Come dream of Ice Cap, an all penguin Arctic town!

This town is beautiful. Simply beautiful.

I love the pattern work, for a start, it's just perfect. The icebergs floating in water are just perfect for a penguin themed town! The pathing's all very clear, too, guiding you to pretty much all the PwPs and houses.

OMG PENGUINS!!! I love the penguins in this game and its so nice to see them all in one town together (and I got to visit my dreamie, Aurora, which was totally awesome). The placement of their houses is really nice too (is that all legit!? XD).

The playable character homes are nice too (even though I only went in two of them...) even if they are a WIP. They really fit the "icy, penguin" theme.

Overall I adore this town. Its so preeeettttyyyy~

I'm off to visit your squirrel town, Nutkin, now. I have nothing better to do. :)

Wow, thank you so much for saying such lovely things about Ice Cap! It really made me happy reading such great feedback. I hope that you'll enjoy your dream of Nutkin half as much as you did Ice Cap.

- - - Post Merge - - -

It's so adorable! I love your stair path design. It looks so awesome!

Thank you so much! <3

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'll visit it in a bit. Love the rest of your towns so I can't wait!

Aw, very kind of you, I hope that it lives up to expectations!

Where to begin...

This town is AMAZING!

The patterns are perfectly put together. The snow and the town tune really fit. The PWPs are so cleverly placed and the atmosphere is astounding! Even the flowers and bushes are perfectly aligned and color coordinated. I've never seen a town as beautiful as this one, ever. I'm just obsessing about everything about it! Plus, AHHhhHHhHHhHh PENGUINS! They're all so chubby and adorable. All of their houses are placed perfectly. (I can only imagine how long you had to plot reset for it to turn out so well) And I really enjoyed the puns the characters had to say, I always get a kick out of those.

Long story short. 10/10 best town I've ever visited so far. And I'm sure it'll stay that way,

What a cute town. I like the patterns used on the ground. Makes it really unique. Great PWP choices. I've never seen Sprinkle in a town before, she is adorable.

The houses look nice too :D

Where to begin...

This town is AMAZING!

The patterns are perfectly put together. The snow and the town tune really fit. The PWPs are so cleverly placed and the atmosphere is astounding! Even the flowers and bushes are perfectly aligned and color coordinated. I've never seen a town as beautiful as this one, ever. I'm just obsessing about everything about it! Plus, AHHhhHHhHHhHh PENGUINS! They're all so chubby and adorable. All of their houses are placed perfectly. (I can only imagine how long you had to plot reset for it to turn out so well) And I really enjoyed the puns the characters had to say, I always get a kick out of those.

Long story short. 10/10 best town I've ever visited so far. And I'm sure it'll stay that way,

Oh my goodness, you really are much too kind! Thank you so much for visiting and giving such awesome feedback! Hearing all that really brightened my day -- I'm so happy you liked it so much!

- - - Post Merge - - -

What a cute town. I like the patterns used on the ground. Makes it really unique. Great PWP choices. I've never seen Sprinkle in a town before, she is adorable.

The houses look nice too :D

Thank you very much for taking the time to visit! Yes, Sprinkle is an absolute doll -- she definitely has a way of livening up a town. :)

I just visited your town, and I think it was really awesome! Very beautiful landscaping!!

d614cc41608cd4ce34d02635de65f0c5.png

So the tiling is kinda okay if I squint or something, I guess. (jk, it's magnificent and clever)

8520390ab9e498f954becce4b9cd6de4.png

This may not fulfill my dream of being a penguin, but it'll do for now.

b386defee58e7a47c77a510a9d07772a.png

This is probably the best part of town, imo. Not just this but all the other illuminated PWPs I couldn't get into the screenshot.

b0df2b0be968609c9369f4d9fa5d7a77.png

There's only one mitten, so now I have to choose which hand I use the most. Although that mitten is gigantic.

5f69e58d5871a80be20de6e6804b1983.png

Cube! He was my favorite villager in the GC game, and I haven't seen him at all in New Leaf till now. He's so chill.

11e1dae213a479c78f05c8b1207717f8.png

Almost fell in.

6e9f74d6484a79c7607e984558663b6c.png

It's like a giant frowny face, which coincidentally was my reaction to the fact that the geysers weren't in sync.

dd93987deafbac461aea829d585cc617.png

Tex was the last penguin villager I met, and the only one I haven't seen till now ever. Cool dude.

26558b5d258c21da66541127308397c1.png

In the future, everything is shiny.

421513619a8134c749bbf6cdf825842c.png

Whoa. Totally steali- I mean borrowing this decor. Borrowing, yeah.

2240223dab297ac99bd19577e9ce1244.png

I have no wetsuit, and I must swim.

964d7da4cc3b843a6ef0cc92d6635ec6.png

I got stranded! Send help. And cookies.

Ice Cap is simply amazing. I've loved all of your towns so far, so my hopes for this one were pretty high, and it didn't disappoint. The tiling is clever and superb, everything's arranged neatly, and even though the houses are in progress, they look fantastic. Wonderful, wonderful winter wonderland.

Town of Ice cap.

I think you and I think too much alike. I had seen this ice pattern a while back and told my daughter that I would love to use it in a town and have all penguin villagers.lol. I love this pattern and I'm so glad you of all people have used it. I enjoy your towns so very much.

The lighted arches are gorgeous.I like that you used ore in a few places. Ahh, that town flag is adorable. Best looking campsite EVER. I think I will move into this lovely winter wonderland of gorgousness.lol. I'm having a great time meeting all the villagers. Theres a few I have not met before.

Borealis's house- Great character name, and it's so cute how you dressed the characters like penguins.I love this room so much. It's absolutely perfect.

Polaris's house- Great job on this one too. Everything is perfect. I love the carpet and walls you chose for that furniture.

Crystals house- This character is my favorite. I love her hair. Every room is a joy to visit. The downstairs is so unique, and the right room is adorable. Love it.

Tundra's house- Once again. Great job.

I had a blast in your ice dream town. I oohed and ahhed the entire time. I love your other towns, but I think this is my fave so far. Let me know when Nutkin is ready for viewing. I know it will be great. I'm so glad you shared this. I'll be visiting again and again.

d614cc41608cd4ce34d02635de65f0c5.png

So the tiling is kinda okay if I squint or something, I guess. (jk, it's magnificent and clever)

8520390ab9e498f954becce4b9cd6de4.png

This may not fulfill my dream of being a penguin, but it'll do for now.

b386defee58e7a47c77a510a9d07772a.png

This is probably the best part of town, imo. Not just this but all the other illuminated PWPs I couldn't get into the screenshot.

b0df2b0be968609c9369f4d9fa5d7a77.png

There's only one mitten, so now I have to choose which hand I use the most. Although that mitten is gigantic.

5f69e58d5871a80be20de6e6804b1983.png

Cube! He was my favorite villager in the GC game, and I haven't seen him at all in New Leaf till now. He's so chill.

11e1dae213a479c78f05c8b1207717f8.png

Almost fell in.

6e9f74d6484a79c7607e984558663b6c.png

It's like a giant frowny face, which coincidentally was my reaction to the fact that the geysers weren't in sync.

dd93987deafbac461aea829d585cc617.png

Tex was the last penguin villager I met, and the only one I haven't seen till now ever. Cool dude.

26558b5d258c21da66541127308397c1.png

In the future, everything is shiny.

421513619a8134c749bbf6cdf825842c.png

Whoa. Totally steali- I mean borrowing this decor. Borrowing, yeah.

2240223dab297ac99bd19577e9ce1244.png

I have no wetsuit, and I must swim.

964d7da4cc3b843a6ef0cc92d6635ec6.png

I got stranded! Send help. And cookies.

Ice Cap is simply amazing. I've loved all of your towns so far, so my hopes for this one were pretty high, and it didn't disappoint. The tiling is clever and superb, everything's arranged neatly, and even though the houses are in progress, they look fantastic. Wonderful, wonderful winter wonderland.

Ahh, this was such a treat to read! So great to see you document your travels in Ice Cap -- you had me laughing several times and smiling the whole way through. Thank you to the tenth power!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Town of Ice cap.

I think you and I think too much alike. I had seen this ice pattern a while back and told my daughter that I would love to use it in a town and have all penguin villagers.lol. I love this pattern and I'm so glad you of all people have used it. I enjoy your towns so very much.

The lighted arches are gorgeous.I like that you used ore in a few places. Ahh, that town flag is adorable. Best looking campsite EVER. I think I will move into this lovely winter wonderland of gorgousness.lol. I'm having a great time meeting all the villagers. Theres a few I have not met before.

Borealis's house- Great character name, and it's so cute how you dressed the characters like penguins.I love this room so much. It's absolutely perfect.

Polaris's house- Great job on this one too. Everything is perfect. I love the carpet and walls you chose for that furniture.

Crystals house- This character is my favorite. I love her hair. Every room is a joy to visit. The downstairs is so unique, and the right room is adorable. Love it.

Tundra's house- Once again. Great job.

I had a blast in your ice dream town. I oohed and ahhed the entire time. I love your other towns, but I think this is my fave so far. Let me know when Nutkin is ready for viewing. I know it will be great. I'm so glad you shared this. I'll be visiting again and again.
Aw, GreatBrain, your words never fail to life my spirits. I think you already know how much I admire the creative brilliance that is at work in all of your towns, so hearing your comments always gives me an extra boost.

Haha, we must be operating on the same wavelength to have the same idea with those iceberg patterns! I would be more than happy to make you an honorary member of Ice Cap -- you're welcome any time.

You will definitely be among the first to know when Nutkin is in tip-top shape - after all, you were the one that christened it! It's very nearly there, but there a few little details I'd like to iron out before officially announcing it to the community. Thank you again for everything, I'm beyond thrilled that Ice Cap could elicit such an overwhelmingly positive response.

Last edited:
Thanks Silvershroud. I would love to be an honorary member. :)

Can't wait to see Nutkin when it's finished. And thanks for the compliments on my towns. You made my day. :)

Really a fan of winter towns, dreaming of yours now!

HNI_0081.JPG
First impression: Loving the water and pieces of ice! Really clever to just put only your treesflowers/PWPs on ice. All the wintery paths tie in really well together.

HNI_0083.JPG
Using the silver/sapphire gems as outdoor decorations is also really neat!

HNI_0088.JPG
The isolated camping area with the fire pit feels super cozy.

HNI_0094.JPG
Wow, I just love how cozy Borealis' house feels. It really looks similar to one of my character's houses, but the warm red exterior totally does not prepare you for the inside design. The flooring matches super well with the customized cabin furniture, and the arctic camo/clothing patterns you picked out also look awesome! Really different and a clever take on all those cabin houses out there. One of my favorite rooms.

HNI_0090.JPG
Love how well the round streetlight goes with your town. If you're not maxed out on PWPs, maybe you could place more of these around town?

HNI_0097.JPG
Your rooms are awesome in Polaris' house too. Just a small thing, but this room looks a bit sparse/empty in the front, so maybe you could put some more furniture there?

HNI_0098.JPG
Crystal's basement is also one of my favorite rooms! The penguin eggs are so adorable. :')

HNI_0082.JPG
One of the only comments I have is regarding the water paths right next to the river. I feel like it's kind of weird to have water paths directly next to an actual water feature on the map, especially if the textures don't really match up, if that make sense? Maybe removing the paths near the river edges would make more sense logically, but this is just me rambling.

Another thing: Maybe you could utilize some furniture that you can get from campsite NPCs? Since it's a penguin town, I think the campfire/fish grill would look really good if you could incorporate it into a house. You could maybe also think about using furniture like the hibachi/hearth too.

This town was just really awesome as a whole. A lot of thought, effort, and creativity clearly went into laying out the patterns and designing the houses. The penguin villagers are all super cute, and I love how your characters look like penguins too. :)

I also posted a dream town thread about the winter town I've been working on, and I'd love it if you could check it out and give me some tips/pointers/criticism and see if you can figure out the specific winter theme! Diana's house/Clara's house make a lot more sense once you do. The thread is here: http://www.belltreeforums.com/showthread.php?318988-Visit-my-winter-themed-dream-town!!.

Last edited:
I just visited. This is AMAZING!! It is so beautiful! The paths are incredible, the flower colours are perfect, the gemstones add such a nice touch...everything is simply stunning. Even your houses are such nicely decorated! I have no idea how you managed to get the villager plots so perfectly but wow! Incredible job! :D

Really a fan of winter towns, dreaming of yours now!

View attachment 145718
First impression: Loving the water and pieces of ice! Really clever to just put only your treesflowers/PWPs on ice. All the wintery paths tie in really well together.

View attachment 145720
Using the silver/sapphire gems as outdoor decorations is also really neat!

View attachment 145722
The isolated camping area with the fire pit feels super cozy.

View attachment 145725
Wow, I just love how cozy Borealis' house feels. It really looks similar to one of my character's houses, but the warm red exterior totally does not prepare you for the inside design. The flooring matches super well with the customized cabin furniture, and the arctic camo/clothing patterns you picked out also look awesome! Really different and a clever take on all those cabin houses out there. One of my favorite rooms.

View attachment 145724
Love how well the round streetlight goes with your town. If you're not maxed out on PWPs, maybe you could place more of these around town?

View attachment 145727
Your rooms are awesome in Polaris' house too. Just a small thing, but this room looks a bit sparse/empty in the front, so maybe you could put some more furniture there?

View attachment 145728
Crystal's basement is also one of my favorite rooms! The penguin eggs are so adorable. :')

View attachment 145719
One of the only comments I have is regarding the water paths right next to the river. I feel like it's kind of weird to have water paths directly next to an actual water feature on the map, especially if the textures don't really match up, if that make sense? Maybe removing the paths near the river edges would make more sense logically, but this is just me rambling.

Another thing: Maybe you could utilize some furniture that you can get from campsite NPCs? Since it's a penguin town, I think the campfire/fish grill would look really good if you could incorporate it into a house. You could maybe also think about using furniture like the hibachi/hearth too.

This town was just really awesome as a whole. A lot of thought, effort, and creativity clearly went into laying out the patterns and designing the houses. The penguin villagers are all super cute, and I love how your characters look like penguins too. :)

I also posted a dream town thread about the winter town I've been working on, and I'd love it if you could check it out and give me some tips/pointers/criticism and see if you can figure out the specific winter theme! Diana's house/Clara's house make a lot more sense once you do. The thread is here: http://www.belltreeforums.com/showthread.php?318988-Visit-my-winter-themed-dream-town!!.

Thank you so much for the visit and all the excellent insights you provided. Your suggestions are super helpful and I plan on putting them into effect the next time I update. I'm hoping that I still have PWPs to work with in order to add more round streetlights (it's amazing how quickly you hit that 30 PWP mark isn't it?) as well as adding to several of the player's rooms. The fish grill / hearth items are a great idea for an existing or future room!

I am definitely going to visit your dream town as soon as possible. I can't wait to see, and I hope that I can be half as helpful in my comments are you were in yours! :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

I just visited. This is AMAZING!! It is so beautiful! The paths are incredible, the flower colours are perfect, the gemstones add such a nice touch...everything is simply stunning. Even your houses are such nicely decorated! I have no idea how you managed to get the villager plots so perfectly but wow! Incredible job! :D

Thank you so very much! I'm so happy that you enjoyed your dream. <3

Back