• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Can't access a 10th villager, would like assistance.

Iwouldlikehelp

Bells
Hello, this is my first post on really any forum so I apologize if I don't do it properly. I have a problem I can't seem to access a 10th villager, as none seem to be appearing in my campsite or on islands. I talk to Tom Nook to see if I can build the tenth house but no option comes up. I don't have the kit to build the home in my inventory and, as far as I can tell, you can't drop it. I am also confident that there is not a plot built on my island as I've scanned it over a few times now. The last villager I had in my camp was a cute red squirrel that I would have liked.

I'm quite far into the game so I'd rather not start over, I've finished my fossil hunt and I've got a couple of million bells (not exactly legally), so starting over seems like it would be more frustrating, and tedious than rewarding. I've found no help for this problem online so I was hoping someone on here might see this and either know what to do or help me stumble across a fix. I'll be checking periodically to give more details or whatnot because I'd quite like this fixed.

Thank you very much,

You said that you are far into the game so you have the three star island rating and you've had the KK Slider concert?

You said that you are far into the game so you have the three star island rating and you've had the KK Slider concert?
I'm quite far to the point where I only really have aesthetic things to do as well as finish the fish and insects. At that time I suppose I never thought that the max number of "residents" would be 11, counting myself. I assumed it was an even ten until my girlfriend told me I was missing a plot, and now I'm unable to do anything to fix that.

I'm more partial to rogue-likes and actiony games so I don't exactly manage life-sims the best, so I really just did a lot of fossil hunting.

Go with Tom and ask to buy a new Plot. If you already unlock terraforming and got K.K. Slider there's no way you stuck with just 9.

The campsite is entirely random, so it's not unusual to go looooong lengths of time without seeing a visitor. I think there is a point in which you stop meeting new villagers on island tours, but I don't remember exactly what that was. In any case, as long as you don't already have the ten villagers, you can always talk to Tom Nook to get another plot. Note, however, that you can't decrease the number of villagers through legitimate means, so if you're a person who really cares about which specific villagers you get, then consider carefully before you do this.

Unfortunately, as I stated before Tom doesn't give me the option to purchase a 10th plot, I believe not even when I have a villager in my camp. I've even gone back just now to see and I only get the "what should I do now?" "my house" and "layout changes" options. You are probably correct on the island tours point though as I haven't been able to find any that way.
I'm sorry I took so long to reply I'm lazy, but I would still like assistance.

Could you perhaps take a picture of your island map with villagers, and maybe your inventory too? If you have your 6th-9th villager, you should naturally be able to get a 10th too. Not sure why you aren't able to :0

Maybe look into your inventory/storage to make sure you didn't pick up the plot kit and accidentally store it?

Or possibly just do things that might progress the game, in case it's a bug/glitch? Ex- try to do things like upgrading house, make sure you have the campground, resident services building, etc. Improve the star rating if it's really low?

And then maybe do some of those opening ceremonies if you haven't?

Sometimes if it's a glitch, the oddest thing can trigger the fix...sorry not to be of much help.

Which islands are you going to? Villagers definitely don't show up on the Kapp'n boat tour islands.

Back