• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

can you beat HHD?

my-peculiar-dream

(❁´◡`❁)
Bells
New Horizons Token
was wondering if you could beat happy home designer?

i have the game, but i never really played it that much. my activity log says 15 hours, it was always definitely quite forced to try and enjoy playing it. i really just designed ... shops..? in the main street? and some villager houses.

oh my gosh, i never knew about the activity log til now
i just checked and apparently i have 263 hours on hhd 😅

i never did finish making all the houses but i spent ages building and redecorating all the buildings in the street
i think once you've built all the main buildings, you've finished the story
the houses are more of a side thing, but even after all the time i spent on that game i barely remember it tbh

I too would like to know what happens when you complete all of the homes in HHD.

If you finish all the main buildings, it plays the credits.

But yeah, I never finished all the villager houses. I wonder what happens...

In terms of making every house, nothing happens. Animals don't appear in front of Nook's Homes anymore, though they roam Main Street with their typical non-thought bubble dialog. All you can do is just remodel villager houses or facilities.

You can beat hhd, it’s just that now you can only remodel homes and other lots. That’s it.

I think the only way to beat it would be to complete all the buildings and all the villagers houses - which I can imagine would take a very long time. After that there wouldn't be much else other than to re-do those buildings and houses.

i spent sooo much time on it i think i have like 350 hours. i almost finished every house buti haven't fully beaten it yet

I don't think it's possible to 'beat' this game.
You can ultimately customize everything and tailor it to your liking. But I haven't sat down and chugged through 400 animals to be honest!

Basically you can finish mainstreet which is the main "goal" but you can also get EVERY SINGLE VILLAGERS home remodeled. I know Isabelle and Lottie have some special dialogue after you get every single house but it has been a bit so I may make a new save and do it again! But in the end there really is no "thanks for finishing everything and this game is over!" situation in HHD.

Back