• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Dissidia Arcade Game!

booshoe

Bells
Square Enix has announced it! And it looks awesome!!!

It looks like it's running on a PS4 engine like the one they are using with Final Fantasy XV. Them models man! Those aren't even cutscenes! They're in game models!

Here's what gematsu's website says:

The new arcade game teased by Square Enix late last month is Dissidia Final Fantasy, the publisher announced at the Japan Amusement Expo in Chiba today.

The game uses a three-versus-three battle system different from its predecessors, and has evolved visuals in comparison. Y?Shtola from Final Fantasy XIV will be playable, but characters from Final Fantasy XV have not been confirmed. The Onion Knight (Final Fantasy III), Terra Branford (Final Fantasy VI), Lightning (Final Fantasy XIII), and Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII) are also playable.

Square Enix will hold a presentation on April 10 where it will presumably share more information. The Warrior of Light pictured in the key visual below is said to be an in-game model, rather than CG.

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2015/02/dissidia-final-fantasy-announced-arcades#pucR5MzMBuOfTAWM.99

I wish noct would be here. I mean, clearly the engine used in this game can handle his hotness

I still haven't managed to play the original Dissidia, nor is there an arcade anywhere in my area (at least not one that could afford to upgrade their games... haha they're going belly-up I think) but I'm still kinda pumped for this after learning more about it o_o

I have a feeling in my gut that they're gonna port this to PS4. Just like how I get the feeling Pokken Tournament will be on WiiU.

I also have a feeling that butterflies are gonna pop out from my wallet soon...

LOL

Last edited:
It looks like the FF14 graphics engine.

Let's hope they port it to PC/consoles.

I need this game if it comes out on PS4 or even Vita. It looks so flawless <3 I spent over 110 hrs on the original dissidia :p

Awesome stuff :D I actually only got to play Dissidia quite recently... I reckon it would be something to behold as an arcade! :D

I also hope they balance the characters in this game and remove any potential infi combos. I hate seeing sephiroth/cloud/jecht match ups all the time

Back