• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Do you always donate your first catch to Blathers?

Do you offer your firstborn to Blathers?

• Total voters
I pretty much only catch bugs and fish for the museum, that's my main goal in pursuing them, so naturally, the first of each new species I catch gets donated. I don't know what else I'd do with them besides sell them, and I usually have plenty of bells anyway, so it's not a difficult decision or anything. Like, I didn't catch my first golden stag and feel torn between the museum and the money I could get selling it. I was just happy to have something new to give to the museum.

Yes I always do. You never know when/if you'll get another and if it's one you want for yourself it's more motivation to catch another one. When the game comes out I find the bug/fish guides online and make a sort chart every month. I write what is available for that month, times they are out, where to find them and shadow size for fish and I make a point to catch them all before the month is out. Doing this means I am always able to finish those parts of the museum by the end of the first year.

I always have across all games, I've always enjoyed trying to complete the museum. New Horizons has given me the most motivation to complete it so I can see the fully decorated fish room. 🐟

Do you? And is it the same for you across all of the games you've played?

Yes.

I do this for a reason similar to purchasing items. The catalog.

This is to establish that my island/main human has achieved getting this or that item. And it is good for the museum.

I catch fish and bugs quite regularly. I farm them, in fact, to earn as many bells as possible! This is my main way of earning money. But when I encounter a new bug or fish, I give it to Blathers automatically, otherwise I forget that I didn't give it, especially if it's rare.

Yes, it's a must or else I'd probably forget what Ive donated before and start a viscous cycle of accident selling said creature

yes, always! it's way easier to keep track of, plus if it's a rare catch I don't want to put myself through the emotional stress of having to find it all over again

Yeah I always give my first of anything I get to him; makes it easier to keep track of. Plus I have this weird feeling I won't get another again if I don't, and thus miss out on having one more thing done, and hate myself for it for ever LOL.

Usually I do but there are 3 items I use to decorate my island and sometimes they go straight into my storage.

They are the Fossilized Poop I forget the actual name and why I like it. The Turtle from the river he is my pet. And the Amber. I just like those and I’m sorry that I don’t give them to Blathers.

Always of course!
Except... When I come across the scallop. I couldn't say no to Pascal!! 🥺
I did the same thing when I found my first scallop! I was too intrigued by Pascal to say no, and the idea of donating to the museum completely slipped my mind.

Otherwise, I always donate my first catch. It's easier to keep track of, and I want to see the museum fully decked out.

I was less inclined in the GameCube game, though. I was profits above all else then.

I always donate my first catch to Blathers but I have a weird thing with numbers. I’m only allowed to donate my catch on even days, so sometimes it’s quite a mess outside my museum with my yet-to-be donated catches.

Yes! If I don't donate the first one I catch then I'm sure I'll forget to donate the next one, so it's better for me if I just do it right away

Yes, always! The Museum is my main reason for collecting all the AC critters, so I always prioritize it first and foremost. It also makes it easier for me to keep track of what I have/haven't donated without having to check my Critterpedia. If I always donate the first one I catch, I don't have to worry about accidentally forgetting any.

Yes, always! Fossils, bugs, fish, paintings, everything. Even if I get a big or expensive catch, it just doesn't feel right to sell it if it's not in the museum. I'll always go and double check if I'm unsure, even if it means I wasted a trip. Though, my Nooks and my Museum are right next to each other, so it's not that big of a bother.

Yes, always! Fossils, bugs, fish, paintings, everything. Even if I get a big or expensive catch, it just doesn't feel right to sell it if it's not in the museum. I'll always go and double check if I'm unsure, even if it means I wasted a trip. Though, my Nooks and my Museum are right next to each other, so it's not that big of a bother.
Critterpedia also has a note that says whether you donated each bug, fish, or sea creature. I don't think there's an easy way to tell for fossils or art though.

Back