Changing the way we use TBT! MASSIVE CHANGE TO MARKETPLACE, NEW PRICING GUIDE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took one year of economics class and almost failed, so my credibility with this stuff ain't that good, but I haven't really heard of an economy being driven by petitions...

As a lot have said, markets are driven by supply and demand, and this function depends on whatever invisible hand controls the economy. Ultimately, no one can control the flow of the market. (Unless you're the government-- you can make price changes, I guess, but that's out of context.)
This huge drop from 1:200,000 to 1:25,000 is not going to work, and it will honestly break the market. If you want to make changes, do it slowly. Go from 1:200,000 to 1:190,000 or something like that and see what changes in the market may take place and whether it's good or bad. I remember the analogy of my teacher this way-- in cooking a live frog, you don't go from 0 degrees to, say, 50 degrees real quick, or else the frog will notice and flee. You cook a live frog by slowly increasing the temperature. Same goes for the market-- if you want to make changes, do so in small ways. Sell stuff slightly higher, but not too high. If no one complains, increase it a bit more. See what the limit of the market is, or to what extent the market will go for this certain item. The demand and supply function varies with increasing problems and factors, so try experimenting changes in prices and supply.
Also, I believe the reason why the value of IGB is so low is because of hackers and such and so on. Maybe we won't eliminate all the cheaters, but increasing prices only gives them the upper hand. Hackers will eventually battle out for low prices (to increase demand) and eventually the market will return to its low-IGB-value state. Really nothing you can do with this; maybe switch to a different business? Probably don't force yourself to invest in something that you know won't work out well for you. Unless you want to, of course, but profit-wise if you're just going to complain about the market values, just switch to a different shop.

I can't say much for collectibles. You're not really going to get anywhere by screaming at sellers/hoarders that their prices are too high. By rule of free-market economy, the market will fix itself.
Also, if you're truly dedicated into getting that collectible, you're going to have to work hard. Nothing worth having comes easy. :)

Again, not saying I'm right because economics was one of my worsts, but these are my two cents. ^^;

Hmm, maybe you're all right. I think that my suggested change might be too much all at once, and perhaps the lack of decent prices isn't because of hackers, but because a lack of demand.

The reason I didn't apply real-world economic policies is because in the real world, we don't have to deal with people making infinite goods for nothing and killing buying prices, which I truly believed was the cause for the ridiculous value of TBT. maybe it's just a case of supply and demand, who knows?

Anyhow, you've all given me a lot to think about, but I'm going to go ahead and close this thread. TBT is supposed to be a friendly place for us all to gather and share common interests, and there's too much flame going on for my liking. Before I go, however, let me just say this: this wasn't a petition, this was a reaction test. I wanted to see if people would react favorably or unfavorably to such a change. Having seen the replies, there's a lot of people saying yes, and even more saying no, so I don't know how to feel about all of this. Thank you all for your input, I appreciate everything that's been said here. it's helped me test the waters and find out all of your thoughts on the issue.

Closed~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back