• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Disney Magical World

Crossing my fingers that I'll see Captain Jack Sparrow my one true love. Did any of you guys come across him yet? Screenshots would be schweet. ♥

I haven't come across him yet but I know hes in there somewhere, a lot of the characters you meet by decorating your cafe and throwing a party.

I love this game and that's fairly big for me to say because I hardly get hooked on games to such an extent. You can grow crops, fish, fight enemies/bosses in dungeons, dress up, decorate your cafe/room, and way more things that I haven't yet experienced. It's a huge time sinker and will take ages to beat. I like how it feels more realistic as the town gets decorated for whatever holiday approaching at the time (right now it's decorated for Easter)! There's also DLC if that strikes your fancy.

And.. it's hardly anything like ACNL. :p People who say that obviously haven't actually tried the game yet; it has a lot more depth and expands on things whereas Animal Crossing is more of the barebones of customization, etc.

Last edited:
If it was 2012, I'd probably get this game. But I don't really want to give Disney any more of my money, after they shut down my favorite MMO, I was heartbroken. So I think I'll have to pass on this, for now anyway. It does seem fun though, I'll give it that.

what mmo was it?

The gameplay is great but the thing that gets me is the inconsistent frame rate and blurry textures. I'm sure they could've done a better job with the frame rate, considering it jumps from jagged, "Wild World" jarring to smooth, almost 60fps erratically. Overall, it shares many common customization elements with Animal Crossing, but honestly it's more along the lines of the MySims series due to the collecting of raw materials to create furnishings and clothing.

The gameplay is great but the thing that gets me is the inconsistent frame rate and blurry textures. I'm sure they could've done a better job with the frame rate, considering it jumps from jagged, "Wild World" jarring to smooth, almost 60fps erratically. Overall, it shares many common customization elements with Animal Crossing, but honestly it's more along the lines of the MySims series due to the collecting of raw materials to create furnishings and clothing.

I've watched some Let's Play's of it and that is the biggest put-off for me, I just can't get past that kind of visual problem. It's so integral to my experience of immersion. And it's just not worth it if I can't get immersed. I don't know. It's the biggest reason why I hesitate to get it. What do you think? Is it still worth it?

I would say it most definitely isn't. I haven't touched it since I bought it, which says something since I play what I buy. The choppiness is just too apparent to overlook for the same reasons you had stated. It's a shame, but if this were released for the Wii U, it would've done much better due to the technical horsepower.

My game just arrived today in the mail. :d I'm looking forward to playing in Alice's world + Four Acre Wood world. Cute characters everywhere.

A lot of people are having a problem with graphics and framerate but I haven't experienced that at all. Weird.

I just got Lilo to visit my cafe! Now Lilo and Stitch are visiting my town lol

The gameplay is great but the thing that gets me is the inconsistent frame rate and blurry textures. I'm sure they could've done a better job with the frame rate, considering it jumps from jagged, "Wild World" jarring to smooth, almost 60fps erratically.

Well, yeah I have to agree on this point. It's noticeable and if you know you're a person who won't be able to enjoy the game due to this then maybe keep watching the Let's Plays & decide whether the actual gameplay is worth buying the game for. Personally, it doesn't make me want to stop playing the game as I find it easy to overlook it and I don't feel like it would be enough to make me want to stop playing this game in general. I'm liking this game a lot so far & I reallyreally enjoy meeting / seeing all the Disney characters.

Minnie Mouse is supersuper cute. <3 I also love how pressing the "R" button will make your character do a sort of jump-spin in the air. FunFunFun.

Here is my character: ( no in-game screenshots? ;~; )

2q2p9v8.jpg

zjjdaa.jpg

Last edited:
Well, for the time being, I'm stalking the blog. ^_^ I'm not sure I like how the avatars look. I know; that's a silly (maybe even stupid) reason, but they look like they don't belong there (which... they probably don't, if you think about it, haha). Anyway, thanks for the blog, jvgsjeff, it's absolutely great that you're doing this! ^_^

Out of curiosity; those who play this game, how much time a day do you play it? And do you play it normally, or do you TT as well? Just curious. ^_^

Actually, reading the blog, one big plus compared to AC:NL seems that you get to interact with many different characters. As much as I love my villagers in AC:NL, it's the always the same and I really wish there was some more variety (granted, building the Roost could help, but I have yet to decide where I want it).

Last edited:
Well, for the time being, I'm stalking the blog. ^_^ I'm not sure I like how the avatars look. I know; that's a silly (maybe even stupid) reason, but they look like they don't belong there (which... they probably don't, if you think about it, haha). Anyway, thanks for the blog, jvgsjeff, it's absolutely great that you're doing this! ^_^

Out of curiosity; those who play this game, how much time a day do you play it? And do you play it normally, or do you TT as well? Just curious. ^_^

Thanks! :) You do have the option of using a Mii or making your character in-game, and I used a Mii for mine. So if my avatar looks funny, maybe that's why.

As for how long I play, it varies. It might range from ~45 minutes to a couple of hours. And sometimes I'll pick the game up just for 15 minutes here or there, just to replenish the food at my cafe and check on my crops.

So I just got it today. Does anyone know if it has online play? Not local I already know it does that.

So I just got it today. Does anyone know if it has online play? Not local I already know it does that.

Yes, but you're just visiting someone's uploaded cafe and not interacting with human players directly. It's kind of like the Dream Suite in New Leaf.

Oh ok thanks for informing me. Still on the tutorial kinda long. XD

Yeah the prologue / tutorial took me a whole day to complete. It's definitely long lol. I'm still confused on some things that it didn't explain though..

Why are there keys at the end of episode / quest titles? These keys disappear on some but remain forever on others.

Why are there different smiley faces under certain completed outfits? There is a yellow happy face + an orang3 one. Is that related to how many "Nice!" one gets with the outfit?

Last edited:
Yup I took me like 5 hours to complete the prologue some tasks were quite confusing but overall I really enjoyed the game so far. Especially the cafe. :)

And thanks for the info.

I love this game. The graphics are okay, but it's so much fun! I also don't like how there's no "save and quit". -.-

Ya but its not a big deal. You just save and exit the game and when you load it up your character will be exactly where you left off kinda like with the pokemon games. :)

Tomodachi Life (I swear; every time I see that name, my mind goes "Tamagotchi" -_-') is coming to Europe on June, 6. But no news about Disney Magical World. ;-; I'm actually thinking of getting this game. The blog is really helpful and it seems there is more to do than in AC:NL (or rather; it seems I'd get bored less quickly). So, wait and hope for it to come to Europe, I guess! ^_^

I haven't been able to put down the game. It's so addicting. I wonder what happens after 60 stickers are achieved? Is the story mode of the game done and you're just focusing on your caf?? I love doing the episodes / quests. :L

Back