• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do past villagers remember you if you move them back in with an Amiibo card?

Claude

Jellicle Cat
Bells
If a villager moves out, do they remember you if you move them back in with their Amiibo card?

I remember reading that they don't, but that was before the update if they happened to moved in naturally.

But after the new update, I visited a dream town and Alfonso, one of my previous villagers, was there. I spoke to him, and he said something like, "Oh, hey, Claude! What a coincidence. I've decided to have a dream, too!" Whatever he said, he clearly remembered me. I miss him :(

Alfonso was one of my starting villagers, and I just let him move out last month. I have his Amiibo card. If I move him back in, will he remember me? I'm thinking about trying to get hold of Amiibo cards for my favorite villagers (NAOMI!) so that I can move them back in if they ever move out, but it will be sad if they don't remember me. :(

Has anyone tried this?

Nope, if you move them back in then they are a brand new villager and not the Alphonso that used to live in your town.

I can only imagine that the dream town you visited either had your original Alphonso or happened to say something quite uncanny. But unless its your original villager they won't remember you.

Nope, if you move them back in then they are a brand new villager and not the Alphonso that used to live in your town.

I can only imagine that the dream town you visited either had your original Alphonso or happened to say something quite uncanny. But unless its your original villager they won't remember you.

I think the dream town thing is the game trying poke fun at the fact of how a villager can be in two different places. I have Julian in my town and I visited a dream town that also had Julian. When I talked to him, he recognized me as he would in my town, and said something along the lines of "this is where I come to let my hair down". Probably falls under the uncanny category.

That makes sense. The thing is, though, when I met him in the dream town, he had already been moved out for a while, so he wasn't in two places at once. He doesn't even come to my street.

Past villagers that do appear on my street/in stores are ones that I didn't get close enough to for them to send me their picture. I guess that's just how the game works.

Snooty villagers might comment that we can't tell if is morning or night in a dream just like Amelia did when I visited someone's dream world where she also lived.

And yeah, it's a fact that villagers moved through amiibo might not recognize us at all moved back.

Past villagers that do appear on my street/in stores are ones that I didn't get close enough to for them to send me their picture. I guess that's just how the game works.

I think the villagers that appear on Main Street depends on the order at which they moved out. Right now I only see Roald and Gloria, and they were the first villagers that I had moved out. Could be the case with yours, since you said Alfonso only moved out recently.

I think the villagers that appear on Main Street depends on the order at which they moved out. Right now I only see Roald and Gloria, and they were the first villagers that I had moved out. Could be the case with yours, since you said Alfonso only moved out recently.

Oops, Disregard please.

Nope, I did this with Vesta, because she lived in the WORST spot possible, I wanted her to move back but in a different spot. She didnt remember me, but thats ok.

One of my two besties had moved out around over a month or so before the update. After the update, I got them back with their amiibo card. They don't remember me, per se, but they occasionally would tell me that they feel like they used to live in my town.

Let me get some quotes from day one of them moving in: "It's almost as if I've been here before...maybe in a former life?" "Even you're kind of familiar..."

Those were only from the first day of them coming back, the villager later referenced cloudy memories about a day after getting settled in. So maybe it just happens to be something that smug villagers say, but it was constant for a bit.

Back