• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Do you write letters to your villagers?

Do you write letters to your villagers?

• Total voters

Onyx

Bells
And when you write them do you fill out the whole paper with an actual message? Or just nonsense

Yeah, I do...and i just found it has to be 10 characters for it to count to badges but still I just spam them xD

NL villagers are hollow and lack depth so I never bothered.

This.

I rarely spend time writing any letters to my villagers nowadays. There was time where I sent my
villagers tons of letters, also in hope to get those badges, but I stopped after a while, as it became
boring and most of the time, I got the same responds from my dear villagers. And reading the same
responds over and over again... Yeah, it's like with the dialogue that get's repeated way too often.

Last edited:
At the start of the game I used to write letters every day. Now I only send letters when I have an item I really want a certain villager to have. I usually write something super standard or sometimes silly to them when I do.
Writing letters is something that became tedious real quick. I also barely read the letters they send me anymore.

Very rarely, and I never include any gifts in fear that they'll mess up their homes (I know they do eventually no matter what but I like to keep them pretty original for the most part). My mayor is my oc and I develop the villagers as their own characters as well so there's been times when I make my mayor write something for story purposes which,, may sound stupid to people who don't have ocs but oh well. xD

Also yeah I basically write "ayy lmao lets buy some weed lets fill up this letter so it counts" and send them random crap lol

I do. Always with the gift, especially when I'm scheming - trying to make someone wear a certain shirt etc.
And rarely, when I'm in dire need of venting my emotion in some way. I wouldn't say any direct words out of venting, but it helps when I say something that represents my feelings in there. Reading their somewhat silly replies makes me smile too, so that helps as well.

I try to (when I actively play NL, I'm currently less active), although I really hope some kind of innovation happens on making typing more convenient in the next Animal Crossing game, I absolutely hate how slow it is to type with a stylus.

I try to write a letter to each of my villagers once a week and I almost always attach a present. I've only let it slide once in a while when real life was just too busy. I write full length letters about a variety of topics. I know they might show the letters to me or someone else later down the road, so I always write something that won't make me cringe. Plus, I feel better knowing I sent them a real letter.

My usual topics are: any upcoming or recent events in the game, the gift I've attached and why I think it's perfect for them, the weather (especially around the change in seasons), and sometimes my feelings or just how much I appreciate them.

I also write every villager a welcome letter when they first arrive and a good-bye letter when they leave.

I try to every now and then, especially when I spy a shirt I want them to wear. Sometimes it'll be a legit letter, sometimes not. I should really send more, I need to get that badge.

Quick tip! Fastest way to get the letter sending badges is to fill your pockets with mail sets, fill all the letters with 4-5 lines of capital M, and send them to villagers. It's the letter that takes up the most space. Depending on how many letters you've already sent, you may have to do this a few times (I think at least 5?)

i don't write them often, but when i do i enjoy writing out full-fledged responses. even though i know villagers can't actually read what you write and their responses are pre-set, i still get a weird sense of enjoyment by writing to them as if they were my actual pen pal.

i'm usually too lazy to write but i try to write one when someone new moves in my town
and also if i just feel nice and want to give them something
also if i find an item that makes me think of them or want them to display in their house lol

Hi there!

I personally don't and HAVE NEVER written a letter. Like someone said before in this comment section, they lack depth and repeat the same things over and over. I suppose I could for the letter badge, however the only time I actually would if it's not for the letter badge would be if I want them to wear something or place something in their home, but for the most part I try to keep them original.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I will give this a shot! Thank you!

Back