• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Can villagers change their minds?

Adelee

<3
Bells
Pear (Fruit)
Orange (Fruit)
Yellow Candy
October Birthstone (Opal)
So .. Muffy asked to move out a few days ago, and i decided to let her go because someone wanted her. I said she could move out and she was okay with that. Anyways. I just spoke to her again randomly and she brought up that she was moving again. I proceeded to tell her to take care to her moving out but then she turned round and changed her mind that she didnt want to move out anymore?

I had to quit my game without saving so she wouldnt stay.
SAYING THAT. Because i quit my game without saving after she decided to stay, will she still leave or stay? :/
Has anyone had this before? :c

Last edited:
I havent but thats pretty weird maybe it can happen but rarly

Yes, a few times. Lucy was going to move, and then I stupidly loaded up another character I had made in the town and when she told Lucy "See ya," Lucy said that she was going to stay and prove what friendship really was.

It happened with a few other of my villagers. I think that is why after saying they want to move and you say okay to them the first time, they ping you later and try to get you to talk by doing their little "potty dance."

It can be annoying!

She will still leave since you reset without saving. But yes, they do this a lot. Especially if you talk to them with a non-mayor character. I try to just stay far away from anyone who's moving out!

Ah, fair enough. Just got abit worried because i said someone could have her. I paniced because i'd never seen it before. Oh well. Guess i'll stay clear of Muffy for now .. :p

Yes, if you want someone to actually move NEVER ever speak to them again after they agree to move. If they ping you - leave. Do not speak to them with any character. I have been stuck with about 5 villagers because I spoke to them.

And if you need to speak to her (you have a delivery or something) and you're afraid you might get trapped again -- just save and continue first so you can reset if you have to, without losing any other progress.

She will still leave as long as you quit without saving. I accidentally talked to both Poncho and Scoot as they were moving out. It caused them to change their minds, so I did the exact same thing. They still left. :)

But yeah, I make it a habit of not talking to the villagers I want to move after they've decided to go now. It's hard to do sometimes though because I get so used to talking to them everyday.

I've had Cranky villagers in my past games tell me that they were moving and when I said it was okay for them to move....... THEY GOT ANGRY AND STAYED!

Since I haven't started ACNL with my new town yet..... I'm not sure what will happen.

Last edited:
Back