Cisphobia

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol I'm not **** I just see all these posts and people but you can leave the forums if you want kiddo

are you like 8 years old you're ruining the civil discussion we're having none of what you said even makes sense

Last edited:
are you like 8 years old you're ruining the civil discussion we're having none of what you said even makes sense

I just came here and asked somebody a question and then you start attacking me so :'''''')

Yeah that's true.
I guess cisphobia exists in the literal sense of "fearing cis people", though usually when people talk about cisphobia they refer to it as this super horrible mass-cis-hate that's "as bad as transphobia" and that's why I'm like um no stop talking.

Yeah, that's true.

personally I'm sjw and cisphobe and heterophobe and we have serious beliefs

edit: sjw-kin for the win

Last edited:
I guess i kinda think it doesn't exist.
I mean a real phobia has you basically crippled in fear. So yeah i think people are over using the word phobia in regards to lgbt.

I guess I'm starting to see why people say those things, but it's still stupid in my opinion. Idk though maybe it's just because I have a thick skin when it comes to hate towards my identity? Like it doesn't really get to me at all so I don't really know what it's like? Idk idk maybe I'm just blind lmao

- - - Post Merge - - -

I guess i kinda think it doesn't exist.
I mean a real phobia has you basically crippled in fear. So yeah i think people are over using the word phobia in regards to lgbt.

Good point. It is pretty overused. When I was younger I always thought "homophobia" literally meant you had a crippling fear of gay people and I didn't understand it lmao

Last edited:
Good point. It is pretty overused. When I was younger I always thought "homophobia" literally meant you had a crippling fear of gay people lmao

In a sense, it is a fear.

When you're around homophobic people, a lot of their motivation for their actions are drawn out by, most commonly, the fear that gay people will do gay things to other people or make other people do gay things.

This is why in my opinion, there is a very radical difference between "homophobic", "transphobic", (read: bigoted), and ignorant.

I guess I'm starting to see why people say those things, but it's still stupid in my opinion. Idk though maybe it's just because I have a thick skin when it comes to hate towards my identity? Like it doesn't really get to me at all so I don't really know what it's like? Idk idk maybe I'm just blind lmao

this in a way.
i think transphobia is messed up and i'll call your ass out on it everyday i have to, but like, i get hate for being transgender all the time, especially related to the bell tree community, but like they don't bother me because i think they're all kids or bigots. but i'm still going to call them out for it, so it usually ends up with people saying "oh no you're too sensitive guess you need trigger warnings." over and over again.

so no, i don't think you're blind. hate is still there, but you just don't let it effect you and that's great. gem, you're awesome.

At the risk of sounding dumb, like a real question though.
How can you be cisphobe or transpobe when you don't even know people. Like are they afraid of all people for in case or only once they get to know them?

At the risk of sounding dumb, like a real question though.
How can you be cisphobe or transpobe when you don't even know people. Like are they afraid of all people for in case or only once they get to know them?

trans?pho?bi?a
intense dislike of or prejudice against transsexual or transgender people.

is what it's use for. it's not really "being horrifically afraid of trans people" it's just hate and prejudice against trans people of any kind.
and whole phobe part throws people off.

Last edited:
trans?pho?bi?a
intense dislike of or prejudice against transsexual or transgender people.

is what it's use for. it's not really "being horrifically afraid of trans people" it's just hate and prejudice against trans people of any kind.
and whole phobe part throws people off.

Oh i see. Just a horribly overused term imo i guess

no offense but @ cis ppl are you actually offended by down with cis memes or stuff like that...

LMAO I KNOW

we're offending the poor cis peoples feelings their fragile, fragile feelings and constant state of feeling threatened

- - - Post Merge - - -

Most likely. Anyone would be offended by something like that directed towards a part of who they are.

pal. trans people have to deal with stuff like that every day. cis people are such babies lmao

- - - Post Merge - - -

this thread is great for me to openly voice my cisphobia

- - - Post Merge - - -

someone!! respond to me!! fight with me!! hate on me!!!

no offense but @ cis ppl are you actually offended by down with cis memes or stuff like that...

As someone who used to get offended by it, it's kind of like... god how do I put it...

As a cis person we try to better ourselves to be better allies, and we know we screw up with that a lot, but sometimes it can be difficult to see a lot of these jokes and not take it personally. Like, when you're working on undoing very bad thoughts that have been instilled into you for so many years, seeing these jokes made it very hard to not feel like it was being thrown in my face.

I've gotten over that though, but that's just how it used to be for me.

LMAO I KNOW

we're offending the poor cis peoples feelings their fragile, fragile feelings and constant state of feeling threatened

this thread is great for me to openly voice my cisphobia

You're going to get the thread closed. Please stop that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back