Can someone please explain this?!

Marshal is fine, there is a lot of love for him, and I don't know why either. I do have him in my town and he's a pretty cool guy. He's not SO cute but he has a certain look to him, his personality is great too (although a ton of other villagers are like him anyways). His house DOES have a lot of sloppy furniture in it though... and he can sell it to you if he invites you over, that's one reason why I like him, as shallow as that sounds, haha.

I see Monique is one of your dreamies, and she's not too popular, so why do you like her? Marshal's okay, but eh.

Monique reminds me of a 40s/50s movie star, I guess it's because she resembles Marylin Monroe. Plus, being that I'm a make up artist for a living, I love that she wears heavy make up. I think it's cool <3

- - - Post Merge - - -

He reminds me of Justin Bieber...

And for the record, I am not a fan of Justin Bieber or of Marshal.

I can totally see that! He looks all whiney and with that hair in his face lol

Monique reminds me of a 40s/50s movie star, I guess it's because she resembles Marylin Monroe. Plus, being that I'm a make up artist for a living, I love that she wears heavy make up. I think it's cool <3

Well, I guess the same goes for Marshal; he has a certain charm to him, or so I think. Again, I couldn't care less for him, but I also don't see what the big deal over Merengue is, either. I mean, she's cute, but being made of food is a bit... morbid. *shrug*

People have different opinions. I personally like Marshal, and I have him in my town, but I'm not obsessed. :) I don't exactly like other villagers that are popular, especially Merengue and Julian. *shivers* I despise rhinos(or whatever Merengue is) and I don't like Julian's look. I prefer less popular villagers, like Goldie or Roald.

I'm not CRAZY about Julian either but he's the only smug villager that I can really stand besides Tex but I don't want more than one penguin in my town. I really love Merengue though because I grew up in the Winter Strawberry Capital of the world and we're famous for our strawberry shortcake. Merengue literally makes me think of home <3

Maybe it's because he has hair. Idk he just looks like some K-pop dude that all the girls tend to crush on, or some kind of an anime guy as well. Although I think it's mainly because of his hair. Ironically I was wondering the same thing a minute ago.

He's in my town. Believe it or not, I'm trying to trade him for Pietro, the clown sheep that nobody likes eheheh.

Last edited:
I love Pietro

I love pietros wool SO MUCH being rainbow but when he turns around My eye starts to twitch.
;_; hes almost perfect I LIKE him but i wouldnt hold onto him if i ever had him

Last edited:
- He looks like a Marshmallow
- Smug personality
- He's small and adorable
- He shares the same name as Marshal Lee from Adventure Time
- He tastes like marshmallows
- I'm eating him right now

I initially wanted him in my town when the game was first coming out, but then I discovered how popular he was. I instead found this cute gorilla yeti named Hans, he's one of my most favorite villagers.

I don't really see the appeal either. He's overrated imo. Sure, he's cute -- but the popularity he has makes him a absolute fortune to get. So then I found Zell. :D

I can understand why people find Marshal so adorable, but he doesn't have dreamie status for me (probably also because my little sister got him :D). I for my part cannot understand why people love Julian O.O I don't mean to offend anyone but in my opinion he is *cough* ugly *cough* :p I guess it's all a mater of taste. I have a feeling that a lot of people around the forums have a thing for "outstanding" villagers like Merengue (who looks like a strawberry cake), Julain (only unicorn villager) or Ankha, Tangy, etc. I for my part prefer "normal" looking villagers who are not too colourful ^.^ The most colorful villager in my town would probably be Kabuki xD

Most people think he's cute, he's a smug, has some of the sloppy furnitures, for some people he looks like a marshmallow, etc...
He's currently a placeholder in my town, I like him but I'm not too crazy about him. I'd take him over Julian all day and everyday.

Honestly, I never get why Julian is so popular. Other than he's a smug unicorn, I don't find him really appealing at all(no offense to fans).

Most people think he's cute, he's a smug, has some of the sloppy furnitures, for some people he looks like a marshmallow, etc...
He's currently a placeholder in my town, I like him but I'm not too crazy about him. I'd take him over Julian all day and everyday.

Honestly, I never get why Julian is so popular. Other than he's a smug unicorn, I don't find him really appealing at all(no offense to fans).

I love him because he's a unicorn! I find it both adorable and unique, like how Drago's a dragon! I'm shocked he's not more popular. I tend to like animals that are either very unique or have a pretty color scheme/design.

Last edited:
I love him because he's a unicorn! I find it both adorable and unique, like how Drago's a dragon! I'm shocked he's not more popular. I tend to like animals that are either very unique or have a pretty color scheme/design.

He's still quite popular in Tumblr IIRC.

But for me, Jacques > both. The first time I saw Jacques and his house, I know that I wanted him. He's my favorite villager before Diana, but I still love him(and he's not much mentioned sadly).

He's still quite popular in Tumblr IIRC.

But for me, Jacques > both. The first time I saw Jacques and his house, I know that I wanted him. He's my favorite villager before Diana, but I still love him(and he's not much mentioned sadly).

LOVE Jacques. Him > Marshal any day!
Still, Marshal is an adorable little squirrel. I think his popularity is partly because of his face, which is pretty unique even though it's kawaii overload, and the fact that he is so popular. It's the same reason people buy LV purses or Burberry coats - they know they're coveted, which makes it more fun to have c:

OMG SURPRISE, people have opinions that may differ from yours!!! I know it's shocking, but it's true!

Sorry, it's just there have been 4328493843 threads like this. The same thing can be said for any super popular villager. Some will love them, some will find them massively overrated. Accept it, move on.

Agreeing with Illyana. :)

I just want to add though, I'm not crazy for Marshal, but I do like his very simplistic (minimal) look, and the cuteness of a squirrel. I'm planning to make a town with mostly white villagers one day, and I definitely want him there.

I do see why Marshal is so well loved, and even if I don't particuarly like him at all, doesn't mean everyone else has to hate him. There are tons of threads like this and the answer is so obvious it doesn't need to be posted.

The answer to your question would be that people have their own opinions: Some people go completely hipster and others completely mainstream. Or reality in other words.

I don't get some popularity. I do understand Fauna, Merengue, and Molly, as I think they're cute. Different villagers appeal to different people.

It's a real shocker but there's this thing called an 'opinion'.

Last edited:
OMG SURPRISE, people have opinions that may differ from yours!!! I know it's shocking, but it's true!

Sorry, it's just there have been 4328493843 threads like this. The same thing can be said for any super popular villager. Some will love them, some will find them massively overrated. Accept it, move on.

Turn down the drama. I'm new and was curious.

- - - Post Merge - - -

This might shock you: I know what an opinion is. :-O

I'll give you a minute to absorb that.

Of course I realize that it's an opinion but I think it's valid to wonder why said opinion favors that villager so much. Was it because he has cool furniture? A particularly charming personality? Basically something that I'm not aware of? I don't think that makes me bad or a "hipster" as you say. I have plenty of dreamies that are considered popular. I was just unclear on why Marshall, a rather plain looking squirrel in my opinion, was so popular.

Back