• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you approve of the job the President of the United States is doing?

Do approve of the job President Trump is currently doing?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its probably something awful, so its probably best not to.

(If you think you'll get banned it indicates you're going to be nasty somehow)

I hate how some (some) of the actual racists hate Trump.
I'm not calling you racist, hash slinging slasher.
To be fair though, you can't choose who supports you.

And it would be unfair to say that only the "bad" people support Trump. There are most surely "bad" people that support Hillary, Bernie, et cetera.

Last edited:
He didn't joke about rape. He joked about sex.

It didn't dismantle his campaign. So apparently a lot of people agree with me.

- - - Post Merge - - -

How so?

telling someone 'lol i can just grab women's private parts all i want because i'm rich and they love it' sounds rapey to me.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/08/us/donald-trump-tape-transcript.html?_r=0

Here is the transcript. Not sure if it is allowed on here directly since it is offensive and explicit.

He's talking about disrespectfully trying to get laid with someone who is married and being denied and not giving up. No where does he talk about rape.

I understand why you must think so. But please understand that old men, especially Trump are explicit. The time era that they grew up was different than this time.

He isn't an advocate for rape or sexual assault. He was disrespectful, explicit, and offensive. 'Locker room talk' - disrespectful, explicit, offensive.

He didn't joke about rape. He joked about sex.

It didn't dismantle his campaign. So apparently a lot of people agree with me

That was directed at Cory, not Trump. Trump did joke about sex not rape, Cory was talking about it being alright for guys to be making sexual jokes about women.

same omg. you first. i'll follow if you're still here.

If you think that your opinion is substantiated, then go for it. Otherwise, stop talking about 'doing it'.

Don't be scared of your opinion. If you think it's substantiated and "right", then you wouldn't be thinking about posting and talking about thinking about posting.

"It was supposed to be private" Why does that matter?

*stabs you in a dark alley* It's alright it's in private bro

go to a third world nation and learn what a rape culture is.

Just because something is a worse problem somewhere else doesn't mean it isn't a problem. Clearly you don't actually care about those countries either if you're only going to use them as a "gotcha".

That was directed at Cory, not Trump. Trump did joke about sex not rape, Cory was talking about it being alright for guys to be making sexual jokes about women.

It is alright. As long as there are standards, ethical standards.

If it's a private conversation that doesn't advocate rape or sexual assault, then do it.

People are lecherous beings. You can only prevent to a certain extent.

Trump: And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything.

Bush: Whatever you want.

Trump: Grab ’em by the ///. You can do anything.

definitely not rapey at all!! just him justifying that you can do whatever you want to a woman if you're rich and famous!!!11!

*stabs you in a dark alley* It's alright it's in private bro

Just because something is a worse problem somewhere else doesn't mean it isn't a problem. Clearly you don't actually care about those countries either if you're only going to use them as a "gotcha".

I have to agree with g y r o.

Just because something is worse, doesn't mean it's aright.

Also with Whiteflamingo. Just because it's private, doesn't make it alright.

I know he joked about sex. He didn't advocate for rape or sexual assault.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Trump: And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything.

Bush: Whatever you want.

Trump: Grab ’em by the ///. You can do anything.

definitely not rapey at all!! just him justifying that you can do whatever you want to a woman if you're rich and famous!!!11!

That's more of Trump's ego talking.

He's talking about how women always fall for him (most of the time) because he's a star.

He was on a high horse and that comment was disrespectful. But like I said, people are lecherous. As long as it isn't advocating for sexual assault and is in private, then do it. There should be ethical standards but only to an extent, because people are lecherous. You, we, can only prevent so much.

Last edited:
It is alright. As long as there are standards, ethical standards.

If it's a private conversation that doesn't advocate rape or sexual assault, then do it.

People are lecherous beings. You can only prevent to a certain extent.

Dude, even if there are standards that doesn't make it a good thing to say man. I'm sure that 70% or so of guys who tell a sex joke won't go and rape a women. Even if its a joke, its perverted thing to be saying. By saying "its just guys being guys" you're excusing the fact that they said something disgusting in the first place.

- - - Post Merge - - -

And yeah, you're right. You can't prevent everything, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't call someone out on their BS.

Dude, even if there are standards that doesn't make it a good thing to say man. I'm sure that 70% or so of guys who tell a sex joke won't go and rape a women. Even if its a joke, its perverted thing to be saying. By saying "its just guys being guys" you're excusing the fact that they said something disgusting in the first place.

- - - Post Merge - - -

And yeah, you're right. You can't prevent everything, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't call someone out on their BS.

I understand what you're saying and I think you communicated better of what I was trying to say.

Trump made a sex joke. It was wrong. It was offensive. But it didn't advocate for sexual assault.

go to a third world nation and learn what a rape culture is.

to be fair, Trump said "they'll let you do anything" anyway. i.e. give consent.

because developed countries surely don't have these sort of societal issues either

also, there was nothing about consent in what he said. that was purely framed as an excuse and nothing more

America doesn't have a rape culture. there is rape here. rape is bad. we punish rapists. that's not a rape culture. there's nothing that can stop all rape. joking about rape does not make you more likely to rape. that's just absurd. joking about killing my neighbor won't make me more likely to kill him.

i care more about the women in those countries than the people here who think that mansplaining, manspreading, catcalling, locker room talk, and dad jokes perpetuate rape culture and misogyny. women aren't victims here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back