• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Do you always donate your first catch to Blathers?

Do you offer your firstborn to Blathers?

• Total voters
Sometimes! I tend to leave them for later and then forget... 😅

I sure do! I've done that each Animal Crossing game out of habit. Especially for the rarer catches, it's a must to donate imo. Bells are easily made other ways, and the models are less important than the museum entry imo.

Always! Otherwise I end up with cases like my first GameCube town where I somehow missed a Black Bass and a common dragonfly that didn't come out until October and I don't find out until I make what I think is my last donations to the museum...

Yes, because sometimes they are rare and hard to catch. If I catch another one, I would keep it, but the first catch of a species is always donated to Blathers...

With the exception of the first time I caught a scallop and gave it to Pascal

Yeah I do, it's basically instinct at this point. I completed my bugs and fish sometimes last year, but I never once thought to keep a first catch because my mentality is that I can always catch it again if I really wanted. Maybe with a few exceptions... the string fish still gives me bad flashbacks. 😭

YES 😭 I get really bothered if I don't. Like, really really bothered. I know if I need Bells I'll find other ways to obtain them, so I always donate my first ANYTHING to Blathers.

The poll question made me laugh. LOL

Yes. I always give the first creature to Blathers. I’m almost done with my museum actually. I just need to get around to diving.

Yes I do! I always make sure to donate my very first catch to Blathers, especially because I'm not sure how long it would take to catch another one if I don't! Some fish have taken me a good long while to catch, so I don't want to risk doing it all over again if I didn't happen to donate my first one.

I usually do but I actually can't remember if I kept my first scallop In NH for Blathers or if I gave it to Pascal ...

Here's a tip. If you open up your nookphone and go the Critterpedia app and over Bugs. You'll see a "owl icon" that will indicate if the bug was donated. If it doesn't have it then it means it hasn't been donated. Sometimes I forgot that I even caught a bug and didn't donate it to blathers.

yeah! i'm nearly done the museum because i decided to actually start doing this. although sometimes i lose track of whether i donated it or not and end up trying to give the same catch to blathers, which is as annoying as it sounds.

Yep, it always needs to be donated to Blathers first. Then once I got into the habit of it, the next 3 would be set aside for C.J. to use for collectibles.

of course! especially if it’s a rare critter, so i don’t have to try and catch it more than once unless i actually want to haha. i didn’t care about museum completion in wild world or new leaf, but i do in new horizons, and blathers got the first of all my catches, and he will in every future game as well!

Of course I do. If I don't, and enter the half-empty museum, I get OCD attacks. It's especially bad in the fossil room.

But I'm a completionist, so my museum on Wahu is fully complete 👍

Yep, it definitely saves time from going through the hassle of catching another one. While I'm not a completionist, I've managed to complete my fossil collection in WW, NL, and NH by donating to Blathers right from the start.

I mainly catch bugs and fish for the museum anyways, so yeah! I've always done so! Frankly, I have no other use for them. This also goes for all other games.

Whatever repeats I get, I sell or pass on entirely. Other than that? Straight to Blathers they go!

Back