• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Change name or delete account

Hi!

You can definitely change your username! When you first joined TBT you would have received some "seashells" currency. As long as you haven't spent these, you can use them in the Shop to buy a username change. 😊

Also, making another account with a new username isn’t recommended. You can change your username with a username change from the shop. It costs a lot of bells, so hopefully you still have your seashells.

Hello. I purchased a User Name Change with my shells, but I can't figure out how to change my name on here. Please help? I feel so foolish haha!

Hello. I purchased a User Name Change with my shells, but I can't figure out how to change my name on here. Please help? I feel so foolish haha!
I haven’t changed my username in a long time, but isn’t there a configure option when you go in your inventory? Staff have to manually change your name to my knowledge, so it be won’t be immediate after you configure.

Also, making another account with a new username isn’t recommended.
isn't recommended, more like is strictly against the rules
da rulez said:
5. Accounts
  • An individual person should only own and use a single account, and an account should only be used by a single person.
  • You must be at least 13 years of age to register on and use the forum.
  • Account switches are not allowed unless under extraordinary circumstances and must be approved by the staff.
  • If you made more than one account by mistake, please continue using only your original one and contact the staff so they can disable the others.
  • An account that exists solely to benefit another account in terms of bell and collectible gifts will be treated the same as an alternate account.
  • You are responsible for what's posted by your account, so be sure to log out if other people use your computer to visit The Bell Tree.
  • An account will not be deleted upon request unless it has fewer than 12 posts. However, when there are serious privacy concerns or potential for real-world harm, your username or specific posted content may be edited as a courtesy.

Back