can now see him in HHP!

Yes! I was elated when I saw Beau today, I immediately made a home for him and now he's roommates with Shino! I was regretting not making a home for him before I moved him out of my main island, but I'm happy I can now see him in HHP!
Awww yeah i totally get that!!!! I just made a home for Erik earlier and now it feels like I can still have him despite the fact that i had to let him leave my island <3
Post automatically merged:

I just found Bunnie too...I think my favorite part of this may be interacting with all of the cute/popular villagers i simply don’t have space for, haha!

Last edited:
Honestly, some of the less popular Villagers seem to have the more fun requests.
That’s true, they do tend to have more “out there” requests- but i still can’t help but being excited to see a villager i recognize. Not even necessarily the “popular” ones- more just ones I do know already or used to have

The only good thing that came out of playing Pocket Camp this summer was learning every villager in that game, so it’s been amazing to completely step away from the money and time suck of the mobile game with HHP because here you can do that but with every villager (and they even added in some fortune cookie items from Pocket Camp to sweeten it!). So yeah, it’s been great to see ones I know pop up, but also ones I’ve never interacted with too

There aren’t any villagers I don’t recognize, at this point, but I get excited when I see my less common favorites show up.

I am always happy to see favorites, some of which are popular, some of which are not. But I do get tired (or at least less excited about) of seeing the same few villagers in all the pictures online, so often my unpopular favorites feel more novel and exciting.

but don’t get me wrong, if a more popular favorite like apple or kabuki or judy showed up, I definitely would be pretty happy to see them, and excited to make a home for them. It just might be a bit more fun to find Maggie or stinky or Graham.

so after writing all that I guess I am kind of saying I prefer the less recognizable villagers?

i did a lot of villager cycling back in new leaf, so my days of not knowing who a villager is are long gone aha. however, i get pretty excited whenever a villager who used to live on my island shows up on the hhp beach — i’ve gotten to decorate for 2 of my former neighbours so far, and it was a lot of fun!

i’ve also noticed that i tend to opt for decorating for unpopular/unrecognizable villagers (such as chester, stu, queenie, etc) more than i do popular ones, and i’m finding that not only do i enjoy it more, it’s also softening me up to villagers that i didn’t really like or interact with prior to 2.0! :’)

I am kind of new (started my very first island like 6 weeks ago), so yeah, always get excited.
Played Pocket Camp before, so i already recognize almost all of them, but its still fun to meet some1 new. Best part is that i can meet my dreamies, even tho i found only 2 of them on nmt islands.

I saw Lily last night and had to grab her. Didn't really have time to finish her house, but she is so cute I couldn't resist. I'll finish it later.
Sometimes I want to stop working or go back to my island but I see another good villager and it never ends. 😅

It does make me happy every time I see a villager I really like. I really love HHP because I get to interact with so many villagers I don’t have room for on my islands.

Well no, because I know I seen them before and when I go up and talk to them they don't know who I am. Again like I said all these villagers are just clones of each other, where one does remember you, but the other one doesn't. Its confusing whenever you invite them from your island.

I saw Lily last night and had to grab her. Didn't really have time to finish her house, but she is so cute I couldn't resist. I'll finish it later.
Sometimes I want to stop working or go back to my island but I see another good villager and it never ends. 😅
Oh yes totally!! I feel like i’m spending all my time playing because the cute villagers are neverending

Kind of like some of the others have said, I've played AC so much for so long that there isn't a villager I come across that I don't recognise. That said I do make a beeline for villagers I really like. It's difficult having only 10 island slots when really we could do with 15 at least. So I do enjoy getting to interact with villagers who aren't living on my island but would be if I had space

Yes, I always get excited when I see someone I love. The other day my boy Wolfgang was sitting on the beach waiting to have his vacation home built, and I was so excited. I know all the villagers now, but I do still love seeing my favourites :3

Yes, I always get excited when I see someone I love. The other day my boy Wolfgang was sitting on the beach waiting to have his vacation home built, and I was so excited. I know all the villagers now, but I do still love seeing my favourites :3
Now I am challenging myself on a new user to find villagers that I remember having on my island and invite them to resort. Lets just say its going not well. I seem to be getting ugly villagers at the Resort.

It’s bittersweet when a villager I cycled out this game doesn’t recognize me, but I’ve also been playing so long I’m used to it - occasionally I get a villager I haven’t seen since Wild World or GCN, and it’s always nice to go ‘oh hey, Puddles! I remember you’ even knowing they can’t possibly know my very first player character back in 2003 shared a village with them. I can’t fit all the villagers I’m attached to from past games in a town, even if I want to, so it’s nice to have the chance to build them a house and see them again.

i get excited every time i see one i recognize! they're so fun to design for, honestly, even the ones i'm not immediately familiar with. have to say i have yet to come across a vacation theme that just didn't jive with me.

Back