• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Dark Souls 2 just announced.

Prof Gallows

Retired Staff
Bells
Arcade Tokens
Switch
2767-4108-4794
Toy Hammer
Rainbow Feather
The Bell Tree Fair 2014 Patch
The Bell Tree Fair 2013 Patch
Bell Bag Badge
Last edited:
Thought I'd bump this seeing as the game is coming out in two weeks.

Anyone planning on getting it? If so and you're getting it for the ps3 I'd be up for playing with anyone.

Granted you aren't a ****ing casual. But it's okay if you are, I can make you git gud.

I'd love to get into the series, but that would mean boarding up all the windows, and putting away the fragile items that are bound to get thrown, haha
Maybe I need that "Git Gud Gallows" regimen. :p

I'd love to get into the series, but that would mean boarding up all the windows, and putting away the fragile items that are bound to get thrown, haha
Maybe I need that "Git Gud Gallows" regimen. :p

Supposedly this one is going to be a little easier to pick up and understand. But it's a Souls game so.. it really does appeal to the people who love a challenge. Which I'm not really expecting on a Nintendo based forum since Nintendo has been babying people with their games a LOT recently.

Supposedly this one is going to be a little easier to pick up and understand. But it's a Souls game so.. it really does appeal to the people who love a challenge. Which I'm not really expecting on a Nintendo based forum since Nintendo has been babying people with their games a LOT recently.
Nah, I love challenges. As frustrating as I heard the games can be, I also hear a lot of praise for them. I'll probably start with the first game, and go from there.

Nah, I love challenges. As frustrating as I heard the games can be, I also hear a lot of praise for them. I'll probably start with the first game, and go from there.

I'd recommend it. Only problem is once you play a Souls game and enjoy it every other game feels boring. lol

I've had dark souls for months and just failed at the Gargoyles constantly. Then at one point, many months later I was like 'No, I am playing this game and I will get passed the first major boss', ade a new character and class and I actually stormed ahead, and I was actually making progress within the 8 hours I was playing Dark Souls that day. More I play it the more I'm looking forward to the 2nd one. I'll pick it up though when I'm fully done :)

I've had dark souls for months and just failed at the Gargoyles constantly. Then at one point, many months later I was like 'No, I am playing this game and I will get passed the first major boss', ade a new character and class and I actually stormed ahead, and I was actually making progress within the 8 hours I was playing Dark Souls that day. More I play it the more I'm looking forward to the 2nd one. I'll pick it up though when I'm fully done :)

Good luck.

You might want to summon a person or two to help you with the bosses if you need it. If you've talked to Solaire he'll always show up for you in certain boss areas to summon. Once you get the hang of it and getting your character's stats how you want them the rest should be pretty simple.

Just wondering, I really want to play dark souls 2 but I'm also worried I'll miss the storyline. Do I need to play the first one or can I jump right into 2? Anyone have any opinions?

Dark Souls doesn't have much for a storyline, so I think you should be okay to jump into Dark Souls 2. You can probably catch up on lore on their wiki. However, the game isn't for the faint of heart. It's a fight after fight after fight kind of game and it can be really hard sometimes.

Last edited:
Haha thanks for replying! I know thats why i want to play it. I'm getting bored of skyrim and just finished assassins creed brotherhood.

Back