• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Discriminating Experiences (In-Game & Real Life)

Honestly am not sure and I'm of the homos

Last edited:
When I was younger and lived in America because my parents are Mexican. Not all the time but it happened on a few occasians. Anyways I live in Brazil now and most people don't really care at the place where I live.
About the online stuff: the Internet is full of bullies because people feel like they can say everything on there. Whenever people insult me online I don't care tbh.

Last edited:
Eh, online chats usually turn from annoying to homophobic. Nothing new.

Also, speaking of that whole "girl gamer" debate: I've been playing video games since I can remember and no guy ever had an issue with that not at 6, not at 13 and not at 19. It's just a hobby that especially our generation grew up with.

You know who caused the whole girl gamer stereotype? Insecure girls. Dismissing girls when they make cute photos of their hobbies, dismissing them when they play girl-ish games, dismissing them when they play boy-ish games. Dismissing themselves for whatever genre they enjoy playing. It's not a competition, don't compare yourself to others and don't give yourselves or others label to feel better about yourself. Just play games.

You are going to be seen as a victim if you play that role. Yes, there are always going to be disrespectful idiots, but when once you're secure about yourself that won't even matter on bit - I promise. :)

As someone who has PTSD from abuse I really hate people using trigger as just a fun expression when I have literal triggers that now if I mention people don't understand I mean, no I was literally triggered into a panic attack because you said that word thanks friend.

I'm sorry he triggered you

During the whole Caitlyn Jenner coming out thing, I just heard a lotta nasty transphobic comments and such directed at trans people and even had this one guy thinking it was funny to call himself a "tr*nny slayer" and junk. It was indirect discrimination, but it was painful and uncomfortable to watch and listen to. Don't get me wrong, I despise Caitlyn since she acts like the spokesperson of the trans community while throwing us all under the bus, but it's not right to have everyone else in the community suffer because this had been brought to attention, especially trans women.

Also, I guess more "minor" things like "DID YOU JUST ASSUME MY GENDER?!" and incorrect use of "trigger" and "autism" get on my nerves a ton. The incorrect uses especially, because apparently now people are using trigger as a synonym for being annoyed or angry or irritated and autism is equated to basically being an embarrassment and such. Like, the joke is ?Hey! You have a condition of some sort.? Those two things that hit me because I've got triggers and autism myself. The whole "assume my gender" thing is also ridiculous, as it's obviously an attack on nonbinary folk and trans folk.

I've actually never experienced in-game discrimination, but I go out of my way not to talk to people in-game very often as I'm not super comfortable with socialization. I've experienced some real life discrimination for being Autistic though (mostly from mental health professionals which is pretty upsetting).

tfw theres someone in your class who calls himself "the transphobe" because he is just that great ...... his friends are as bad and i just honestly want to throw a chair in their faces lmao
also i love that doctors always get all "UM OKAY BUT ACCORDING TO THIS STEREOTYPE.." when they get to know that you're trans and/or autistic . like. ok but did i ask. i went to see the doctor who prescribed another anti depressant for me and he started talking about trans stereotypes and said that i was a girl which is like,,... Great. also once i was discriminated on the bell tree forums for bumping my threads and it hurt my feelings

Back