• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Can you have two or more of the same villager in your town?

My guess is that they automatically don't talk about moving in or open themselves to your suggesting it.

I also assume no. There probably is a special dialogue for it, but your 3DS could also implode and form a black hole, Idk.

I guess it'd be sort of along the same lines as having to go through 16 villagers before you can get a villager again. It recognizes that the specific villager's data is still saved in your card so you can't have the same data on there twice. I actually have no idea what I'm talking about.

I wish you could though. Everyone come visit Tadfield, the town with 10 Kyles!

i dont think you can O.O it'd be boring if we have the same villagers though

Last edited:
lol this reminds me of that one dream town that ONLY has roald in it. theres only 1 villager house and it's roald. :D

No, but you can get a town pretty much all of the same personality. For awhile, my town was pretty much all peppy.

nah, if you've seen a town like that it was hack. (i once went to a town with only wendys, i was like O_O')

image.jpg
Of course you can!! :p

Ok no not really. The closest you can come is April Fool's Day~

I really don't think that you can do that, your 3DS would probably end up imploding or something. Plus, the only time you can have more than one of the same villager is April Fools Day, I think.

I'm pretty sure if you go to a town with a villager in boxes (a villager that's already in your town) and talk to them it won't give you the option to ask them to move into your town. You can talk to them but you're not given the option to ask them to move in (just like when you have 10 villagers in your town and talk to a villager in the campsite).

I'm pretty sure if you go to a town with a villager in boxes (a villager that's already in your town) and talk to them it won't give you the option to ask them to move into your town. You can talk to them but you're not given the option to ask them to move in (just like when you have 10 villagers in your town and talk to a villager in the campsite).

Basically this. They don't give you the option to invite them over nor will the same villager appear in your campsite.

yeah, or the same dialogue if they are still in your void i think.
it would be kinda odd if you had lolly on one side of your town and another lolly on the other side of the town lol

Back