Do ypu guys think The Legend of Zelda Items and Villagers will come back too at some point?

Well considering what they just did with the Sanrio crossover I am concerned they will do the same thing where you need their amiibos to be able to get to move into your island and then gain access to the items after scanning. I'm gonna be honest I don't like how they did the Sanrio crossover.

As a big Zelda fan, I'm hoping that they do! Maybe around the time breath of the wild 2 comes out, that would be a cool "promotional" thing

Well considering what they just did with the Sanrio crossover I am concerned they will do the same thing where you need their amiibos to be able to get to move into your island and then gain access to the items after scanning. I'm gonna be honest I don't like how they did the Sanrio crossover.
I’m concerned about that as well. I wouldn’t be surprised if they bring them back the same way. I wonder if they do bring them back will they make actual cards for them. I would love to have Zelda items back just not sure how they will be brought back.

Question: if they added the Zelda villagers, could I have W Link using this amiibo? Or do I need a card?

Attachments

• 20210322_141957.jpg
    20210322_141957.jpg
    717.8 KB · Views: 8
I do think they will return!! I was skeptical about any of the older scannable crossover villagers returning but now that the sanrio villagers have returned I have hope for the others. More than the villagers themselves, I'm really excited to see what new/old items will be added alongside scannable villagers. I thought the items they brought for the mario and sanrio stuff was really nicely done so I'm excited for any new zelda and splatoon stuff too!

Nintendo seems to like cross-promotion, so I think there's a solid chance the game gets some kind of Zelda content in the future. I'm not sure if that will be the old villagers or just furniture.

Question: if they added the Zelda villagers, could I have W Link using this amiibo? Or do I need a card?
If they work like they did in NL, yes. There were no official cards for the Zelda and Splatoon villagers.

Reactions: Mu~
I'm very hopeful these villagers will return; their codes were data-mined in the game, and with the combo of the Sanrio amiibo reprints and Zelda's 35th Anniversary, along with a 2.0 update coming out at some point, I feel like it's almost (keyword is "almost") certain we'll see W. Link, Epona, Medli and Ganon return. I'm also just very excited because I am only missing an amiibo to get Ganon and then I can get all the Zelda villagers!

I feel like it is more likely now that they have brought back the Sanrio villagers. I'm not counting in it, but it would be really nice to see the Zelda villagers, the Splatoon villagers, and the Monster Hunter villager back again.

Before the Sanrio update, I'd have said nah. But now, it seems pretty much guaranteed. I suspect any new villagers we see going forward will either be Nintendo related, but that could mean some new ones for other titles too

I think they will! It would be a little odd if Nintendo released licensed villagers from another company but none of their own. I hope the Splatoon and Monster Hunter villagers return too!

i realllyyy them back, especially wolf link, that would be the best thing to happen to this game!
i think nintendo will suprise everyone with the zelda stuff, like how they randomly brought sanrio stuff back (i wasn't really expecting that haha)
but yeah, i just want wolf link back tbh
Yes me too! I just want that update already haha. Sanrio update was ok but I just want this one =)
Post automatically merged:

It wouldn't make much sense for the Sanrio amiibo villagers to come back but not for the rest, so I think they will come back at some point.
Yeah It seems pretty much confirmed now that Sanrio and Mario items came out :)

Why didn't you like the Sanrio crossover? =[
I didn't love it but it was ok. I would've liked the Zelda one more but in the future hopefully~

I think they will! It would be a little odd if Nintendo released licensed villagers from another company but none of their own. I hope the Splatoon and Monster Hunter villagers return too!
Ohh yeah I totally forgot about Monster Hunter! I hope they come back too~ I loved the items

M'well, if they do, I'm gonna have to make some room for Ganon, that's for sure...
Yeah I already have space for Epona and Wolf Link until they're announced haha ouo

Last edited:
I'm optimistic after the Sanrio, especially since LoZ falls under Nintendo's umbrella IP and would be much easier to set for crossover material. However, since they're not in Pocket Camp, I'm honestly not for sure if they will ... ? They had Sanrio in PC, so I'm not sure if they're like, a midway step or not since they obviously have different models and stuff, so that might not mean anything at all.

In any case, if they bring them back, I'm hoping for some new ones based on the newer amiibo statues as well, because I would l o v e one based on my bff Revali, but I'll be happy to have Ganon in HD ...

I'm still waiting on them to import everything from Pocket Camp and Gyroids lol

Also wish they would have as many events as they do in PC for NH.

Hii everyone :) I hope you're all well~ Do you guys think they'll come back in a future update like the Sanrio items? Do you want them to return too? Would love to hear your guys' opinions~

I would love for the Zelda items and villagers to come to new horizon, like others have mentioned, I mean, how great would that be? maybe skull kid as a new villager, or shiek, or zelda who is shiek but you know. We knowwwww.

Probably, but I'm guessing they're waiting for a momentous occasion in the Zelda world, similar to the Mario anniversary. Maybe for a Zelda anniversary or game release? But I'm willing to bet we'll get them eventually- maybe not exactly the same items as we had in previous games, but a mix of old and new and some missing like the Mario ones.

Personally, I'm less interested in them then I was in the Mario ones. But I've never been a huge Zelda player (BoTW is great, and I've played some previous games, but I don't generally like RPGs that force me to play as dudes) and I personally think the items just look super out of place in the cartoony world of Animal Crossing, whereas Mario ones fit quite well. I mean, I'd still collect them, but I'm cool with or without them.

I would love for the Zelda items and villagers to come to new horizon, like others have mentioned, I mean, how great would that be? maybe skull kid as a new villager, or shiek, or zelda who is shiek but you know. We knowwwww.
Yeah that would be nice but I dunno if they will since they didn't add new Sanrio ones but you never know~ Also I keep forgetting Medli was one LOL

Probably, but I'm guessing they're waiting for a momentous occasion in the Zelda world, similar to the Mario anniversary. Maybe for a Zelda anniversary or game release? But I'm willing to bet we'll get them eventually- maybe not exactly the same items as we had in previous games, but a mix of old and new and some missing like the Mario ones.

Personally, I'm less interested in them then I was in the Mario ones. But I've never been a huge Zelda player (BoTW is great, and I've played some previous games, but I don't generally like RPGs that force me to play as dudes) and I personally think the items just look super out of place in the cartoony world of Animal Crossing, whereas Mario ones fit quite well. I mean, I'd still collect them, but I'm cool with or without them.
Actually they didn't look out of place at all to me =) Even the Majoras Mask Moon was not out of place even if it looked realistic o~O
There was also Mario ones missing but I'm still hoping the Zelda ones aren't butchered like that quq

Back