• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Clickbait (OMG GONE MISLEADING)

AkiddoRBTwentySix

We are The Prodigy.
Bells
Switch
2950-7468-8691
User Title Color Change (Seashells)
Tasty Cake
If a game is well-received, you know that it's bound to have a lot of clickbaity content that involve either mods or some editing trickery.

And I thought GTA: San Andreas had it. Because someone by the name of GameSam, actually does make these, I'd call him the Deryon of Animal Crossing.

Screenshot_20231024_134411_YouTube.jpg

Do you know any other AC clickbaiters out there? Which one do you absolutely hate the most?

Big rant incoming:

PSA TO EVERYONE: Do your research before assuming videos/articles/political ads are always telling the truth! This applies to both this game and in real life!

That wasn’t directed at the OP obviously (they’re not easily fooled like me), but I really needed to make a statement. I’ve seen lots of clickbait stuff in regards to making bells/miles in the game, and most of it is just stuff I already know or has you pay real money to shady people. Like, come on. I can’t name anyone in particular, but just seeing thumbnails makes me cringe.

Clickbait material in general is just awful. It’s one of my biggest pet peeves ever, and is so easy to become fooled by. Whenever I see a red arrow like this, I immediately ignore the video or article:
IMG_5443.jpeg

The fact that this continues to be a major thing especially on YouTube, Facebook and Twitter/X worst company name change ever is just sad. Have people not learned by now? Well, clearly not, because the offenders make money off this tactic. People see the big red arrow, so they click on the ad/video/article that explains almost nothing, and the creator gets money anyways because of ads. Thank goodness for ad blockers because such creators shouldn’t deserve a thing from me.

And then YouTube decided to take away the dislike counter a year ago, so now you can never quickly tell if people found certain videos helpful or were just major targets for the advertisers to throw their money at. Well, guess what advertisers, those greedy YouTubers that tell you to like and subscribe every 20 seconds will not get my money because my ad blocker says you can’t tell me what to do.

Thank goodness I quit social media after my high school graduation. It’s too cancerous to continue to believe big fat lies.

I seen GameSam's videos and I want everyone to know they are using mods in their videos. So what you see in their videos is not ledgit. Sometimes they may think they discover something but then they use mods to trick you into thinking its ledgit. Creators like him would do anything to get views and attention. So like the person above me said "do your research"

Also there is another creator by the name "Popendo" who makes the same type of content GameSam does but they're worse because its them using mods but trying to fool everyone in the thumbnail. They are also known to steal content from other creators without their permission. So I highly advise to stay clear of this creator because they are very troublesome. They deleted most of their content after being called out by GameSam but I digress these creators have been at each others throat over who came up with the idea first and it just outlandish.

I seen GameSam's videos and I want everyone to know they are using mods in their videos. So what you see in their videos is not ledgit. Sometimes they may think they discover something but then they use mods to trick you into thinking its ledgit. Creators like him would do anything to get views and attention. So like the person above me said "do your research"

Also there is another creator by the name "Popendo" who makes the same type of content GameSam does but they're worse because its them using mods but trying to fool everyone in the thumbnail. They are also known to steal content from other creators without their permission. So I highly advise to stay clear of this creator because they are very troublesome. They deleted most of their content after being called out by GameSam but I digress these creators have been at each others throat over who came up with the idea first and it just outlandish.
My suspicions are correct! Thank you for sacrificing your time to verify if it's true or false.

I knew that he was just as bad as one of the GTA content clickbaiters since they both have a similar premise. But I do have a feeling there could be more clickbaiters in the YouTube gaming community who might post videos that feature mods and think it is real.

I liked the rumors in the 90s and early 2000s with video game findings like do x and x and find or get x. One that comes to mind strongly is pokemon crystal glitches and glitch rumors. For many people it would be pokemon red/blue/yellow, or games on the nes/SNES. Clickbaity video stuff with mods and things are just sad. I ignore stuff like that so I normally don't find it in my YouTube feed. But I feel like that is the replacement and is way less magical. Most ac clickbaiters I run across are people who act like Nintendo broke news on more ac updates or new AC game info.

Most ac clickbaiters I run across are people who act like Nintendo broke news on more ac updates or new AC game info.
This so much, it's so annoying when I run into those with very clickbait-y titles or thumbnails acting like something new has been added and they're just making stuff up. It always gets my hopes up even though I know better 😔

Back