• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Currency in the game?

yasogami

Bells
Sorry if this has been asked before! But is there some sort of currency in this game? As in, how do you get clothing for your character and stuff? Are those also unlocked as soon as you start the game, like furniture items?

There is no currency in the game, but you can use play coins to an extent as "currency", tho you only need 31 to unlock everything (and this on,y unlocks stuff like fish, bugs,fossils, art, ceiling items, and the rest are for things like my designs and room expansions)
Clothing is unlocked like furniture, which is obtained from completing villagers requests.

There is no currency in the game, but you can use play coins to an extent as "currency", tho you only need 31 to unlock everything (and this on,y unlocks stuff like fish, bugs,fossils, art, ceiling items, and the rest are for things like my designs and room expansions)
Clothing is unlocked like furniture, which is obtained from completing villagers requests.

That was very informative! Thanks!

I think it'd be fun if we could shop in the stores we make for the villagers. :/ It's a bummer; at the same time, it a game about designing houses, so, I guess it's understandable.

I think it'd be fun if we could shop in the stores we make for the villagers. :/ It's a bummer; at the same time, it a game about designing houses, so, I guess it's understandable.

Well, we can go and see *them* shopping and getting excited about the merchandise we've put out! :D Designing a home for a villager is *kinda* like shopping as well. You can read a short description of the style each villager in your main street wants and choose whom you want to design for. Since each one unlocks different furniture, it can be fun trying to choose.

True; still, for some reason, I think it'd be more fun to have a little challenge ~ rather than using play coins to unlock them, have your own wage; the more you spend on a character's house, for example, the more you might need to dip into the mayor's own personal pocket money (that's how it was in the Sims 3 :p). If money was put into consideration into this game, the town would probably go bankrupt because of how much work the mayor (depending on the player's preference in how elaborate and creative they get with the house) puts into the houses; I'm just assuming it's the town's money that is being used for everything lol.

Back