Can I save a villager from my friend's void?

BipolarBear

Literally insane
Bells
Switch
5884-2773-2983
Lobo
So, my friend had Biff in their town and I loved visiting him and grew to really like him a lot. I recently found out that they had him move out because it was convenient at the time.

I always thought "The Void" was your 11th villager slot, that gets filled when someone moves out. In previous animal crossing games, you could "pass" this character to someone else's "Move-in next" slot if you interacted with them but I cannot for the life of me remember if you had to visit them or if they had to visit you.

They visit a lot of other people's islands, but the only people that visit their island are me and our other friend.

TLDR; My friend moved Biff out recently and I want to save him. Nobody visits them, but they visit everyone.

Does anyone know of the right way that I might be able to save Biff?

Biff likely got attached to someone else, it could be anyone who visited your friend or who your friend visited.

If you want to know if Biff is in your void, I'm afraid the only way is to allow random move-ins by keeping plots open. I'm not sure how many villagers are kept in the move-in queue, it is at least 4 though.

Biff likely got attached to someone else, it could be anyone who visited your friend or who your friend visited.

If you want to know if Biff is in your void, I'm afraid the only way is to allow random move-ins by keeping plots open. I'm not sure how many villagers are kept in the move-in queue, it is at least 4 though.
Ok, great, I just found out that they actually have not had any visitors or visited anyone since Biff left.

I am inviting them over and then hoping he shows up in my queue and then after that I will just have to pray and hope as I let randoms move in. Thanks!

oh well really not sure how this all works but have you visited a lot of people's islands? bc then it would maybe be better to first move in one villager from your void queue so it frees up a space for him?

oh well really not sure how this all works but have you visited a lot of people's islands? bc then it would maybe be better to first move in one villager from your void queue so it frees up a space for him?
That's a good point... I will see if I can do that as quick as I can then just to be safe

This too. I'm not sure what the queue cap is, but this is something to consider.

I really hope it's more of a stack than a queue, because if I have to go through the entire thing to get Biff then it's going to take quite a while. I always thought you get the villager that moved out of your friend's place the most recently, first. So in the scenario of a "stack" situation, Biff would be on top of the stack, and therefore be the first to move in. That's just the ideal scenario though, I will have to just try it myself to see for sure.

Back