• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Do you think Nintendo will come out with a newer version of New Leaf soon?

I hope it's for the 3DS, or whatever will come after it. I don't have a Wii U, and I don't want to get one. I think that we won't have a new main-series game soon, as the best they could do last year was two spin-offs, and no info about another main game.

i really hope they do!! i absolutely love the main series animal crossing games and would definitely enjoy a new and hopefully even better one. i also hope it'll be on the 3ds and wii u because it's much easier to play ac any time you want with a 3ds.

no because nintendo is super incredibly amazingly unbearably suge chou very really tottemo too LAZY

Yes and No...
Yes; if they release it on the 3DS!! Then I guess I'll be pretty busy, juggling all my time between the new AC game, ACNL and HHD,
but I'm not complaining!!
No; if they release it on another non-handheld consoles. I prefer to play animal crossing on hand held systems, because I can just pick up and play anytime and anywhere, and sometimes I like to play ACNL while watching a series or movie. And I definitely would not buy a console just because of animal crossing and nothing else, as I am not a big gamer type of person...

We saw ACNL at E3 in 2010. So if we see ACNX this year (which I don't think we will), we won't get it until at least 2018.

I hope the company continues the animal crossing series! It's such a creative and worthy game to play. I'll deffinitely buy if they make a new one, maybe soon that would be nice. I like the handheld versions, the wii was okay but it seemed a bit easier on a smaller version: travel and comfort wise

I think New Leaf is great and I don't think I would buy it if they made it for Wii U so probably not, unless a 3DS+/4DS happens.

Another idea! I hope in the next AC version, we can grow our own vegetables!!

Another idea! I hope in the next AC version, we can grow our own vegetables!!

Why don't we all come together and voice our opinion to Nintendo rather than just comment ideas? We should actually let Nintendo know what we may like to see and if possible they may do it!

I don't think I'd want one for the Wii U. I remember for GC you could only have one town per memory card...but my roommates and I have one Wii U and four of us, I think it'd be too frustrating for us all to fight over the one television with the console. I think it will also take out a lot of the online interactive stuff. I mean, part of the fun of animal crossing is that you can get together with friends and go to the island or sit around with each other and visit the same dream address together. I think if they make a Wii U version they'll lose a lot of important game aspects.

I'd totally be down for another 3DS game, I just doubt they'll do it.

Oh yes, the 4DS. We're going to get bubbles and scents included with the next system.

Geez,I hope not.I don't really want to know what Gaston's house smells like.

MR7O2Wi - Imgur.jpg

I don't think I'd want one for the Wii U. I remember for GC you could only have one town per memory card...but my roommates and I have one Wii U and four of us, I think it'd be too frustrating for us all to fight over the one television with the console. I think it will also take out a lot of the online interactive stuff. I mean, part of the fun of animal crossing is that you can get together with friends and go to the island or sit around with each other and visit the same dream address together. I think if they make a Wii U version they'll lose a lot of important game aspects.

Cut screens.

Haha. Like, in Mario Kart and othe lIke games. Making the game multi-player on one system would be pretty neat. That way, not every person who wants to play in a household needs to buy their own copy to play together. (Though that may not be extremely helpful for their sales, nor do I personally care for that since I am the only one in my household that plays.)

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this discussion. But it's been a while since they released a AC game. Release dates as follows:

2001 - Animal Crossing
2005 - Wild World
2008 - City Folk
2012 - New Leaf

So they seem to be releasing a new game every 4 years! Please Ninetendo! 2016!!!

I assume HHD and other Wii games are spin off games here.

I really dont think they're gonna release another ac game until a new console comes out. Honestly, good, I hope im right! I never undertand ppl that want a new one right away. nintendo cannot just release new versions of all their franchises right away! they are a small company. and i have other games to play lol.

There was HHD but that's not really...a game? I mean it is but it's not like...engaging? You don't really do anything.

I would love an updated version of NL, especially if it has all the features people have been demanding - no dirt, removable rocks, picking plot spots, etc.

I'm predicting it would be out on late 2016 or next year. They I've kept us waiting for a long time

Back