• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you have to buy amiibo cards in order to play this game?

lapras

Bells
I want to buy it, but i don't want to spend a lot of money on amiibo cards. Will the content run out quickly if you don't buy any?

You don't need to buy them to play, though I believe the more villagers you help the more furniture you unlock. So it helps in getting them faster/if you don't want to wait for ones you want to randomly show up, but you don't need them ^-^

You only need them if you want to decorate for any of the NPCs though. Hope that helps!

No; in fact one or two days ago, an interview with the series director was released, saying that amiibo cards are NOT needed to enjoy the game. You will need them for special NPCs, however.

You don't need to buy them to play, though I believe the more villagers you help the more furniture you unlock. So it helps in getting them faster/if you don't want to wait for ones you want to randomly show up, but you don't need them ^-^

You only need them if you want to decorate for any of the NPCs though. Hope that helps!

So the villagers will randomly show up if you don't buy cards?

So the villagers will randomly show up if you don't buy cards?

Yes. The cards are a way to a way to guarantee a certain villager will show up. The only characters who won't show up without cards are special NPCs like Isabelle, KK, etc.

well if i can play the game without the amiibo cards... maybe this game is worth buying... ill just take whoever comes. :)

Depends how you want to play. You want all random villagers plus the ONE it comes with (look at the box, it says it comes with one), or do you want to choose which ones you have in your town with their card? Personally, only because I have about 100 e-reader cards I'm following with the amiibo ones, this time trying for the same 10 that are in my New Leaf NA town. Not sure if I'll do the same with my JP town, they're not exactly my favorites, but have been with me almost a full year in that one now...

Yes. The cards are a way to a way to guarantee a certain villager will show up. The only characters who won't show up without cards are special NPCs like Isabelle, KK, etc.

whoa! If it works like THAT where I don't have to start wasting money on the NFC bundle and cards, then I might just look into that.

- - - Post Merge - - -

whoa! If it works like THAT where I don't have to start wasting money on the NFC bundle and cards, then I might just look into that.

Back