• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Digimon Cyber Sleuth & Hacker's Memory

Caecae97

Bells
Switch
6692-8246-9698
Island
Ula'ula
Silver Mailbox
Does anyone play this game as well? I got it the day it came out on Switch and I've completed Hacker's Memory, but haven't gotten started on Cyber Sleuth because I went through a New Game + on Hacker's Memory. NGL, I'm a bit disappointed with New Game +. I thought it would be more challenging, but the only thing that changed was the fact that I started with the Digimon I had when I completed the game the first time, and I could also unlock two Digimon that are only available after beating Hacker's Memory. Did anyone else enjoy this game as much as I did?

I bought this months ago and still haven't touched it lol whoops. But I will. It looks really fun and for two games in one, why not.

I played it when it came out originally on Playstation, though I've never gotten around to Hackers Memory. I may pick it up when I finally buy the portable Switch version of the game.

I'll give anything Digimon a go for the sake of getting to spend some time with Digimon.

I think my only main gripe with the game is a common one with the Digimon games, there's some ridiculous and very unfair difficulty spikes. I'm not a fan of when a game slaps in an enemy stupidly more difficult than other enemies you've come across so far to the point where you're one shotting all the random encounters in the area but the boss is basically one shotting you. The type that aren't really that difficult to beat, they don't have a difficult move list or a clever gimmick or anything, they're just going to require you to run around in a circle for an hour grinding EXP because their health and attack are jacked up to full...Grinding shouldn't feel mandatory, it should just be an option to lower the difficulty on an already realistic challenge.

Last edited:
I played it when it came out originally on Playstation, though I've never gotten around to Hackers Memory. I may pick it up when I finally buy the portable Switch version of the game.

I'll give anything Digimon a go for the sake of getting to spend some time with Digimon.

I think my only main gripe with the game is a common one with the Digimon games, there's some ridiculous difficulty spikes. I'm not a fan of when a game slaps in an enemy stupidly more difficult than other enemies you've come across so far to the point where you're one shotting all the random encounters in the area but the boss is basically one shotting you. The type that aren't really that difficult to beat, they don't have a difficult move list or a clever gimmick or anything, they're just going to require you to run around in a circle for an hour grinding EXP because their health and attack are jacked up to full...Grinding shouldn't feel mandatory, it should just be an option to lower the difficulty on a realistic challenge.
Agreed, I don't mind a difficult game, but when it gets to the point where you're grinding like crazy just to beat a single boss, it is annoying. I mean, when I needed a Digimon to grow but didn't want to go grinding, I would put the Digimon in the Digi-Farm, and put my Switch in sleep mode, and check in on the Digimon every few hours. I would also do this before going to bed, and for the most part, it works pretty well. But another problem I had is the New Game + because you start off with the Digimon you had when you beat the previous save file. For me, that meant starting with a full team of level 99 Mega stage Digimon from the start of the game. I just thought there would be more challenge to going with New Game +, but no, it was such a cakewalk early on that I stopped playing because it was way too easy with the Digimon I had

I just completed Hackers' Memory the other day after playing it and Cyber Sleuth back to back! It's very grindy though, and I'm just referring to getting specific Mega Digimon. Requiring stats at a certain amount in addition to ABI really lengthens both games imo, esp if you want something like a Demon Lord or Royal Knight. I enjoyed both games but grinding easily took up half my playtimes lmao

they're just going to require you to run around in a circle for an hour grinding EXP because their health and attack are jacked up to full...Grinding shouldn't feel mandatory, it should just be an option to lower the difficulty on a realistic challenge.
3 PlatinumNumemon + 3 Tactitian USBs are a livesaver. Saved me from what would've been hundreds of hours of grinding.

Back