Do you prefer cities or towns?

Where would you prefer living?

• Total voters
so long as i'm close to necessities/hobbies i'm gucci. living in a super busy city sounds terrible though

i've never lived in a capital city where things are busiest, but i HAVE been to minneapolis which i'd consider a big city. maybe not levels like new york or LA but still. i love it.

I would prefer a small city in a warm climate. I don't drive so I love things being in walking distance.

i was born in a reasonably big city and lived there for the first year of my life (though i obviously don’t remember any of it or what it was like LOL), and i’ve always wanted to live in a big city like that again. specifically toronto— though, some of the stuff that has happened there in recent years and how expensive it is has made me reconsider a little. i think living in a big, bustling city like that would be a lot and overwhelming for me with the amount of noise, people etc, but i think living in one for even just a few months or a year is an experience i would like to have (again). i can’t explain it, but for someone who is as anxious and easily overwhelmed as me, i’ve always been drawn to busyness and cities that are full of it.

i currently do live in a city, but a smaller, less bustling one. i’ve lived here for 20 years, and it has honestly never felt like home to me. it just feels so… dull here, and not at all like a place that i want to live in forever. maybe it’s my desire for something new or maybe my mom’s hatred for this city has rubbed off on me over the years, but i just don’t feel like i really belong here. it’s my home, but it’s not my home, y’know?

my mom has talked a few times about moving us to a town in the middle of nowhere, where you have to drive forever just to come across shops, and you’re miles away from your neighbours. living in a place like that would be a dream come true for her, someone who doesn’t like busyness or people, but i don’t think i could ever do it. i don’t want to be separated from other people, or have stores not within walking distance or a reasonable car ride away. i think it would feel too isolating and lonely for me.

as much as i like the idea of living in a big city, i think i just want to live somewhere that is nice, not dull, and that feels like home— whether it’s a big city, a small city, or a town. heck, i’d even live in a village if it felt like home to me.

I was born in a rural part but moved to a city when I was young. After living in cities for most of my life, I've found myself returning to the rural countryside. Snakes travel a lot but they always prefer the middle of nowhere. I am a snek after all.

I live in a small town and we don't have any larg city around. I love the quiet live tbh. I studied in a larger town and I hated it. The air is not good, too many people, it's loud and no nature. For vacation it's fine but not to live. Ofc there is more stuff to do but I still prefer towns and rural areas :)

I voted for small city.. but honestly I was very tempted to vote for deserted island..

Small city will have a little more of what you need and possibly a job near where you live without the horrible congestion if traffic.

As long as there are enough things around then I like a town or maybe a small city if it’s not too busy. I live in a relatively quiet area in a small city which is nice and only a quick train ride to a big city so can visit easily.

I live in a town but I live fairly close to London and I can get a bus or a train and be there quickly which is good, i love the location of where I live because it’s not that loud. But it’s important cause I can’t drive that I’m close to everything I need or have good transport

I picked small city. Functional but not overpopulated.

I went from living in LA to rural, middle of nowhere. It’s night and day. The things that I took for granted in LA were noticeable when I moved away. Things like a functional bus/tram line, the huuuge library system, and niche shops everywhere.

Where I live now, sure, it has the necessities but barely. Your car broke down during the middle of summer? Either walk 2 miles in 110+ weather on unpaved ground to your nearest market; or wait 1-2 hours for the bus. You’ll still have to walk for a bit after that.

Good restaurants and hobby shops don’t exist here. They always close down due to lack of sales or something.

I voted big city and town. I love the idea of living in a big city, but I’ve never actually lived in before so I can’t say for sure o3o. I’ve lived in a (suburban) town my entire life and it’s really nice and comfortable, I like having lots of stuff to do around and a big city nearby!

I've been in middle-sized cities for the majority of my life, however i've always liked the atmosphere of the big cities. I feel like there's always new things to do, new places to explore and there's a lot of people too! But as long as everything I need is a decently short distance from where I live, I'm fine with wherever I live.

I like th convenience of a big city - having all sorts of shops and cuisines at your fingertips. But the traffic can be a big bummer. I've lived in a few smaller cities which strike a nice balance in this regard.

I like a big city. There's more stuff to do, and some of the things I like are niche and you cannot find in a small town.

I would not want to live in the middle of a big city, just too many people, smaller, cramped housing and I normally don’t really like how those areas look.
I like being close (within a 5-20 minute drive) from all the basic necessities, so as long as I have that, I’m pretty happy.

cities , i like the business and convenience. i've never lived in a place smaller than a large town but i used to spend my summers in a tiny village and while i liked staying there short term idk how ppl lived their whole lives there

Back