Does anybody else feel that Derwin is underrated/underappreciated compared to other ducks and lazy villagers?

The friendcode exchanger

Bells
August Birthstone (Peridot)
Cake
Pear (Fruit)
Mailbox
So I have been inactive for quite a long time when it comes to playing animal crossing in general not just acnh and I also realised that one of the villagers that does not get nearly as much attention compared to more popular duck villagers like Scoot or lazy villagers like Bob would be Derwin and I can't see why more people don't talk about him compared to the other villagers.

One of the reasons I like him is that he basically looks like a stereotypical nerd with square glasses but as a duck and his lazy personality fits that so well because I could actually see somebody being like this in real life and it does make him even cuter and this is also the reason why I like him so much because I can relate to him on a personal level especially because he is one of the only lazy villagers that wear glasses besides Barold or Doc and of course the love for food like with the other lazy villagers that and I am an introverted nerd irl focusing on a variety of interests like malware analysis or other topics related to computers or collecting vintage clocks.

Also his house in animal crossing new horizons is a childrens playground which is absolutely adorable and fits him perfectly.

And when I had him in my wild world town he became one of my favourite villagers especially after Camofrog used to bully him all the time and I hated seeing Camofrog making him cry.

Can anybody else relate to this?

Last edited:
I don’t think underrated is the correct word, but maybe under appreciated? It’s just a matter of preference with design. The villagers with the same personality type don’t vary at all, except for design.

My favorite villager, Mac, is definitely not appreciated as much as other more liked villagers. It doesn’t help being a jock either, which is an unpopular personality type.

Edit: Typo, lol.

Last edited:
I don’t think underrated is the correct word, but maybe under appreciated? It’s just a matter of preference with design. The villagers with the same personality type don’t very at all, except for design.

My favorite villager, Mac, is definitely not appreciated as much as other more liked villagers. It doesn’t help being a jock either, which is an unpopular personality type.
Yeah under appreciated might be a better word to describe it

derwin isn’t really a favourite of mine, but i agree that he’s underrated/appreciated. i’m guilty of preferring the other lazy ducks over him lol, but his geeky design is pretty cute, and i wouldn’t protest to having him on my island one day. he definitely deserves more love, he’s a cute little guy.

quite a few of my favourites are under appreciated as well, which is sad, but it all boils down to people’s preferences ig haha.

Ex7mv_fVoAEHSlk.jpeg
149969149_113569287404095_7078858982390112052_n.jpg

Yeah,when a villager isn't that popular it has a lot to do with them not getting as much "publicity" as the more popular villagers in their own species and/or personality type.For example,a lot more players have Molly and Ketchup so they're seen much more frequently than Derwin or say,Maelle(she's one of my favorite ducks) so a lot of people just might not know a whole lot about Derwin.I've had a Derwin in my various duck towns/islands since New Leaf and I've always liked having him as a villager."Derwin" is a great name for a nerdy character and I get a chuckle because there's a popular football player named Derwin James who plays for the L.A. Chargers and he is certainly not a nerdy character.

He's one of those villagers who I feel look so much better in this game compared to previous games, especially with the glasses being removable.

I actually like him now, he has a nice shade of blue.

Back