Do you have any bad "friends"?

I do, but I have a strong fear of being alone & I'm just going to put up with being left out sometimes.

I did for years. I spent so much of my time trying to please them and appease them. They acted like I was the worst thing in the world but for some reason they let me hang around. I found out years later that the majority of them were talking behind my back about various things, most of which were made up. I had a feeling at the time so it wasn't a surprise. They hurt me a lot. For me, it was best to just cut them out in the end. They still stalk me on social media and try to contact me sometimes. I let them back into my life a few years back and they were doing the same thing to someone else...and I just cut them out again. It just wasn't worth it.

I have some pretty bad abandonment issues which was why I put up with it for so long. Having to face that was tough, let alone having to tell them that I didn't want them in my life. They chewed me out for a good while and one said that: 'You will always end up alone because you're like this.'

Got married this year. Have two good friends, (that's all I need really). Yeah, I went through some time alone. Years, in fact. But at the end of the day, they were wrong. And I take comfort in that I guess

All of my friends that I made in secondary school were absolutely horrible to say the least! During my first 4 years they were great very supportive and we had each others backs. When it got to the final year I had to go for a major operation first they accused me of lying and during and after the operation they never came to visit or even left me a message seeing how I am. I was off of school for 4 months and that whole time they didn?t bother to contact me to see how I was. When I went back to school they just acted like nothing happened not even a how are you or how did it go I was devastated by them :(

Yeah, my friends were terrible in my childhood. High school, middle school, and before that were all terrible. I wanted to fit in, but to be honest, I would have been better just as an outcast. I wouldn’t have had ****ty friends as an outcast. I would have gotten bullied a little bit, but that’s a bit better than going through your entire childhood with fake friends. Everybody I knew in high school, they don’t even talk to me. All the fake friendships I had during the time I was in grade school werd basically for nothing.

Back