• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Do you play in 3D or in 2D?

I use 3D on event days and blossom :3
Basically when it would look cooler in 3d DOUBLE RAINBOW

2D, always. I don't feel like 3D does anything special for this game tbh. But actually, I never play in 3D on 3DS lol.

3D almost ALWAYS. I only turn it off when it's blinking red and I need to save battery before I can get to a charger. I payed for a 3DS so I will play in 3D. I think it looks incredible, and I love that ACNL is playable in 3D, to me it makes everything look more enticing. If it's blurry for you, it's probably because you're holding it too close or too far away from your face. I can understand when users say the 3D hurts their eyes, it's not like you can help it. But personally, it doesn't hurt my eyes and I love it. ♥

Last edited:
99.9% of the time I'm playing in 2D. I love the 3D graphics for ACNL, but finding the right distance from my face and then keeping still for however long I'm playing to be a pain. I did find it to irritate my eyes a little and found it helps to take off my glasses. I'm near-sighted and take them off to read anyways, it only made sense.

I play in 2D to conserve battery, because I don't really need the 3D on. It is nice though.

2D, I never play in 3D since it hurts my eyes. Looks like that's the majority opinion haha.

I almost always play in 2D because for some reason 3D makes some things look weird.

i always play in 2d because 3d hurts my eyes... but i think that the falling cherry blossoms look really pretty in 3d n__n

Back