• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

can you still play online if you are playing the Wii U port of ACWW?

oddbear

why he so scrunkly
Bells
Switch
5376-1481-6904
Nook's Fancy Turnip
Tasty Cake
Tin Robot
Tricolored Puppy Plush
Green Candy
i just noticed that people are playing wild world online, and i want to as well, but i have a few questions about how it works.

1.) can you play online still if you are playing the Wii U port of wild world?
i only just got the game last year on Wii U and i was wondering if you can play with other users if you are playing that port. if you have to exchange friend codes, how will that work between a Wii U and a nintendo ds?

2.) i thought nintendo wi-fi connection was canceled?
correct me if i'm wrong, but i'm pretty sure that wild world uses nintendo wi-fi connection and that was canceled. is this a hack?

1) No. They disabled all multiplayer functionality in the Wii U VC edition of Wild World.
2) Yes, Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection is no more. Some people are still able to connect online using Wiimmfi, which is essentially a replacement server for WFC.

1) No. They disabled all multiplayer functionality in the Wii U VC edition of Wild World.
2) Yes, Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection is no more. Some people are still able to connect online using Wiimmfi, which is essentially a replacement server for WFC.
that sucks :,)
i kinda wanted to play online
oh well, i'll just play new leaf online

I still play daily online with Wiimmfi. It's actually a very popular replacement. I play not only wild world online. I've played several games and some quite often. Best bet is to join an active Wiimmfi discord server so you can still buy and trade online. I've joined several servers, some general gaming, some specific to certain ds games like Mario kart DS and ACWW. You can even check Wiimmfi website to see who is online. You can play Wii games and DS games online via this replacement. It's very much alive and kicking.

It also works with emulators and røms. I use an old school flashcard and ACWW works online too.

Back