• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Define what being fair is for me, please.

Sonicdude41

Bells
In this scenario, what's fair: my homework in MY room, only to be told to move to another room by my mother JUST so my little sister can play on the Wii -- OR me wanting to stay in my room to do my homework, especially since it's... well, kinda my room?

And believe it or not, my mom made me move to another room so that she could play. I just about got fed up and just told her that I was through with my homework. So... yeah.

I think what's fair is simply respecting your parents decision and not whining about it. Why does it matter so much that you have to do homework in another room? The fact is that you can do homework in another room with no downside except getting up and moving, whereas your sister can't play wii elsewhere.

A fair (sometimes fayre) is a gathering of people to display or trade produce or other goods, to parade or display animals and often to enjoy associated carnival or funfair entertainment. Activities at fairs vary widely. Some are important showcases for businessmen in agricultural, pastoral or horticultural districts because they present opportunities to display and demonstrate the latest machinery on the market.

I think what's fair is simply respecting your parents decision and not whining about it. Why does it matter so much that you have to do homework in another room? The fact is that you can do homework in another room with no downside except getting up and moving, whereas your sister can't play wii elsewhere.

You're right. I'm being totally selfish here, and now I feel terrible, but I suppose I deserve it. Oh well, what's done is done. Nothing to do now except move forward.

You know what's unfair? You're complaining about having to move to another room to do your homework, when there are starving kids in Africa that aren't complaining nearly as much as you.

You know what's unfair? You're complaining about having to move to another room to do your homework, when there are starving kids in Africa that aren't complaining nearly as much as you.

He's already acknowledged that he was wrong, no need to be a jerk.

He's already acknowledged that he was wrong, no need to be a jerk.

Oh, didn't see the post. Yeah I was a bit angry that the thread wasn't defining why being fair was good, I was going to go into the whole society needs to stay happy thing, but yeah, I came up with a dick response instead.

optimized-lolcat60.jpg

A fair (sometimes fayre) is a gathering of people to display or trade produce or other goods, to parade or display animals and often to enjoy associated carnival or funfair entertainment. Activities at fairs vary widely. Some are important showcases for businessmen in agricultural, pastoral or horticultural districts because they present opportunities to display and demonstrate the latest machinery on the market.

Way to plagiarize from Wikipedia.

Zero on the final.

Sigh it really isn't fair, but really it does depend, I don't have all the facts.

Does your sister in any way own partial rights to said Wii, or did she receive a game under the assumption you would let her on?

Really to handle it better, rather than outright denying access, it is often better to compromise. I mean move nicely but let her know she owes you a break sometime if she is ever being difficult.

Again, I don't have all the details here. Of course in the end what you label as "your" room is actually owned by your parents... but yeah.

Way to plagiarize from Wikipedia.

Zero on the final.

Eh, didn't feel like going through the trouble of writing it down myself, wasn't even that good'a joke to type it all out.

should start a riot, imo.

what about moving the wii into another room to avoid previous conflicts altogether? might work, except you wouldn't have the convenience of having it in your room.

And then there are people with mansions living life without any problems.

So it all balances out

luisarmandgarcia.jpg

should start a riot, imo.

what about moving the wii into another room to avoid previous conflicts altogether? might work, except you wouldn't have the convenience of having it in your room.

Wii in other room = no late nights with nintendo!

Back