• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Couch Co-op Reccomendatitons?

Firesquids

☆ Roxie of Avalar ☆
Bells
Island
Avalar
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Golden Watering Can
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Rose
White Rose
White Rose
White Rose
White Rose
My fiance and are looking for some co-op games, couch co-op preferred but other co-op, multiplayer, and party games are allowed as well.
We have gaming PCs and virtually every system except the PS5, Xbox 1, S, and X.

Here's some games we've played and would recommend
Co-op:
Portal 2
Pikuniku
Snipperclips
Part Time UFO
A Way Out
Overcooked
Luigi's Mansion 3
Unravel Two
Castle Crashers
Enter the Gungeon
Cup Head
Human Fall Flat
Divinity/2
Journey to the Savage Planet

Party Games:
Dokapon Kindgom
Mario Party
Jackbox/You don't know Jack

Edit: I've played these, but forgot to add them ;)
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
- Super Mario Party
- Moving Out
- Scott Pilgrim Vs The World
-LEGO Star Wars and Indiana Jones
-BattleBlock Theater
-Don't Starve Together
-The Forest
-Minecraft
-Resident Evil 5
-Little Big Planet
-Left 4 Dead 1 & 2
-Biped

Last edited:
My sister and I play a ton of couch co-op games so here is my list of ones we have played and enjoyed. I have a hard time defining couch co-op because to me it can also mean versing each other in split-screen/shared screen. I have included those on this list as well. Also, a lot of games in the "PS4/Switch" category are on PC too, but I'm only listing games exclusive to the PC to keep categories simple. I am excluding Xbox One and Series X games even though I own them because they were not on your list. I'm also excluding 1v1 fighting games aside from Smash, but can add them if requested.

PS4/Switch:
- Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum 'n' Fun! (each one has its own unique songs so I'd look it up before choosing one)
- Rocket League
- Streets of Rage 4 (I recommend Mr. X Nightmare DLC as well)
- Moving Out
- SEGA Genesis Classics
- Sonic Mania (multiplayer mode)
- Scott Pilgrim Vs The World
- Risk of Rain 2 (online, not couch co-op)
- Gang Beasts (more of a party game, Switch version out in fall)

Switch:
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
- Super Mario Maker 2
- Super Mario Party
- Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020
- Mario Tennis Aces
- Mario Golf: Super Rush
- WarioWare : Get It Together!
- Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
- Paperball Deluxe (a Super Monkey Ball styled game)
- Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity
- Fire Emblem Warriors
- HUNTDOWN
- Team Sonic Racing (online is pretty dead though, mainly for story and vs AI)
- Good Job!
- Puyo Puyo Tetris 2
- Clubhouse Games: 51 Worldwide Classics

PC:
- Tower Unite (online, not couch co-op)
- Halo: The Master Chief Collection (does have couch co-op as well as online, though I only have played it on my Xbox consoles)

Last edited:
It Takes Two - Have this on my to-play list, action adventure co-op. Have heard great things!
LEGO - Depending on what franchises you like, they can be pretty good. Usually collectathon esque games
BattleBlock Theater - Made by the same studio as Castle Crashers, platforming game with good humour
Don't Starve Together - Wilderness survival game

If horror is your thing I would also recommend left 4 dead

For a fun quick party game, I highly recommend Boomerang Fu. It's a hack and slash type of game with powerups. You run around the stage and be the first to slash your friends. It's very addictive and I personally love the artwork, characters you can be, and the controls. Very fun with friends in the same room!

Edit: Team Sonic Racing too! It's the most played out of all my Switch games. Very fun!

I've got a few suggestions for this~

Stardew Valley - Of course Stardew is great to play by yourself as well but I think multiplayer is even better, it's a lot quicker to progress through the game when you have multiple people doing the farm chores. You can also get married to another player in the game lol

Terraria - I've played a LOT of hours of this in co-op. I find the fact that it's 2D a lot easier and more enjoyable as a casual game. It's definitely not "too easy" though, it still has an enjoyable difficulty level in my opinion. Standard building/crafting/fighting monsters kind of game with a TON of unique items.

Trine (series) - I've played the first one and some of the second for this series. It's a platformer game with different characters who have different abilities, can be played on local co-op where you each control one character. I really enjoy the environments of this game and the story aspects and these games are usually quite cheap during Steam sales.

I also really love survival games but I see you don't really have any on your suggestion list so I'll just quickly mention 7 Days to Die, Valheim, The Forest, Minecraft, and Ark Survival are all games I've got loads of hours of play time on, all of it with my partner. I would also suggest Pummel Party if you want a PC alternative to Mario Party. Lastly, Tick Tock: A Tale for Two is one of the games currently on my wishlist if you want to take a look at that one too.

I recently picked up Ages of Mages when it was on sale, and I'd recommend it.

The Trine series was mentioned...I love the Trine games, so I'd highly recommend these. Trine 3 is a little different (they tried to change it up from a 2.5D series to 3D series...and it didn't go over well), so unless you're planning on buying the Trine bundle that has all 4 games I'd recommend skipping part 3. Sadly, they ran out of money so the game ends about mid way through the story...Trine 4 doesn't even pick up where 3 was left unfinished...it stands as its own entry in the series from a story prespective.

You might like the new WarioWare, especially if you like more chaotic games. There’s a bit of a learning curve for each level, but it makes for some great fun.

It Takes Two - Have this on my to-play list, action adventure co-op. Have heard great things!

It Takes Two is amazing, and it's from the same people as A Way Out!

I am following this thread for recommendations also. 😅

My boyfriend and I had a lot of fun with:

Resident Evil 5
Little Big Planet 1 and 2
It Takes Two (same people who made A Way Out)
Fantasy Life*
Triforce Heroes*
Overcooked
Borderlands
Left 4 Dead*
Fall Guys*

Currently, we are playing Guacamelee, which has been pretty fun, but it's not a perfect co-op experience to be honest.
Post automatically merged:

Oh oops! I didn't realize you asked specifically for couch co-op games 😅 A few that I suggested are online multiplayer. Let me just put a * on the online only ones

Looks like you're enjoying some co-op puzzle games (though I find a lot of couch co-op games are anyway). Here are a few I've enjoyed and would recommend:

ibb & obb (Switch/PC) - solid gravity-themed puzzle game
Biped (Switch/PC/PS4) - was laughing the entire time through this

Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime (PC/Switch/PS4) is a lot of fun too. One player focuses on controlling the cannons/weapons while the other is focused on steering the ship as you navigate through a colorful space.

If you both like platformers, Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze for the Switch is still one of my favorites. Solid all-around - music, level design, and fairly challenging.

I really recommend The Forest if your into wilderness/ survival. It’s pretty creepy too, I haven’t finished the story yet but it seems really cool and interesting!

It Takes Two is amazing, and it's from the same people as A Way Out!

I am following this thread for recommendations also. 😅
My boyfriend and I had a lot of fun with:

Resident Evil 5
Little Big Planet 1 and 2
It Takes Two (same people who made A Way Out)
Fantasy Life*
Triforce Heroes*
Overcooked
Borderlands
Left 4 Dead*
Fall Guys*

Currently, we are playing Guacamelee, which has been pretty fun, but it's not a perfect co-op experience to be honest.
Post automatically merged:

Oh oops! I didn't realize you asked specifically for couch co-op games 😅 A few that I suggested are online multiplayer. Let me just put a * on the online only ones

LEGO - Depending on what franchises you like, they can be pretty good. Usually collectathon esque games
BattleBlock Theater - Made by the same studio as Castle Crashers, platforming game with good humour
Don't Starve Together - Wilderness survival game

If horror is your thing I would also recommend left 4 dead

We decided to get It Takes Two, we're waiting on it to come in the mail. Looks really intriguing, I bet I'm going to love it,. Thanks for the suggestion!

I started playing couch co-op Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity, based on @DarkDesertFox's recommendation in this thread, and I highly recommend it!

I went into the game without watching any gameplay or knowing the concept at all, and I wasn't expecting much, but it's been really good!

I found It Takes Two really enthralling and I didn't want to put it down. Hyrule Warriors is really easy to pick up and put down when you have some time. I'm enjoying it a lot! Player 1 controls the map, but it's horizontal split screen, so player 2 has a lot of freedom. 😍

Also just thought I'd mention I bought Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze at the same time, and the art is really cute, but I didn't love the two player mode. I found that Player 1 can basically complete each stage without Player 2 doing anything, which takes away from the two player experience for me. It's still cute and I'll probably play it again, but I'm not in a rush to complete it. 😊🦍

And I just thought of it, but Kirby Star Allies is also a really cute couch co-op that I forgot, and I recommend that too. You do actually need both players! I'm pretty sure there is a demo version on the Nintendo store by the way (at least there was when I bought it). 😊🌟

Thank you for the suggestions everyone!

Back