Can someone please explain this?!

Turn down the drama. I'm new and was curious.

- - - Post Merge - - -

This might shock you: I know what an opinion is. :-O

I'll give you a minute to absorb that.

Of course I realize that it's an opinion but I think it's valid to wonder why said opinion favors that villager so much. Was it because he has cool furniture? A particularly charming personality? Basically something that I'm not aware of? I don't think that makes me bad or a "hipster" as you say. I have plenty of dreamies that are considered popular. I was just unclear on why Marshall, a rather plain looking squirrel in my opinion, was so popular.

I agree 100%.

People seem to get so defensive and try use the "everyone has an opinion" card. You were just asking a question at the end of the day :)

He does look kinda cute, that Marshall dude. I visited him in a dreamtown, I( must admit I would like him in my town, but I already got my awesome squirrel ---> Blaire. I also got Agent S, but she is allowed to leave next time she asks.

Anyways, I think he is popular because:
- A lot of people want him as well (making you special for having him).
- He looks kinda cute/tantrummy.
- Designwise he looks good as well.
- Squirrels are a nice animal type.

Personally I could never understand why someone would pay like 30m for Marshall, but after some thought I realised that if someone would offer me 30m for Fang, I would turn it down in a heartbeat. So it makes sense if he means enough to me to keep even when such offers would occur, why wouldn`t someone be willing to pay 30m to get a dreamie?

This is my first animal crossing game, so I have the benefit of not wanting certain villagers from the day I started playing, I just evaluate as they come and go. But thats probably a little offtopic. :)

Turn down the drama. I'm new and was curious.

- - - Post Merge - - -

This might shock you: I know what an opinion is. :-O

I'll give you a minute to absorb that.

Of course I realize that it's an opinion but I think it's valid to wonder why said opinion favors that villager so much. Was it because he has cool furniture? A particularly charming personality? Basically something that I'm not aware of? I don't think that makes me bad or a "hipster" as you say. I have plenty of dreamies that are considered popular. I was just unclear on why Marshall, a rather plain looking squirrel in my opinion, was so popular.

I'm with you. You just asked a question. It doesn't matter one jot how many threads there have been in the history of the world. You are new here and you wanted to know the opinions of people here and now. I get that totally. :)

I was on one forum for Baldur's Gate and somebody new to a mod character asked a question and somebody jumped down his throat because the mod is years old by now. But still, it is new to somebody every day. People, please DO turn down the drama. It is not necessary to be rude just because you are behind a keyboard and anonymous.

I don't know who Marshall is, but now I get the idea. I guess there are animals and themes for (hopefully) everyone. Personally, I want Ankha and Lucky very badly. I've been smitten with Egyptology for over 40 years and hope to have a town like that someday and they would help it look more authentic.

Last edited:
I've always liked him, I don't really know why...but I have to admit, he was really popular and some people make a huge deal out of it. I was desperate for him once, but now it's not that big a deal. I still love him and a lot of the other popular characters though!
But I'm going to worry a little about this thread, because it could get out of hand eventually. There's already been multiple threads created similar to this one, but I understand that you're new, so that's okay!^^ Every person here was new once. I think that some people just need to tone down the drama a bit is all. Some people are making a huge deal out of the opinions thing, and sure, we all have them, but you're just curious! Everyone's been like that before. :)

Last edited:
Try not to worry! It is just a forum, after all. It may be because I'm old and jaded and used to this sort of thing, but it really isn't anything to worry yourself about. That's what moderators are for. If things get out of hand a mod will handle it.

So far it seems more like some spirited discussion, but that is also what forums are for. And it's easy to make mistakes and sometimes I'm sure we all come across in typing differently than if we were speaking face to face. Keyboard communication can be tricky sometimes.

because this:
tumblr_mu10bscxEp1qblxwuo2_400.jpg

I think people like to make Draco Malfoy ferret jokes about him. I honestly don't see the appeal either. ;D

It's Marshal fever, it will eventually die down just like Bieber fever did. Give it a year or so.

I've always wondered the same thing. I don't think he's cute and If he moved to my town I wouldn't hesitate to let him leave. Idk why people say he looks like a marshmallow O-O he just looks like a squirrel. Lol. I don't think he's ugly but I just think he's okay looking.

I love Marshal and I don't care how many other people like him too, it doesn't change how I feel. :p I love his face, it's cute. And his name is one of my favorite names so that's a bonus. Plus I love marshmallows. Him and Whitney will hopefully never leave my town.

Back