Do you have a villager that holds a special place in your heart?

Benedict was one of my best friends in City Folk!

For me, it's Cyrano. He and Stitches were my two best friends in Wild World (my first AC game). He's one of the reasons I love the anteaters even though everybody else kind of hates them. Speaking of that, Anabelle too. She's been on my island for a while and I think she's very cute and is one of my favorite villagers.

If I started with this game only, I probably wouldn't really care so much about the villagers. They kind of had lackluster dialogue and are even more striped of personality than NL. With that said, I brought over villagers from my previous games that hold some sentimental value to me because of the time they spent in the other games. Like Kiki, Hazel, Butch, Walker ect.

I am still a little bummed that they don't really engage in dialouge that much. I have however noticed their dialouge has shapened up to be more interesting as of late. I don't know if they got updated or I am just getting lucky with the rng for dialogue. But they're giving me conversations I've never seen before that I can interact to.

Betty.

I wish Nintendo would bring her and her curly unibrow back. She's been missing the past couple games and was one of my starting six villagers on the GameCube. Betty still remains in my original town, along with three of the other six.

I have a few, but Maple is the first to come to mind. She was the first villager I ever met in any game in the original GC version and I SQUEALED when I saw her she was so cute! I was also happy because she was really nice, and back then not all villagers were nice (personally, I like that they're nicer now, though I wish they had more dialogue options overall). She was always a breath of fresh air when another villager was mean to me!

I have two. First is Roscoe. Back in WW, I had the habit of frequently restarting my game because I would get bored. The last time that I restarted, that town had Roscoe. He looked interesting and I was a massive horse girl, so I kept that town.

Then, New Leaf happened and I decided to buy one pack of amiibo cards. Lo and behold, he was there again. So I kept him ever since then.

Then, there’s Ken. In New Leaf, I hated that chicken (or is it rooster?) at first, because he kept planting his house right next to mine. However, the smug characters are really sweet so I couldn’t stay mad for long. Now, I have Ken again because he was the first smug character to show up in my campsite.

Bianca! I have had her the longest and I love her design and personality. I love how silly she is and that anything looks good on her. I finally told her today she could move, but then regretted it immediately. I just can't part with her. My second resident convinced her to stay. She was one of my first 5 original villagers, so I would like to eventually move her out and get her real house.

For me its Molly. I love her because when I watched Chuggaconroy's playthrough on Animal Crossing New Leaf on YouTube I saw he had her as one of his villagers. I liked her because of how cute she is and her catchphrase "Quackidee" is really nice! I was really upset when later in the playthrough she had to move out and I made it my mission to find Molly in New Horizons. After 2 painful months of wasting nmts, she finally appeared at the Campsite and I remember screaming joy when I saw her. She picked Ruby to move out when I won the Card game and I was SO Happy to have her after all this time. She will always hold a special place in my heard. I love her so much that I bought her amiibo card when I saved up enough money. So I can invite her anytime I want and she will always be in my heart!

maple is my bff from all the way back to acgc ;w; i also remember woolio very fondly for some reason, i'm not sure why! he was just a cool funky purple dude ig and i miss him...amelia is an old favorite too just because she played kk condor in her house and i was obsessed with that song

Mine is Cashmere after I got her and found out we share the same birthday. Initially I didn't care about her at all due to my interest in Whitney, but she grew on me. Her house suits her but it needs some work ;)

mine is kiki! :) she was one of the first villagers I got way back in the days of acgc and I've always loved her, it absolutely broke my heart when she moved away 😭 I tried many times to get her to come to my town in ww but shenever showed up, she ended up being someone I accidentally picked up from someone's void when I was doing trades early on and had an empty plot I'd just set out in hopes of bumping my rating up to 3 stars with enough villagers and I was so excited!! her house is now moved up close to mine and she has a massive front yard area like the queen she is, I don't think I'd ever be able to let her leave haha (even tho she keeps wearing that god forsaken marble dots tee now that's it's summer on my island)

Alli. At first I really disliked her, she's quite the royal pain - or was. But when I started up New Leaf and saw she was one of my starters, I have to admit, a small part of me was pleased to know I'd have another game full of subtle putdowns and comments about my outfits, as well as the huge amounts of bells you spend on stuff making her love you enough to give out her picture.
I found her in a campsite in NH and HAD to invite her, even though it meant that Antonio, one of my two starters, moved out. Even with the personality wipe they've given out in NH, I'm happy to see that Alli still manages to sneak in a few pokes now and again, like asking if that was the same outfit I had on yesterday, but she supposes the dirt adds something to it.
My favourite pain in the rear gator. Even if I had to IMMEDIATELY gift her something to get her out of the leopard print t-shirt she starts in.

Actually it's thanks to her a bit that almost half my town is alligators now.

KATT she moved into my nl town when i first started playing and while i wasnt too fond of her and wanted her out asap she really grew on me over time, first it was from her personality and then i started to really like her design too, now shes my all-time favourite. her default outfit in nh adds so much more character to her as well

when i was younger playing ww i really liked peanut a lot shes not a dreamie of mine anymore but she did spend some time on my island and will always be in my heart............nan too i remember when she moved in and i was like wow shes so much nicer than the other villagers LOL i always thought she was a kind old lady cuz of her name and i saw her like my grandma so i would spend a lot of time at her house for comfort

kyle and jeremiah are also my BOYS my favourite lads

Ohhh man, can you guess who I'm gonna say?
Fauna!!! Coming from the Midwest I've always adored deer. Once, my friend and I went to go visit her horses. When we strolled up, there was a little fawn sitting alone in the meadow. We didn't touch it of course! Deer are nuisances. But here was this innocent creature that made me hold life more sacred.
Anyways, nl was my first game and it was hers too! I had three towns. My reason for this account was to get her each time and pay a ridiculous amount of bells hahaha.
In NH, not two weeks after the game had released, I'd gone out to get some wood. Fauna was there on that one single island waiting for me. I didn't even realize I had a spare plot. The mechanic of getting any villager hadn't occurred to me yet. Despite all that, there she was. She knew my game wasn't complete without her. And after all these years, thats my most special memory of Fauna. Im so glad vlager can't just move out any more. She's never ever ever ever ever leaving.

Lucky, for sure. I remember him back in my WW town. He had a Master Sword in his base house. Being LoZ-crazed at the time, I decided to go entirely after that one stinkin’ sword. I remember talking to him all the time, doing little activities for him in order for him to get more furniture to replace his base sets and eagerly checking the recycling bin for said items (why couldn’t NH do this?!?). I DID get the Master Sword eventually, and it’s still on display in that (very barren) house of mine. I grew very fond of Lucky himself, in the process. He’s one of my favorite dogs and lazies because of this interaction, and while I can confirm I sadly did not get his photo, the Master Sword might as well be one in my books.

For me it's Savannah and it goes back to the old Gamecube game. She wrote me a really sweet letter for valentine's day and it really made a lasting impression on me and she's been my favorite ever since. I still have her on all 3 of my/our towns. Meowtown on the Gamecube (shared with my brothers), Skullbay in New Leaf and Tropicallo in New Horizons. No town will ever be complete without her.

I do have a similar affection for Gaston but I still haven't found him in New Horizons. I suppose I could adopt him from someone here but I'd rather keep searching for him on the islands. It's just such a thrill when you finally find a villager you really love after hours of island hopping. It took me 128 trips in a row to find Savannah. Took all day but was definitely worth it.

Zucker. I was planning on moving him out, originally, because I wanted to start out with a batch of fresh new characters I hadn't tried before, but every time I read his dialogues along with this face he makes:
20201214_102034.jpg

Ugggggggghhhh...I just can't. 😭

Drago. In NL he was one of my starter villagers. I didn't know at the time that he was a new villager to the game since NL was also my first AC game. But...I thought he was cool since he had a dragon theme. I decided to keep him and if other villagers mentioned he thought about moving I would prevent it. He came to my birthday too and I got his pic. As for NH, this game has not given me Drago at all while island hopping. I keep going at it though!

my favorite villager is Tom the cat. he was actually one of my very first villagers back in New Leaf, which was my first AC game, and I have him again on my island in NH. When I first got him in NL I didn't really think he was anything special until I got to know him more. I think his dialogue in NL was what really impacted me the most; what he said was so meaningful to me. I was in high school at the time and didn't really have any friends, plus I was struggling a lot with mental health issues, so ACNL was an escape for me, and Tom made it extra special with his cute and encouraging words that would always make me smile. He made me feel special because as a cranky villager he wasn't friends with just anybody, but slowly opened up to me the more I got to know him. He is also super adorable, I love the fact that he has such a cute face with such a deep voice lol

Back